Who Don't You Want?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 24, 2019.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Everyone has those that they would love for the Jets to take. Now I ask who do you not want. I have a few Q. Williams and I won't feel safe until the 49ers and AZ take him. Ed Oliver also. Successful small/short DT/NT are not my idea of a stout pick. Now everyone is looking for that next Aaron Donald but how often are the Jets at getting that next type.

2. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I want nick bosa , but he wont be there so josh allen or trade down.

3. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Nobody is afraid of a Jenkins/Copeland tandem on the edge and beefing up the 3-4 DL doesn't change that. We need to get a dynamic edge rusher like Bosa, Allen, Burns or Sweat. I do not want to pick yet another 1st round DL, so for me I do not want Williams and Oliver, not at 3 nor in the 1st.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I want to trade down 15 to 20 and get either Burns or Bradbury.

What I would find ideal is a trade down or trade downs that accumulate picks this year and next while allowing us to draft 2 to 3 OL this year. And allow us to invest in a 2nd day TE or WR with both positions having good value this year on day 2 and 3.

#4 Noam, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don’t want anyone that isn’t named Allen.
    I think I am going to be disappointed though. Seems like the board is rating him higher than the teams.

6-10 once again and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I have no problem with Williams, the highest rated player in the draft or Bosa or Allen...what I DON'T want is for our resident moron to trade down to a spot in the draft where he gets just another mediocre player and only picks up a 2 or a future 1 in the process.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am totally against a a NT Oliver (just restate what Boozer just said )

I don't want the same old same old DL pick ...Q Williams

Many teams in the past Coach up their no name defensive lines to pressure QB eg Giants vs Pats..so no need for hyped up draft trap def lineman..a wasted pick

Clearly need an Edge Rusher.must get one..staying at 3, trading down or sideways!

36 hours away from massive disappointment per Mac

8. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I disagree...history shows that if Macc stays at 3, or within the top 6, he will get lucky and a player will drop (I'm thinking Bosa to 3). I think the massive disappointment will start late Friday night in round 3.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No edge rusher?

10. NCJetsfan

I don't want Q. Williams, Ed Oliver or Jonah Williams.

Actually, similar to what FJF said, I don't want anyone not named Josh Allen, Brian Burns or Garrett Bradbury. While I really want Allen, I can live with a trade down, garnering several additional picks this year and next, and taking either Brian Burns or Garrett Bradbury.

tomdeb likes this.
  11. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I don’t want a Defensive tackle. I don’t want to have to deal with Mac saying “ I can’t believe he fell to us”

And I don’t want to deal with other people trying to tell me how great a pick the defensive tackle is. I know what the defensive tackle is. The stats over the course of the last 10 years tell me the very absolute best a defensive tackle can be is 6 sacks a year, I understand they do other things besides sacks but I’m sick of the same old song and dance.

I’m just not interested in a best case scenario of 6 sacks per season across a career.

And the next Aaron Donald things make me even more frustrated. Aaron Donald is generational , his production will very likely never be replicated or repeated.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Trading down is the only option. I don’t want to draft a DT for the 5th time in first rd since 2011 but that is looking like the only option if we stay at 3.

Trade down for a fair package and address positions of need.

ColoradoContrails and tomdeb like this.
  13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Ideal to trade down and get a pass rusher with 1st rd pick and then get a C or OL with 2nd or 3rd pick. All the other picks, a crapshoot or pick BPA

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The only option? That means Bosa/Allen off the Board? Really?

That's prob a typo or else I will throw up If no trade partner

boozer32 likes this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would like Burns in the 15 to 20 range but outside the 1st round there is not much value or depth in edge rushers. But, I would also be happy taking Bradbury in the 15 to 20 range and targeting edge rusher next year hopefully having multiple 1st round picks.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The only good option, yes. Unless you consider drafting another DT for the 5th time since 2011 a good option or passing on the by far best player available to select a far inferior talent at a position of need. I don’t consider either of those options to be good options.

There will be a trade partner, the question is does Mac need a “haul” to move down or will he move down for fair value knowing there really isn’t a good option at 3.

If Bosa is on the board it’s a different story but I think the first two picks are locked in with Murray and Bosa leaving Q Williams as the BPA by a wide margin.

17. NCJetsfan

Next year hasn't been mentioned as being a good year for edge rushers. This is the year to take an edge rusher. If we don't come out of this draft with either Allen or Burns, the draft will be relatively unsuccessful regardless of who else the Jets take. The best GMs draft to the strength of the draft, not the weakness. Drafting to the weakness of a draft out of desperation is not good. This is a weak draft for OL and CBs. I have no problems with the Jets taking a flyer on an OL or CB with the lower 3rd round and/or 4th round picks, but imo our 1st round pick should go to edge rusher and our second pick (whether it's in the 2nd round after a trade down or with our 3a pick) the pick should be a C unless all of the top 3 center prospects are gone.

NYJetsO12, Noam and boozer32 like this.
  18. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic but am I correct in thinking thats next years draft doesn't contain many decent Centres?

19. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

A quick glance of a first round mock for 20202 shows a decent amount of OT prospects In top 15. It doesn’t go beyond first round so don’t know about centers. Much less DL then this year. Better QB’s it seems. And one elite WR prospect In Alabama jerry jeudy.

20. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I like both Williams or Oliver as players, but hate them as fits for the Jets.
    I'm ok with Bosa or Allen at #3.

If neither are available, a trade down to 10-15 would be ideal.
    From there - I'm happy with any of the 8 following guys.

OT:
    Jawaan Taylor
    Jonah Williams

Pass Rushers:
    Brian Burns
    Montez Sweat

CB:
    Greedy Williams

TE:
    T.J. Hockenson

WR:
    D.K. Metcalf