Why is Quennin Williams Not In

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Most NFL defenses rotate DL in and out pretty regularly.
    It has been going on all year and not just with QW.
    Hell Shepherd makes a great play and they pull him out.

Giants first round DL Dexter Lawrence has been playing extremely well and he is not on the field every down either.

2. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Who saw this dude whiff on that Daniel Jones run in the 4th Q and take out his own guy lol. We all knew Josh Allen had to be the pick. What an embarrassment

3. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

How come we never had any luck with drafting talented players?

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Stat tracker notes that Quinnen has only played on 55% of the snaps this seasons in games he was healthy. That is barely more than half the snaps and includes all kicking downs, which most of our DL play on. So ya, he hasn't seen a lot of action on downs 1-3.

Like the title of the thread I'm wondering why? He seems to get a good push most of the time. I don't know why he wouldn't be in more. If I had to guess I'd say its lack of experience. We got to remember this guy only had 10 games under his belt when we drafted him. Perhaps he is being taken out of his assigned lane too often? Doesn't seem like that though.

A lot of us here seem to forget that when we drafted Q it was for his future potential. He was really too young to come out as an NFL DT because his body had not filled out yet. What is expected is when he fills out in a year or two he is going to be a beast. The next Donald/Sapp - whatever. We can only believe it when we see it. One of the complaints when he was drafted was he would not be ready to make an impact this season.

Its hard on us because we needed a pass rusher and instead went DT again. But thats the Jets for ya. The truth is we wont know what we have with Q until next year. Maybe Williams is just trying to keep him healthy while he learns? I still think he should be in there more.

#24 ouchy, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Q played 14 games as a redshirt freshman and 15 as a sophomore. He actually played 29 games, not 10.

ouchy likes this.
  6. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I feel like this kid is going to really work out for us in the long run.

7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

So glad Mac is gone.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If he was still our GM, I'd have to prepare myself for Derrick Brown being the pick in round 1 because he was too good to pass up over Thomas, Jeudy, Young, etc.....

9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't know who Derrick Brown is, but I'll just assume he's an interior defensive lineman.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Indeed but the thing is no other expert really would have disagreed with his selections of Williams (lucky he dropped to us at 6) Adams same (but is already working out better than Phat boy) and then Q who everybody thought was a huge talent and an instant starter?

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The problem with taking Q Williams was that we needed an edge rusher and there were multiple obvious prospects available. Instead we got the one who got cut after the preseason after taking Q in round 1.

dmw and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I understand, I was just saying that the experts wouldn't say anything about picking Q in our draft slot but hopefully, he will be more productive than his namesake which let's face it won't be hard.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

That’s funny and all but Brown wouldn’t be BPA over the guys you mentioned. If anything and Mac was still GM it would make it more likely that Jeudy or Young would be the pick if available as they would be BPA over anyone.