Who'll have the better year: Orton or Cutler?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Revis Flytrap, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

I'm going with Orton. He's decent--upper mediocre--About Hasselback talent--and could get better.
    No guarentee Cutler gets it done in Chitown. And he better get off to a fast start or he's going to have a helluva lot of pressure on him.

Shit--I wanted to add a poll and didn't get the chance. SOB

2. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Cutler, because KYLE ORTON.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What would you rather have, a turd or a pizza?

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hard to fail from the bench.

5. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

^^ and ^^^--I'm going to pull this shit out next february

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Set your outlook reminder with a link now.

7. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Verdict is still out. As both never done the playoffs, just yet!

8. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Depends what you mean, I think cutler will have more passing yards, probably more TDs, and more INTs, if you mean rating it could be close, wins is hard to say, chicago is the better team now so it depends what the broncos get in the draft.

Orton had a better year last year than I thought looking it up about 3,000 yards 18 TDs 12 INTs. i could see him being closer than expected to Cutler stats wise if Chicago doesn't pick up some better recievers

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'd put my money on Orton at this point. Chicago has plenty of problems, and I don't think QB was in the top 3 among them. Still, McDaniels in Denver is a bit of a wildcard so we will have to wait and see.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Is this thread for real? Cutler without a doubt.

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I think with the Bears defense, they may have the better record.

But I think the Broncos offense will be better than Chicago's. The Bears have a QB who like to air it out and no good receivers to catch the passes.

The Broncos have a QB who will run the offense well, and has alot of guys to throw the ball to.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Orton will be benched by mid season as either Stafford or Sanchez or Freeman takes over for good. Orton is nothing more then a stop gap, Cutler is a franchise QB. I can't believe you asked this as a serious question.

13. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask it, Orton isn't a bad Qb, he was pretty good last year, he's still young, and he was a huge star at Purdue before he got hurt. I don't see the broncos making a pick for a qb this year unless sanchez falls to 12, so with the new offense, and a lot of weapons i could see Orton having a good year. Now he probably isn't going to sling it like Cutler, but he might end up with better percentages and less turnovers, and if the Bears don't make the playoffs I think that makes Orton's season the better one. There is more to a good season than having the most Passing yards.

14. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

What you call a Franchise QB may or may not be true--your "vision" is such that you leave no room for error.

Do you think Denver thought Matt Robinson was a franchise qb when they gave up 2 #1's for him?

Oakland thought Hostetler was their franchise QB

Minn. thought Herschel Walker was worth their entire draft.

Many other examples, as you know. Also, I've watched Orton several times and he's not bad. Very f'in surprising but he is decent. I don't think he's even the favorite to start right now, but I think he'll win the job and prove himself and very well may get 3000 yards--again (I'm taking someone's word for this that he got 3000 last year).

All this said, maybe Cutler is HOF material and Orton leaves the NFL sucking. But the question is not an inane as it appears to you. Jetzz is smart and he thinks its possible Orton outperforms. Why not? Denver may kick ass this year---and the Bear fans are demanding the division now--They may not be a vicious as NY fans but they will let you know when they're pissed. No guarentee Cutler can hack it.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Cutler is not a "franchise QB" yet. Its more like "people are hoping Cutler is a franchise QB". The guy is going to miss Brandan Marshall in a big way. I dont see Cutler fitting in at Chicago. He will probably be lucky to have more TDs then INTs.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Cmon guys, if Orton was so good why in the world would Chicago feel the need to trade 3 picks including to 1st round picks for another QB? Orton is made of glass, can't for the life of him stay healthy, he was hurt in college, his rookie year when he got a chance and last year when he got another chance. He is nothing more then a journeyman QB that probably won't amount to anything other then a backup QB or at best a below average starter.

Cutler on the other hand has everything it takes to be a great one and already is a great QB that will only get better. Chicago is going to win that division with ease now with him at QB and is a serious SB contender.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I think you are not giving Orton quite the credit he deserves. He had a decent season on a team whose offense has little to show for itself. I give credit to the QB in that case.

Cutler, I believe, has a ton of talent. However, he's already proven to be a prima donna type personality, and that is never helpful for a QB. Next, his ability to put a team on his back and carry them is something we haven't had to see from him with the type of running game that Denver always boasts and the assets at WR. It's rather night and day comparing Chicago to Denver. To me, sending Cutler there was the Denver FO's way of saying GFY Cutler. Suck it.

It is an interesting trade though, and it will likely be entertaining to see how things turn out.

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I think if you line the two up side by side with no other variables, hands down Cutler is the guy. However, the question is who will have the better season, and the answer always has to take into account the supporting cast around the players, rather than raw talent and playing ability alone.

As to why Chicago would give up the farm, folks have been asking that for years of other deals that seemed on paper tremendous, and then ended up being busts.

19. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I think Orton will be better, statistically. Behind Denver's line and with Denver's WRs, Orton could look really really good.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It will be an interesting situation for sure. Orton has someweapons, but is not exactly a very good QB. Not the type of guy that strikes fear into opposing defenses to say the least. How much will that affect what the Denver offense does remains to be seen. Not to mention that Denver is goign to be learnign a entire new system this offseason.

Can Cutler play nice in Chi town? He already has a big beef with one of the coaches from his colledge days. Forte gives him a running attck to lean on and Hester is explosive. If they add a good posession reciver in the 2nd that cuold become a very good offeense very quickly