Wild Card

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Nov 1, 2010.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

I am not making this thread to be negative, just wanted to bring up some things I have seen through 7 games.

1- We have yet to put together a complete game on both Offense and Defense.

2- Sanchez still looks confused. I am not so sure that our receivers aren't getting separation. He missed Braylon wide open on at least two plays yesterday. Also, the little pump fake he keeps doing is getting old. I don't think he is getting rid of the ball soon enough.

3-New England comes to play every week and you will never see them lay a goose egg. They have half the talent and a much better coaching staff. New England will go at least 12-4 this year. I don't see us finishing better than 11-5.

4-No excuse to look like shit after a bye week. Good coaches have there team ready to play.

I think it is realistic to think that we will be a wild card this year, unless the offense becomes consistent on a weekly basis.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I noticed at least 4 or 5 times yesterday that I was screaming at the TV for Sanchez to get rid of the ball....seems his internal clock is a little slow a times

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Wow! imagine if we have a 2 game win streak. NE is getting the job done but they haven't been overly impressive, Brady could win w/ the average TGG poster at WR so they will always have an edge at QB as long as he is playing. That's really their only edge, we are better than them and we'll be fine. We stunk yesterday, that's life in the NFL. NE will have games like that too.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to try out the wide receiver position.

5. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

How many are displeased to be 5-2 at this point in the season? The jets are in great shape and they will only get better when Sanchez matures!

6. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

What's worse as a fan?

Jets loss against GB yesterday or total embarassment loss to the Browns by NO at home?

Our team will be just fine. Shits just happen in the NFL.

7. stanner

stanner Member

word up.

take it easy, everybody. eat some candy.

8. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Right on the money. We will have some more bumps on the road to negotiate but our rivals will too. That is life in the NFL.

9. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

If we lost 24-0 it wouldn't have hurt as bad as the way we lost yesterday.

At least we could have said GB simply out played us on both sides of the ball.

10. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I am getting a bit sick of looking up at the Patriots in the standings. It really is disgusting how good this team still is. Every year you think you can stick a fork in them but they keep winning. Are they perfect? No. They have gotten some very lucky breaks over the last 3 games and could have easily lost at least 2 of them. However; they never beat themselves and they seem to squeeze every drop of talent out of every player who steps on the field (Danny Woodhead!!!).

I expect us to lose games this year but it's frustrating because we need to be nearly perfect to keep pace with NE.

11. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

That actually makes me feel better. It also makes me feel worse, as I bet on the Saints against the Browns... Then bet against the Saints last night... Bet on them against AZ... OMG I'm never betting on them again.

12. Uzone27

Uzone27 New Member

Does make me cringe a bit about that thread that was up here a few weeks ago where people were asking who they wanted to see win that Ravens/Pats game.

We lose the tie-break vs. the Ravens....that wasn't going to change regardless.

That game in Foxboro is looming larger and larger if they still hold a one game edge over us going in.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Sanchez had a lot of time in the pocket. Pass protection was excellent yesterday.

GB did a good job of staying on the receivers.

GB also planned well for the run game. I still feel like the Jets should run Greene more often and earlier. Use him like a battering ram against the front 7. Then let LT juke 'em up when they are tired.

We are 5-2. We have 3 winnable games coming up before this team heads to Foxboro.

Did we all think they Jets were going 15-1 this year? Better a loss against a good GB team out of conference then someone in conference.

14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

You mean like the one yesterday?...... Just sayin'

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i understand he does look lost at times, but we had SIX drops yesterday. plus those two interceptions that were a little odd... discount that, and i think Mark played awesome. also those fuck ups really FUCK UP his flow.

16. nyjunc

They outplayed us in 2 phases- Our O vs. their D and in STs. I am 100% confident we have the better team but yesterday Gb played better and deserved the win.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

IMO GB did not outplay us by any stretch, we beat ourselves. With a little help with from the refs.

All 3 of those "turnovers" were in Green Bay territory and the nature of the calls were very deflating.

I'm still confused on how those are called interceptions when both Cotch and Keller went to the ground with the ball and then had the ball ripped out of their hands.

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

The pats squeaked out wins against the ravens and bills. So they're not an almighty juggernaut. They were very lucky to win both those games.

they have to play @ pittsburgh and then indy back to back.

as mentioned, 5-2....with 3-0 in the division and 4-1 in the conference? Will take that all day long if you asked me in august.

this team has too much pride to play like they did for the next couple of games

19. nyjunc

GB outplayed us w/o a doubt. yes those "INTs" helped them but our O scored zero pts, I don't care f every call went against us we cannot come up w/ zero points.

20. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Agree. I thought the receiver was on the ground lying on his back when Woodson stripped the ball and took it away for that interception.