Will Trump win the 2020 election?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SOXXX2, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Does Trump win again?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’ve seen enough liberal contrarians in my neck of the woods denying it to simply reduce the stupidity to partisanship. People believed what they wanted to believe based on a desire to not want to face a fearful truth, or to criticize other people’s concerns, and likely many other factors. But it doesn’t appear to be political.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Let's see what he's approval rating is when our savings are wiped out and 20% of us loss our jobs and the foreclosures start.

4. barfolomew

barfolomew Active Member

I am sorry if this offends anyone, but these two campaign predictions are burning in my heart and I know of no better place to unleash my ignorance upon the world than a gathering of Jets fans. While doing grassroots campaigning in a factory or fair, Joe Biden will punch a Korean War veteran in the face. At some point during the campaign or possibly up to inauguration day Trump will spit on a Mexican child. It will be clean spit, white, not flemy.

5. HerndonFan

HerndonFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I bet many people would like to for someone other than these two. One of them is good for at least one gaffe a week while the other acts like a buffoon and an asshole.

stinkyB, HomeoftheJets and barfolomew like this.
  6. barfolomew

barfolomew Active Member

The interesting thing is, your descriptions apply to both perfectly.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hey we can all use some entertainment in our lives...

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Will the spit be contaminated with Covid-19?

9. barfolomew

barfolomew Active Member

Who knows, their aren't enough test kits for the President.

stinkyB likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

As long as he’s still trolling liberals he’ll be just fine with his base. Competence isn’t high on their list.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

His base alone will not win it. People forget that 2018 was a national slaughter of Republicans. It was an ass whipping of epic proportions. Republicans were swamped even though they held onto 16 seats on pure gerrymandering. Biden's numbers with moderately conservative suburban women is enough to turn this. Granted the Biden "Swift Boating" hasn't really started yet. His base isn't enough by itself. He needs low voter turnout and right of center suburban voters who aren't really part of his base to be fully behind him. Those voters have seen their saving evaporate and are about to lose their jobs in droves. Many of them will lose a loved one, neighbor or friend to this pandemic before it's over. It's pretty clear they knew this was coming in early January and not only played with their puds, they profited off it while selling it as a hoax.

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Since posting this, the stock market is up nearly 5,000 points (24%)..........

13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I felt Biden would've beat him in 2016 but he didn't run for President then.

In 2020 I feel Trump will win in possibly the mother of all landslide victories.

Timing is everything.

14. JetBlue

It’s truly a boy who cried wolf scenario. Trump should be getting hammered right now, but because a particular set of people decided to spend four years fabricating meritless accusations and criticisms, most people are simply tuned out at this point to criticisms directed at him. The only people who are widely outraged now are the same people who spent four years being outraged by Russian interference and collusion accusations. That’s why we teach children through tales not to lie, because when you tell the truth nobody will believe you.

FJF likes this.
  15. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I don't see any possible way Trump loses at this point. Biden is fried, Corona is falling flat, stock market technically has started a new bull market (I'm still bearish personally).

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There hasn’t been a better example as to why the stock market is not the economy

10 million + unemployed in a week. But the stock market is up. Cool, no one has jobs but good for the Wall Street shit heads

barfolomew likes this.
  17. JetBlue

Those people would have been in the same employment crisis regardless of whether Trump took action sooner, so that’s not something that can honestly be applied to Trump.

but did Trump’s initial downplay of the virus make the spread worse and prolong how long businesses will be closed down, thus prolonged the unemployment? That is the criticism that belongs to Trump if it can be successfully supported.

Ralebird, Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not true... South Korea had their 1st case the same day as us and they are all back to work

they have better leadership over there though

Brook! likes this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

How anyone can look at the current administration’s handling of this and think “oh, yeah, these are the guys I want in charge during a crisis” is flat out beyond me.

Brook! likes this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The stock market is forward looking. It's predicting that the virus will pass, most people will get up in the morning and work to improve their lives and their families lives and some among us will be so brilliant they will improve our productivity and add too GDP.

An optimistic stock market is a bet on a better economic future. I hope the stock market proves prescient.

The government acted in a bipartisan way to mitigate the temporary stoppage. That created the stability to stop the slide and the optimism to look toward a future of economic growth. That's a good sign for the general economy.

Bernie dropping out also helped. Bernie isn't a capitalist and isn't compatible with well regulated functioning capitalism. Biden reduces a lot of forward risk.

HomeoftheJets likes this.