Who's "whining" now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No, not a Patsy Cline song - probably most here don't even know who she was anyway - but who are those whining now?

For months, actually a few years, I've been called a "whiner" for complaining about how this team was run, and the bad decisions made, and seeing it continue like in bad movie that you keep having to watch. Most recently I was called a "whiner" and along with NYJetsO12 an "old fogie" or slur to that effect, implying that we were too old and out of touch to know what a good job Macc had been doing, and how he has us on the brink. Those of us disagreeing were called crazy because obviously they wouldn't fire Macc NOW, not after he spent all that money and made all the picks,right? Wrong!

So now it's all those Macc supporters who are whining, and calling the team dysfunctional and a joke, but three days ago, they loved the Jets and thought they were on the right track!

I guess the "moral" of this little story is: "Don't be so harsh and unyielding in your judgment of others" because you never know when things will suddenly change. Case in point: I've been called a Dark Sider for all the time I've posted here, but now that I agree with what the Johnsons have done, and can look forward to a light at the end of the tunnel, am I now a "Bright Sider"? Which judgment is correct? More importantly, why does the label matter? I'm going to continue to post my opinions based on how I see things using facts to the best of my ability. I will continue to do my best to be respectful of others, especially those I disagree with. I hope everyone can take this sudden turn of events as a reminder to not hold onto preconceived beliefs too tightly.

Finally, my intent for posting this thread isn't to rub anyone's nose in it, but simply to ask that when you disagree with someone, leave the judgment of the person out of it. We're all Jets fans.

2. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

Steve Perry ????

stinkyB and NYJalltheway like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

"homers" + "fanboys" :rolleyes:

4. ColoradoContrails

Who's who?:eek:

5. K'OB

Just saying, an odd term of disrespect, I'd rather be called a cunt than have a guy or guys call me a homer when all of us should be homers that is the point of supporting a team and shouldn't be a term of belittlement, imo of course ;)

joe, jonnyd and boozer32 like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

Yes, we should all be rooting for them to win, but just because you disagree with how they're going about it doesn't make you a villain, or a "whiner". It's when the name-calling starts that people dig in their heels and stick to their opinions instead of being open-minded. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of name-calling, but I think it's counter-productive.

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Take a victory lap CC. The Jets got it wrong again and it blew up in their face. Little Johnson at least recognized it and maybe to a point Gase did too. Woody would have just stuck his head in the dirt and let things go on. Now I hope they will get some competent pieces in here to tweak what they have now and start winning.

8. K'OB

It is, it constantly splits the fan base into sides.

I think the whiner comments will come from not what people have to say but for how many times they keep saying it, if a guy posts Mac out in different threads once or twice then he is voicing his opinion if after 2 months he is still saying the same thing everyday then it does become a little whiny lol but yes yo are right it is still counterproductive to say it.

jonnyd and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree being a homer is a term of endearment. Why else would you be supporting the Jets?

Will-I-Am-Not, M00ndawg and K'OB like this.
  10. K'OB

Not sure that would work in San Francisco though :D

boozer32 likes this.
  11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

A little "wine" can taste quite sweet, particularly if your team just got rid of a grossly incompetent executive. Every major decision, outside of the Darnold move and a few no brainer top of the first round draft picks, that Maccagnan made were unqualified disasters, both draft related and in free agency. The timing of his termination is unorthodox, but that's only because younger Johnson didn't have the stones to fire Mac when he dismissed Bowles at the end of the season. Be that as it may, this is a good move, that can only be adulterated if the acting owner selects a new GM as incompetent as the last one his brother hired.

boozer32, NYJetsO12, themorey and 2 others like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on! True, and classy!

13. K'OB

Which is, of course, a massive worry as they never do anything right.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Show me the wins... Nothing else matters. Not terms, not labels, not who's running this franchise as none of that is under our control. I'm much more apathetic now than I used to be when it comes to this team. Once in a blue moon, they'll do something off the wall and I'll have a 24hr reaction, then its back to normal. Simply not worth the emotional investment anymore for me.. New Unis? Great if it means more wins.. New HC/GM? if it means less BPA and mumbling, stumbling interviews, fine. Idiot Owner? Its his money and his team so he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

Just show me the wins..

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Hey, I was whining too.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Hold on, this guy thinks he’s the only one that’s been whining? What do you have everyone on ignore? No Facebook or Twitter?

FJF likes this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I disagree with your reaction to the Mac firing but we have the same end goal. I just see the loss of Mac as a step in the correct direction because that man was never building a winner here, or anywhere else. The job was too big for him.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought the term homer and darksider was stupid. I’ve been called a homer or a Mac fanboy of which I am neither. I did think Mac had the roster heading in the right direction and was willing to give him a chance to see it through. In the end we are all fans of the same team and want the same thing.

I do not like the decision to fire him now. Mostly I don’t think Adam Gase has earned the right to dictate who stays and goes. I do however see the logic in, we are going to live or die with Adam Gase so might as well give him the best chance to succeed by having him work closely with someone he is comfortable with and shares the same vision with. Sure wish that decision would’ve come before he spent 100mil and used the 3rd pick, thankfully he did a good job with those things and didn’t set the new GM back whenever he is hired.

As for whining, I think there is a difference between disagreeing with a decision and harping over it over and over and over again.

Ralebird, K'OB and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  19. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

The Mac thing doesn't bother me as much as the news that Gase didnt want Bell or CJ, bc that is a formula for a divided locker room.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Again, I'm glad Macc is gone as I agree with you that Macc wasn't gonna build a winner here in a reasonable time span. Its the timing that annoys me as I still feel they should have cleaned house instead of the halfassed job Chris Johnson decided to do.
    The aftermath of this firing will have repercussions this season and beyond as the optics were so bad on this that the view of the league towards this franchise is simply "inept" when they were so close to being "functional". To me, its typical Jets under the Johnson Ownership Team of Woody and Chris. Its what they do and even if you're only a casual fan, this gets annoying fast.

#20 Cman68, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.