Who is the more effective Jets Beat Writer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 4, 2019.

?

Who is the most knowledgeable Jets Beat Writer..

1. Manish Mehta

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Rich Cimini

30 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. Brian Costello

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. Steve Serby

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. PodCasts/Twitter Guys

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have 3 guys in mind to choose from and if you guys have others, chime in.. We have Mehta, Cimini and Costello so far.. I'm thinking Cimini seems to have the inside track as far as information is concerned. Mehta is alot of conjecture and afterthought and Costello seems to trend towards Cimini without the insider info..

What do you guys think?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Cimini is probably the most knowledgeable and can be tolerated if he just talks football and leaves out the snarky comments and the soj clickbait shit.

Aero and Big Cat like this.
  3. Petey

Petey Active Member

Of the three, I prefer Costello as Mehta is either fluff pieces or hit pieces, Cimini is usually a dick and Costello is the most balanced.

4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Cimini is probably the most knowledgeable although he is a real dickhead most of the time. Mehta is just a click whore, with no football knowledge whatsoever, who just writes made-up shit to push his own misinformed agendas. Costello is the most balanced, but I think Cimini is a bit more informed and knowledgeable.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  5. Cimini is the most knowledgeable & has the best sources.

Costello is the most reasonable & i think he’ll get better sources as time moves forward.

Mehta is pyro maniac.Fire chaser & fire starter.He also constantly has an agenda likely for sources & the biggest story

Cman68, FJF, Red Menace and 1 other person like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I dont like Cimini as he has an agenda but I do think he has the best sources of any beat writer. He is the best beat writer. He often will give out info between the lines. For example he is the first one to say there was something quite wrong mentally with Mangini during Manginis 1st training camp. While he did not outright say it you could see their were immediate issues by what he said then didn't say. But that being said I trust Cimini even less than Mehta. He will write for drama and to protect the players he likes.

I dont think Mehta is that bad. Some of his podcasts are really good. But, yes he is not trustworthy.

I like Costello. I wish he would write more. He is probably my favorite beat writer.

The guy I dislike the most is Darryl Slater. Click bait articles and the guy knows nothing about football. I have a hard time not reading every jet article I see but I have learned to not click Slater articles or podcasts .

I am going to add John B. In here from Gang Green nation because of the amount of content he produces. I like a lot of things he does but lately he has become pretty jaded and opinated. I used to like him because I found him to be more logical and a decent counter balance to reading forums. Lately, he has been disappointing. I like a lot of the articles Michael Narnia does there as well.

But I think the best analysis I read are some of the pre draft posts by many of the really good posters here. Pre draft posts here usually far out shine all the beat writers and jet bloggers. I would name my favorite posters but I know I would miss 5 or more if I tried to list them.

#6 Noam, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I demand to know why Steve Serby is not on that list! :mad:

KurtTheJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  8. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Mehta is a douche

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I've seen Michael Nanina on Twitter, he's got good stuff.

Can we spin this thread into a Twitter accounts to follow/podcasts to listen to?

Noam likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All I know Mehta is the worst. He jumped on the Darnold bandwagon, so some fans think he has changed, but truly he just has an agenda. Cimini and Costello are good.

11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Podcast/Twitter guys.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Al Iannazzone does a good job at Newsday, always very balanced, sometimes more than a single piece each day. The problem for a lot of you guys is that most of Newsday is paywalled.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This poll desperately needs "None of the Above"

14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Cimini gets there first, and just knows the full story. He doesn't deal in speculation or give his opinion as to what should happen as a know-it-all like Mehta loves to do. When Cimini says something is going to happen, I trust it to be fact and not speculation from an unnamed source. And when something does happen (player gets cut, punished, that sort of thing) Cimini always knows the back story and just prints facts, not drama. Again, like Mehta.

Of course, I get my news from Incarcerated Bob and Luis Tirado Jr :p

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. Cman68

um Jeto.. the least you could do is vote for Serby. He's getting lonely out there with Zero love coming his way... :)

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Serby fits inside a locker just saying

FJF likes this.
  17. Cman68

More like somebody's back pocket.. :)

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Richard Todd tried to stuff him into a locker lololol

Cman68 likes this.
  19. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Remember when Dick got the ESPN gig and everyone was thrilled that we’d be getting a fresh, new voice at DN? Ah those were the days. Who knew the replacement would have us yearning for the old days?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Cimini is a negative prick but the Jets are trash so it's hard to blame him. He's been doing it a long time and at least names his fuckin sources unlike you-know-who.

And then there's those "super fans" on Twitter that are considered insiders based on nothing really. Not sure what makes them experts.

FJF, IIMeanDeanII and Ralebird like this.