Why so many move backs?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by tanknyc, Apr 30, 2017.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Now I do understand we were stock piling picks in the draft and have many holes to fill. But this has to be a record for thee amount of times we moved back. Not only did we move back but when it came to selecting players past Adams I know for sure I was like who is that? We can't say there wasn't good prospects left on the board either because a lot of players were there for the taking.

I'm not passing judgment on the players we selected because who knows they could become shining stars. The thing is with the 2nd round pick they could of taken a better prospect at Corner then opposed to them waiting till the 6th or 7th round. This was a deep class for players but it just seemed like the oddest draft I've ever watched.

You got Cook sitting there in the second round he pretty much fell to us yet we select McGuire in the later rounds. Only time will tell if it was the right moves or not. I just think us moving down would of been for players that fell in our lap at that selection but we picked players that you could of taken anytime. Last but not least if we are rebuilding then we know its not a 1 year process so we should of selected BPA when we were up for selecting.

westiedog1 likes this.