Will Any STHs Be Attending Both Pre-Season Rape Games at Full Price . . .

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by jetophile, Jul 6, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

. . . or fck yourself even more by staying home? I can't even donate this shit to the squirrels that won't leave by bird feeder alone.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You played yourself buying season tickets.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The first time since Leon caved in and made us by pre seasons I won't be pissing my money away because I ain't a ticket holder anymore. F Woody.

CBG and Jets69 like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'll take the tickets for $100.

You paying me of course.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You paid for your tickets. Why not go and enjoy the game with a friend or somebody from your family. I miss Jets so much, I end up going to at least 1 preseaon game every year. Don't worry about donating your tickets. Come game time, I will pay you the going rate based on stubhub prices so you can transfer your tickets to me. I will paypal you. One condition. It has to sideline tickets. No interest in end zone tickets.

6. jetophile

Oops, my apologies that I put this in the wrong section. I didn't know there was a 'Jets Experience' forum. Now that I do, is this where we go to kill ourselves? $500 clams for two scrimmages, it's egregious. Back in the day, you could make someone happy, now it's like you're giving people cancer. Pre-season should be deeply discounted, but if they do that, they're only going to tack the cost onto regular season games. Pre-season became mandatory when Fat Parcells - who gave me nothing - came here. Sorry, Brook!, I'm in nosebleed. They're good nosebleed, Row 5 on the 46, but still nosebleed. Come game time, they'll be worth a dime each, so it won't even be worth the fee involved.

I've been toying around with the idea of letting my tix go for a couple of years now, but it's a principle thing. I promised my Daddy that I'd never give them up. We go back to the Titans days in the polo grounds, official season tix holders since '63. A really close friend of mine, who's as maniacal a fan as I am - maybe more, if that's possible - said, look, if your father was alive when The New Dump came around, he would've drop-kicked this shit into the primordial ooze of Secaucus. Dumped the tickets like a dead body on Patterson Plank Road. Blew up the radio station at the stoplight to Rte.120. Yelled insults to the loser, horny drunks waiting outside of Stilettos post-game - "I'm telling your wife!!!!" Yes, that happened, haha.

Our infamous tailgate is long kaput, the place is flavorless, feeling increasingly tempted to just buy tix week by week. The problem with that is, then you have to deal with the parking pass, which I have at times sold for $85, other times face, below face, or not at all. Anyway, this dilemma has nothing to do with the Jets being terrible. Just big time conflicted about the whole thing at this point.

Haha, HomeoftheJets - which of course, the Jets don't have one - the Jets owe me retroactively, thanks. They should pay me to attend is as old as it gets, though, gotta say.

#6 jetophile, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Royal Tee and rohirrim665 like this.
  7. jetophile

You guys are off your game for not reaming me over my OP typo or the fertile implications. I was expecting bye bye birdie or leave my bird feeder alone! Oh, well, I guess you were being polite to a Charm School dropout. I personally hate grammar police, but let it be known, I am the Queen of typos. Well, I'm the Queen of the world, actually, so there's always that.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I usually take my 7yo son to these games so if he wants to leave early I don't mind.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If 46 means, 46 yard line, I don't mind nosebleed. Like I said, I typically buy my pre season tickets day of the game. I will PM you that day and tell you what the going rate is on stubhub and you can check yourself. So at that point, you can either sell your tickets to me and I will paypal you or just eat them if you decide not to go. I will buy from stubhub if I don't hear from you. Simple as that :)

10. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

I will most likely donate them and write them off. I should get something back that way right?

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There's a Jets Experience forum?

12. jetophile

See Post #6.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

For everyone that has season tickets but complain about the price of the preseason games? Would it make you feel better if the itemized it differently so that the preseason games appeared cheaper but you were still paying the same price? I actually respect the marketing dept more for not insulting your intelligence.

Brook! likes this.
  14. FJF

When I think of jet experiences I think of a nite in Daytona with 2 chicks in a hotel and they started making out and I thought the 3some was a lock, until the one girl puked in the other girls face and the whole thing was over. Felt just like a Sunday afternoon in December

CBG likes this.
  15. jetophile

I said this very thing in Post #6 above, meaning if they were to slash the preseason ticket price ticket price they would just tack it on to the regular season ticket price, so no, it wouldn't have made me happy either way. What they should have done in good conscience was just slash the preseason ticket price seeing as we're forced into them and leave the regular season ticket price alone, but this FO has absolutely no desire to maintain a decent relationship with their fan base. Zero. I finally got fed up with their shit after a string of different incidents since the first spade hit the dirt for The New Dump.

16. FJF

You are asking them to make less money then they were making? Think about that.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cant believe I just saw this or I would have liked it yesterday lol

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sounds like a night with Brockmire, except the puke have been when the party really started.

19. jetophile

Think about that? You're insulting my intelligence now - and my quotient is low. First off, they're making less money than they were making all on their own - and not just because of the product on the field.

It's a business, duh, no kidding. I addressed the business aspect in other threads in this forum, and if you're not busy on a rainy day, peruse. Making money hand over fist, I'm down; but treat your customers right while you're doing that. It's actually a thing. Guess what? The Jets did it all wrong from the word go re: The New Dump, and they're still doing it wrong. F the Jets FO. You have no idea.

I never knew this forum existed until this thread got moved. The Stadium thread was pinned in the Jets forum originally. Basically I come here to crap on Woody Johnson's wonderful business acumen. He doesn't have any. The best Jets highlight of my life was when L. Jay Cross screamed at me on the phone and hung up in my face. I keep threatening Willets Point, hooooooo boy, it's coming.

20. FJF

All I am saying, and not going to address the 8 million tangents you went on, is there’s no going back on the structure now and they are not going to make the preseason games an optional package. It would lower their profit margin. Best you can hope for is an expanded regular season cutting 2 games off the preseason schedule.