Who will knock out New England?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Monty_Droppings, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Monty_Droppings

Monty_Droppings Active Member

This is scaring me now that the Ravens are out.

I don't see either the Colts or the Broncos matching up well against NE.

On the NFC side I would be most confident if Seattle made it. NE matches up better against the Packers/Cowboys/Panthers respectively.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I see the VLT residing in Foxboro this year.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Seehawks...

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Axel3419 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  4. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Seahawks or Packers

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Well they already lost to the Packers so that's obviously possible. Seahawks, yeah, if they're at their peak but their offense is not very good. I don't think Indy or Denver can beat them in Foxboro.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Denver should rent Rex for a game.

8. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

John Idzik, in one of the dumbest GM moves of all-time, let the one of the best CB's goto our arch nemesis and he's the reason why New England is likely going to play in the SB.

It's going to be Sherman vs. Revis in Super Bowl 49.

What in God's Name was Idzik doing, with $20 MM in cap space giving Rex only Dimitri Patterson and rookies/young CBs while NE got the final piece of the puzzle.

9. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Anyone of seattle green bay or Dallas. As long as the pats can't stop the run and have no run offense themselves then they won't be winning a super bowl this year. Forrsett easily ran for 129 yards with a qb who never ever runs himself, how much would lynch and Wilson run on them combined? Brady exploited poor ravens corners last night but he can't do that vs seattle or green bay.
    I would happily back any of the nfc teams against them and would happily back seattle to beat them by 14+ in a superbowl

Axel3419 likes this.
  10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Having a HOF QB is why they are going to be playing in SB. Ignoring the final game which they treated as an exhibition match they only scored less than 20 points on 2 occasions. We scored less than 20 points in 10 games.

There was no point signing Revis for this season - he is not a long term solution and makes sense for the Pats who are a legit SB team every year whilst Brady is there and zero sense for us who have no QB.

Revis was a FA, Idzik didn't trade him to NE or let him go to NE, Revis followed the money.

sackexchange likes this.
  11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Any team has a "chance," but I think Seattle has the best chance. Past that, the Packers have a great chance. I give the Cowboys, Colts, and Broncos a rough estimate 35% chance.

12. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Seahawks (60%)
    Packers (50%)
    Broncos (40%)
    Cowboys (35%)
    Colts (15%)

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The final piece of the puzzle almost single handedly lost the game for the Patriots yesterday.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Pats should beat either Broncos or IND.

Peytons arm is shot, so just press the receivers with your corners and you can feel safe knowing he's not going to beat you overtop consistently. That Denver defense is inconsistent, so you can get the whole team in hole. I don't see the Denver running game being successful because you don't need to worry about Peyton stretching the field like Flacco.

IND just has a bad defense. They might be able to throw on NE, but they will be throwing down 2-3 possessions for most of the game. One dimensional.

The Seahawks, Cowboys, and Packers all matchup better.

sackexchange likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Patriots are going to the SB no doubt. Seattle, Packers, and even the Cowboys can beat the Pats though.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Of all the teams left I'd be most confident in Seattle.

Axel3419 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This is pretty much it. They still have to win the Super Bowl, they will have a challenge any way you slice it. Id favor Seattle, id give New England a slight edge over Green Bay and Dallas but both teams would be fully capable of winning.

I think Seattle would punish the New England offense nearly as well as they shut down that high powered Broncos offense last season. That Broncos offense was similar and dominated with those short passes similar to what New England has been doing. They would shut it down.

18. felker

felker Active Member

On any given Sunday, but Seattle has to be the favorite by far. There is no coming back when you are 14 points down to them.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And im not trying to sound disrespectful, but I dont know if New England could put up more than 20 on em. They are mind boggling good, you will need Wilson to throw a pick in a bad spot or something.

It would be a good game though, I would look forward to it. New England would be an underdog for the first time in awhile (Denver game last year but that game we kinda knew Denver would win only cuz that Pats team overachieved vastly last year).

20. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Pats would lose to any of the NFC teams remaining, although the Seahawks would beat them most decisively. The Denver game next week will be a toss-up. They won't win if they have another defensive performance like yesterday because Denver's D is too good for them to put up 35 again.

Quite frankly, even though the Pats won against their "nemesis," check out the Ravens game logs towards the end of the season and see how often they got to 31 points. That is an extraordinarily troubling performance by the Pats D, which was supposed to be their best D in forever. If Revis makes mistakes like yesterday, whatever supposed advantages they would have from their secondary are lost. And you cannot win going forward running the ball 6 times. And has anyone ever seen a victory formation before the game was wrapped up? Had the Ravens hit that Hail Mary, Belicheck would have committed one of the worst coaching blunders of all-time not realizing that he couldn't run out the clock. For a supposed genius, that was very very stupid.

Jets Esq. likes this.