Who will the Jets best player be this season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Apr 7, 2006.

1. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Who do you guys think will be the Jets best player next year?

Overall?
    Offensive?
    Defensive?

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Vilma but it could be anyone we cant say
    Coles mabey or Chris Baker or Ramsey but Houston should not be overlooked (or #4 draft pick)
    Vilma or Ellis if he can pull another good year (or #4 draft pick)

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I'm going to deviate a littl ebit from the obvious answers of Vilma, Ellis and Coles.

Overall: Vilma

Offensive: Martin.
    Going out on a limb here, but I feel like Martin will be pissed about his streak ending and people saying he is done and come back like he did two years ago and won the rushing title. I think he realizes his career is winding down and wants to go out with a bang!

Defensive: Rhodes.
    Obviously I think Vilma will be the best but I wanted to choose someone else. I think Ellis will be hindered with the new switch. I think he will play strong but largely unnoticed because of his position. I think Robertson will be better than expected but not great. I think the rest of the Linebackers will struggle and the corners will be question marks. I think Rhodes can step up his game big time in the new scheme and with the new coaches. I think he could be a Rodney Harrison or Eugene Wilson type of player for us and make huge strides.

4. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Ahh i forgot about rhodes sorry. Also when i said Ramsey i meant not the best but good, same with Houston. I meant good as a development player. Also I think that Robertson will struggle and CMart will do well but will be sharing carries with Houston

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I am hoping that D'Brick is our best offensive player by the end of the year.

On defense I fully expect Vilma and Rhodes to be beasts...

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I think Ellis on defense and a QB on offense, whoever it is that starts. We dont' really have anything on offense though...as you can tell with me picking QB, without even naming one.

7. jetmatt12

jetmatt12 New Member

Overall: Vilma, no question
    Offensive: I'm gona go out on a limb and say chad pennington. Mostly wishful thinking, i know, but if he can make it back out there, strong arm or not, hes still one of the best QBs in the game
    Defensive: Andre Dyson...I love this signing and I hope that, other than Vilma of course, hes going to turn out to be the best athlete on this defense, allowing time for the front 7 to mesh into their new scheme while he shuts down the opponents top WR.

8. Green White North

Green White North New Member

Best

Overall: You have to go with Vilma
    Offensive: C-Mart
    Defensive: I guess it would be silly if I picked anyone other than JV

P.S - How do I change my avatar pic and signature...I've had that up for over a year.

#8 Green White North, Apr 7, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  9. Tight

Tight Active Member

Overral . Coles, I think hes going to come back healthy and show people that he isnt just a "possesion" receiver. Pro Bowl season !

Defense: Who else? You gotta go with J.V, and I dont mean junior varsity expect him to flourish in this New D , despite the talk that hes too small. Hey! Tell Zach thomas hes too small.

Offense: Coles, there no doubt that this Guy is one of the fastest men in the Nfl. Has great hands and plays Way bigger then his size.

* honorable mention . My Dude Jmac expect him to show that he is truly a playmaker and he shouldnt be forgotten because he played injured all last season.

Chad Pennington hes working hard to come back. Hes probably doing pushups right now lol.

#9 Tight, Apr 7, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  10. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

Overall: Vilma (best player on the team)
    Offense: C-Mart (I wouldn't count this guy out)
    Defense: Vilma

11. Buttle

Buttle New Member

I am gonna go with our best player from last year to make a repeat performance, Ben Graham. If not him then maybe James Dearth. All kidding aside Martin, Vilma and Pennington have to be the favorites. Although if we draft Mario Williams he would certainly be a candidate.

12. nyjballandbeer51

nyjballandbeer51 New Member

Offense: Coles, maybe Cotchery will surprise everyone
    Defense: Duh...

13. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Overall - Vilma - He was a stud last year and will be again this year, Pro Bowl all the way.
    Offence - Ben Graham - The offence isnt going to do much this year so Graham is going to have another good year sad to say (not kidding).
    Defence - Vilma - He should do even better this year.

14. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

Offense: Curtis Martin(he WILL be back folks)

Defense: Jon Vilma - whats next? 200 tackles? 5 sacks?

surprise of the year IMO - Justin Miller as a CB

15. freestater

freestater New Member

Vilma- overall
    Vilma- defense
    Vilma- he'll line up at TE for a few games, always on 3rd down, and whip that offence into shape!

16. The U

The U Member

vilma overall
    vilam defense
    coles on offense

17. Jetfan1215

Jetfan1215 New Member

Offense: Curtis Martin, he has been the work horse for years and until i see it stop i gotta go with #28.

Defense: John Vilma, he will be the next Ray Lewis, expect J Vil to a force in the middle for years to come.

Overall: John Vilma, the defense will be better than the O again this season, and he will be the heart and soul of the D, as well as the big playmaker.

18. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Ben Graham:rofl:

19. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

yea he will prolly own moorman this year, and do us all 2 favors, stay on your own homosexual jewish boards, and go play in traffic

20. MyFavoriteMartian28

Best Offensive Player: Tie between Coles (90 rec, 1200 yds, 8 tds) and Martin (250 carries, 1000 yds, 7 tds). Coles has great chemistry with both Chad and Ramsey, its the best thing our offense has going for it. Martin has had an extended rest due to the injury/surgery, he will have fresher legs and will be splitting carries more than he ever used to under Herm... he can still average 4+ yards per carry.

Best Defensive Player (not named Vilma): Hopefully OLB/DE Manny Lawson!!!