Who is Lilly Singh and Why Does She Have a Television Show?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ralebird, May 9, 2020.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I guess it's become my corona routine to watch Jimmy Fallon most nights which then turns into Seth Myers which is then followed by this Lilly Singh person. It seems like she is supposed to be a comedian but I must be missing something or else I'm just timing out of what humor is supposed to be.

Her monologues are laugh-free, she's not attractive and she has an annoying voice. Most of her guests I've never heard of and are not funny either. Am I missing something? Are there really advertisers willing to pay for this?

At least I've found that I can always dig out the remote and switch to five year old reruns of Comics Unleashed.

The Dark Knight and Savatage like this.
  2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I had to google her and I still don't know who the hell she is. Shit, I'm getting old, between the YouTubers, Tik Tok-ers, reality tv "stars", etc, I don't know who the hell is famous and what the hell they're famous for.

"Lilly Singh is a Canadian YouTuber, comedian, talk show host, writer, and actress, who initially gained fame on social media under the pseudonym IISuperwomanII. Born and raised in Scarborough, Ontario, Singh began making YouTube videos in 2010".

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Every single person I have talked to about her has said they don't get how she has a show. I feel bad for her, but she just isn't very good. A Little Late with Lilly Singh replaced Last Call With Carson Daly, which was also terrible.