Who do you hate more today, Marino or Brady?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hiker, Dec 22, 2007.

?

Marino or Brady?

1. Marino, that prick!

26 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. Brady, that asshole!

58 vote(s)
    69.0%
  1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I had the thought tonight, while watching Belichick being interviewed at halftime of the Dallas game and trying to keep my dinner down while looking at that ugly fuck, I think my hatred of Brady may be reaching Marino levels. Now in my lifetime, there hasn't been any athl...well, football player, that I hated more than Marino (I really wouldn't want to call him an athlete) I still get the same old feelings every Sunday on the CBS pregame, I just wish I could come through the tv screen and beat the hell out of that prick. On principle.

So anyway, am I just forgetting now how much I hated that bastard, or is Brady really assuming the throne in everybodies' minds? Or maybe he already is the #1 asshole of all time, and I just carry a grudge for too long? I'm really interested to see what the rest of you think.

2. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Brady, without a question.

3. Fakterx

Fakterx New Member

Brady because I didn't grow up watching Marino beat the shit out of the Jets.

4. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I live in Miami, so it's Marino for me. But, it's funny how it seems like the Yanks/redsox rivalry seems like it's crossing over to football.

5. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Definitely Brady as I grew up near the end/after Marino's career

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

shady brady and it's not close

7. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

brady...not old enough to have seen marino when he used to beat the crap out of the jets

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Marino might be my least favorite player of all-time.
    Brady wouldn't even rank in my bottom 10.

9. LockDown

LockDown Member

fuck marino!!

10. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Brady cuz he has actually won something I hate that. Marino won nothing, why should I hate him?

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I've never been one to hate players just because they played well against my team, so while I detest Don Shula for being a cheating (Mud Bowl), arrogant (the whole 1972 Dolphins crap), egotistical (never acknowledging that the Jets deserved to beat the crap out of his Colts in Super Bowl III since they were the better team) asshole, I never really hated Marino. By the same token, and for many of the same reasons, I despise Belichick, but don't hate Brady at all.

Now, if you wanted a situation where I hated both the players and the coach/GM/owner, look no further than Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders.

12. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

True, but the Jets could have won something if it weren't for Marino.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea I kinda feel the same way. I hate Marino for the successes he had against the Jets but really he has nothing anymore. He never won a ring and all of his records are being broken. Over time he'll be basically be forgotten, or at least never looked upon the same way he was around the time of his retirement.

14. boomer

boomer Active Member

I really dont truely hate either one of them. Theyre both class acts and NFL legends. I voted Brady though because of the A hole franchise he is part of.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I really like both of them, I becamae a Jets fan because their is nothing more exciting than the deep passing game. If anything, I hated the Jets for passing on Marino.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I respect the heck out of both as both are top 5 QBs all time but at least we had success against Marino and he wasn't winning SBs so it would have to be Brady.

17. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Brady because he is playing NOW. When Marino is on TV, I can turn the volume off and unless he sets himself on fire, I don't have to deal with him.

18. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Marino by a mile... He's just an arrogant douche to this day... Brady is an easy choice because he's "now"... but when I think about it Marino gets it & it's not even close

19. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Besides Brady beating us its hard not to like the guy..humble, hard working, dates super models, wins a lot of games for a guy who sucked at Michigan. I swear they(Pat's) probably just needed an extra arm in camp and took him in the 6th rd.. I never loved Marino but who was better to watch then that guy with that lightening quick release hitting all the coked up receivers, and Marino sweating like a pig regardless of the weather..Marino was unbelievable and fun to watch..He sucks in the studio on HBO though.

20. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

except there's really no rivalry. we beat them once in the last how many years? they have like 6 straight division titles. the rivalry is between the patriots/colts.