Why not? Another rate my team....

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by The Predator, Aug 27, 2007.

1. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Had my big money ($350) draft last night. 12 teams, 1PPR, 5pts all TDs, 3 points every 50 yards rushing/recieving, 3pts 200/250/etc passing.

11th pick overall, I really really didn't want to be 10-12, tough luck. One important thing is that there are no trades allowed, and only 1 waiver move per week, at $5 a move.

Must have 3QBs, 6RBs, 5WRs, 2TEs, 2Ks, and 2DSTs on your roster
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

R1 Reggie Bush - not a prototypical #1 back, but in a 1PPR I'll take him

R2 Travis Henry - hopefully he does as good as I expect him too, before the draft even started I was targetting Bush/Henry, I was really happy with thi

R3 Roy Williams - Best WR available. I had him last year, and I expect him to get open alot ore now that Calvin Johnson's in the mix

R4 Javon Walker - It was a tough call between him and Boldin, but Arizona is leaning more on the running game this year. With a full year with Cutler, I'm hoping Walker puts up similar numbers to 2004.

R5Reggie Brown - Last reciever on the board that I would really like to have. I think he'll have a great year and end up being in the top 12-15 recievers

R6 Jon Kitna - I usually wait till at least R8 to take a QB, but considering Manning and Bulger went R1 (stupid, I know) and Brees, Palmer, and Brady went R2, with McNabb in R3, I'm happy to get Kitna at this point. It wa shonestly the biggeest/earliest QB run I've ever seen. Interceptions don't count as negative points, so I loved Kitna here. Plus double points w/ Roy Williams.

R7 Kellen Winslow Jr. - I wanted Heap but he went about 4 picks earlier. I'm not complaining about a TE who gets 80+ catches, though, since that's 80+ points for me

R8 Mark Clayton - I really needed another RB here, but Norwood went the pick right in front of me, and I felt DeAngelo Williams, Brandon Jackson, or Lamont Jordan would fall to me. It's also at this point that I realize week 6 is a loss for me, since I can't take Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, or Kevin Jones due to bye week conflicts. Basically my whole team so far is off week 6, so I take Clayton hoping he will do something then and get me a few points

R9 Chris Henry - Well, none of the guys I wanted lasted to me and I am offically fucked with RB depth

R10 DeShaun Foster - see above

R11 Matt Shaub - I really really wanted Cutler, since he was somehow still around, but I needed a backup that had a different bye week than Kitna (this i slikely the only time he'll bne playing for me anyway)

R12 Muhsin Muhammed - He's only gonna play for me week 6 (hopefully), and was just about the best WR left

R13 Steelers - defenses mean very little in this league (10 pts shutout, 5pts for holding an opponent under 10, and 10pts for TDs, thats it), and no one else was left that I felt like taking here

R14 Josh Brown - kicker

R15 Jason Campbell - one of the last few starting QBs left, fulfills my QB requirement

R16 Owen Daniels - sleeper TE, glad to have him in case Winslow crashes again

R17 DeDe Dorsey

R18 - Josh Scobee

R19 - Bucs Defense

R20 Cecil Sapp - my big time sleeper, RB in Denver, Mike Bell is hurt, and if Henry goes down he will get the carries
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

QB - Kitna, Shaub, Campbell
    RB - Bush, T. Henry, C. Henry, Foster, Dorsey, Sapp
    WR - R. Williams, Walker, R. Brown, Clayton, Muhammed
    TE - Winslow, Daniels
    K - Brown, Scobee
    DST - Steelers, Bucs

I have absolutely horrible depth at RB, but I love my starting team considering my draft spot. I think I'm within the top 4 teams in the league, and should definately make playoffs. But I'm only an injury away from being in last place.
    I pretty much already have one loss because of week 6, but I'm willing to live with that in order to have a better team the rest of the year.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Our leagues are very similar.

I took Bush in the first round at #7. Gore fell to me at #14 overall.

And I got banged up on week 6 too.

3. The Predator

Gore at 14 overall? Damn, the fantasy gods gave you one hell of a gift.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Everyone was neurotic over his prior knee injury, the hand injury he incurred over the preseason, and his tendancy to fumble.

So I got, Bush & Gore at RB and Marshawn Lynch at Flex.

I like rolling the dice on Tight Ends, I had Winslow last year and he was a pleasant fantasy stud, he seldom scored but accrued a bunch of yards.

I took Olsen this year, what are your thoughts on him? I'm high on him only because I played against him in High School, lol.

5. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

i took reggie bush at 5, idc he is the guy i wanted

6. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Way too many rules in your draft.

Anyway, can you play a 3rd back? If so, you should have taken another sooner. If not, good enough choices.

7. The Predator

I agree, it's a very strict league and tight with the rules. They've had the league since the late 80's, pre-internet, and they just kept the rules basically the same since then. Compared to most leagues the rules seem excessive or whatever, but I can see how they were actually easier back in the day.

And no, you can only start 2 RBs, thank god, otherwise I'd hate my team.

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

You might want to consider picking up Selvin Young from Denver. Sapp has been demoted (according to Yahoo!) and Young has apparently moved up to #2 RB behind Henry. May be temporary, who knows. Just a heads up.

#8 Kris 15, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  9. The Predator

Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna have to look into that