Why is Tanny getting a free pass?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 25, 2011.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Yes Rex made mistakes,Schotty must go and Sanchez may be overrated. What about Tannenbaum's failures?
    1)OL depth
    2)No Passrush
    3)drafting Wilson 1st rd
    4)drafting Ducasse 2nd rd
    5) Bringing Folk and O'Connell in for kicking(or is that missing :lol:)

Yes we can be angry at Rex,Schotty and Sanchez for their performance but Tanny needs to feel some heat as well for his part in this season of poor football.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Tanny trusted his coach who took this team to back to back AFCCG. He did what he was asked to do.

You guys are overreacting to everything Chill a little. This is football. You can't always win

Fucking Pats didn't win a play off game for I forgot how many years with their HOF QB and HOF HC.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Because Tanny is just now beginning to get heat from the debacle that was 2011. Fact is, those 2 AFCCG's helped Tanny as much as Rex as it gave both men a certain amount of immunity from criticism. That is changing as we speak as you can tell by the tone from both the media and the fanbase. Woody Johnson is the final arbiter on this and more times than not, the GM is the last to walk the plank sooo, in the pecking order it would be Schotty first, Ryan second and then Tannenbaum at some point.

4. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I agree...Tannenbaum's feet should be held to the fire.

As a cap guy...he's good.

GM/personnel guy..totally sucks!!!

I don't have problem with the Wilson pick, because for the most part Wilson has gotten better. But his picks in the later rounds has been disastrous. The late picks is where you find how good a GM/personnel guy is and he's failed miserably.

I think he and his staff better step it up or they could be good.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

According to Kris Jenkins, Tannenbaum listens to the HC and goes and gets the players he/the staff want.

RR/Schott and co scouted and asked for Sanchez, McKnight, etc.

6. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

What???

Chill....?

Jets fans...? Are you new here? Oh yes...you're a "starter" I get it.

Take that "you can't always win" philosophy and sell it to the some tee-ball players.

I'm aware you can't be on top all the time, but I'd like to see some progress.

"You can't win all the time" Ain't that a kick in the head.

7. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

OP, I think Tanny is still a very good GM, but I agree, he's my number 1 person to blame. Always starts at the top and trickles down. I don't agree on Wilson, who's been very good as a nickel CB in his 2nd year. The o-line fails primarily on him with the little depth we had, how conservative we went in allowing Hunter to man the RT spot, and the failure that is the turnstyle, Ducasse.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Where is VG in your equation? :sad:

9. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

He should def get some heat. The lack of depth is what killed the Jets this year. He was so busy chasing Aso this offseason that he didn't grab the guys this team actually needs. Eric Smith is horrible. Wayne Hunter is a backup at best. Glaring needs like this were ignored to make a run at a guy that they really didn't need. This offseason is key to where the Jets go in the next 5 years. Hopefully they keep all their picks and draft on need and stop taking RBs and projects.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Did U also forget Wayne Hunter? :sad:

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

despite ALL that took place and the draft picks , Eric Smith at Safety and the debacle that we watched yesterday------Tanny did not address the off line one iota! We knew in camp we had little depth--then Turner gets hurt ,,then we lose Mangold and there was nothing left and nobody, not a soul was brought in---simply amazing and yes we all like Tanny but he has to get as much heat as anyone for this mess :sad:

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Again, Tannenbaum does not scout and make personnel decisions for us. The HC and his staff do, Tannenbaum makes it happen.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

If this is true, I would say between having to coach the team and pick the players, Rex is in WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over his head

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

yeah, he totally sucks. he only drafted some of the best players in the league at their positions -- Revis, D'Brick, Mangold, and players that are clearly very good -- Brad Smith, Keller, Greene.

the problem with Tanny is that first AFC Championship made him think we were closer to being a real Super Bowl contender then we are and mortgage the farm on some trades while thinking we had enough talent to take chances on some picks.

15. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Not getting a free pass from me...He replaced a very productive receiving corps with guys who were older and slower (Burress for Edwards--more TDs, yes, but where are all those big 20 yard in-cuts over the middle that would actually move the ball downfield beyond the dink and dunk of BS)...he replaced Mason for Cotchery...obvious disaster with Mason getting traded, but am I the only one who remembers all those 3rd down conversions that Cotch would get for us?

Biggest knock on GM is his failure to deliver a bonafide pass rusher and failure to keep the OL well stocked...that's because he trades away draft picks like penny candy.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Tanny doesn't get heat because the Jets have been the clear winners of the last 3 offseasons. Tanny gets paid for creating enough interest in the team in the offseason to sell tickets. Tanny has done a masterful job in doing just that.

You want a better team you need people who can evaluate and develop talent. Tanny isn't paid to do that.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Correct. He is a contract lawyer, not a football guy. Fingers need to be pointed at Scott Cohen, Terry Bradway, and Joey Clinkscales for a lot of the recent misses in personnel.

And Woody, for hiring a lawyer and pitchman for his GM.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I dont think Tanny is getting a free pass (at least from the fans) there are plenty of posts bitching him out about the shitty job he did this offseason - but you cannot really expect the organization to come out flaming him in public - what would be the point?

At work people have appraisals and can have very tough and rough appraisals but no-one ever knows about them aside from the person getting the roasting and their line manager (until they are no longer around of course!)

19. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

also he needs to step in and fire Shotty fuck what Rex says, drafted 2 busts in a row with really high picks,let Thomas Jones, Kerry Rhodes, John Abraham, Vilam go for virtually nothing. Abraham would be by far our best pass rusher right now. And Kerry Rhodes would be our best SS. If we don't make the playoffs next year either and Shotty is still here he has to go to.

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

While I do agree with you on some points here, John Abraham was traded for a first round pick, which resulted in arguably the best center in football (Mangold). Abraham was (and still is) very good, but I'd rather have Mangold for sure.