Who's gonna be the first expert this week?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Every week we have multiple people on this site telling us why the D sucks, the QB sucks, the running game sucks, the coaches suck, etc.

Today it looked like all those people/groups were OK.

I'm just waiting for the first person to tell us what worked. Maybe when all the highlights have been shown on ESPN, a bunch of talking heads who never played in the NFL share their opinion, and the stats are up on NFL.com our fellow forum members will be ready to "educate" us.

As we all know, the posts are always extremely in depth and educational....so after weeks and weeks of negativity and wholehearted bashing of the team (because obviously it always has to be all one thing or all the other), let's hear why we won....

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

we won becaues we ran the ball. which is because indies run defense is deplorable.

mark sanchez didnt make mistakes, this occured because he rarely saw any pressure and didnt get hit.

we won because andrew luck really played like a rookie qb today.

we looked very good today, everything was clicking and everything was working. ill take that any day. hopefully this is a nice confidence builder going into the new england game.

3. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

We won because we ran the ball well against of the worst run defenses in the league. We didn't ask much of suckchez, because we all know he cant handle it.

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

A good game on both sides of the ball. The D Line really stepped up and was in the backfield all day. Greene's having the game of his life.

5. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Shonne Greene had a career day. Colts defense was sad, but who cares.

6. reverseapachemaster

LOL to the Sanchez hate today. Yeah we grounded and pounded Indy today but our passing game wasn't bad, either.

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Your avatar is a pic of you flipping the middle finger to a jersey of Sanchez, who is a player on the team that you support.

That's neat.

8. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Maybe if he would stop playing like a journeyman qb, instead of a 5th overall pick 4 yrs ago, he would receive more support from EVERYONE.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

We went 5/5 in the RZ with 5 touchdowns. We stopped an anemic Colts rushing offense. We bent a lot but never broke on defense. Sanchez dodn't throw any picks. We blocked really well and dominated the #31 rushing defense in the league.

10. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

We also made Luck shit his plants

11. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

where do people keep getting this #31 rushing defense stat?

The JETS were #31 against the run, not the Colts...

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

They mentioned in on the broadcast? They must have messed up the names or I misheard. The Colts run defense was graded at a very high negative score on PFF though. They weren't considered good

13. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Kris Jenkins is a fucking moron. Jets post game live.

14. Mr. Green Pants

I don't think it's a stretch to say that fans who respond to wins like this probably shouldn't bother following the team anymore.

15. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

im not an expert by any means, but from what i saw that went right, ducasse got the start today if im not mistaken. that helped. moore played a great game as well. shonne greene was able to get into a rhythm and make the other team pay, seems as though they might have figured out a way to make that happen. hill had a big game as well, he needs to stay on the field. i mean the colts are a bad rush d, but we still piled it on em today. mark played an efficient game and we capitalized when we needed.

coples devito and wilkerson on the line was a great decision and we might see a lot more of that group going out there. maybin had a good game, demario davis played a lot more and played well. cromartie shouldnt ahve gotten flagged as many times, but overall great game from the secondary. team is looking good these past 2 weeks. worried about next week but i think we can pull out a win if we can stay in rhythm and the run game continues to click. also need coples to build on this weeks performance. he did great minus the penalty. i know we just played a rookie, but theyve been pretty good on offense so to not let them get a td is good.

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

everyone on NFL Network said we were going to lose. we had no advantages over Indy they said. Idiots.

17. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Originally Posted by Diabolical_Jet_Fan

We won because we ran the ball well against of the worst run defenses in the league. We didn't ask much of suckchez, because we all know he cant handle it.

Oh, I'm happy my team one. I'm just calling it like I saw it. Ground and pound is back baby!!!!. Our run defense was dominate. We are back baby..... Watch out NFL. The jets are back!!!!!

18. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

let go of the grudge man. sanchez has proven what i been saying all along. just with a little bit of help from the running game and a TE, sanchez is an elite qb

19. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

We won because the Colts suck balls at defending the run. They were allowing 5.1 ypc. I take this win with a grain of salt because we did what the colts were bad at.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Shonn Greene runs wild like a HoF RB, you know how bad Colts D is.

Now, add Luck's performance that closely resembles ordinary Sanchez days, and the result is what you get. Does not mean a damn thing about how good Jets are. Jets should be grateful that they could get 1 more W, but that's about it.