Who do the Jets pick at 13th?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JETFUEL1580, Mar 30, 2023.

1. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Now this is assuming, and let's be honest JD isn't giving up that first round pick, well hopefully. Who do you think we take?

I seen a few mock drafts, and from the looks of it definitely O-Line. Which guy do you do think we take? Names like OT O' Cyrus Torrence from Florida, I've seen OT out of Georgia Broderick Jones, and Daniel Jeremiah has us taking DE Nolan Smith out of Georgia as well.

So my question is in two parts. Who will the Jets choose? and will you be upset if they go either or?

Let's get away from this Aaron Rodgers talk for a sec, and again let's assume JD doesn't, nor should he give away the first pick. This is not gonna get done until the week of the draft, at best I should say. Let's speculate on the actual draft pick.

I personally think we get Broderick Jones. It'll be fun to see how it plays out though.

#1 JETFUEL1580, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    boozer32 likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Nolan Smith is a little light for DE in a 43. He would be a dream OLB in the 34 though.

boozer32 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Agree on Broderick Jones. I'd be surprised if it's not one of the top 3 OTs. Too many questions at OT and too many OL issues last year for a GM who apparently places top priority on the OL.

#3 JetFanInPA, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Trade down for more picks.

Second round is the sweet spot.

5. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

OT or Smith-Njigba. Preferably the latter but I can't see him making 13

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This is where I'm at too. Seems fairly likely we're going to have to give up either 42 or 43 in the deal for Rodgers so I'd love for JD to trade back into the 20's and try to get a 2nd/3rd back in exchange.

Anton Harrison is a fantastic OT prospect that is getting overlooked a little IMO. Feel like he's projected to go towards the end of the first round so he'd be my ideal target in a trade back scenario.

However, to answer the question, if we stay at 13 I think it'll be one of the top 3 OT prospects with my preference being Paris Johnson Jr.

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Trade down would be great too. For a team that's trying to build through the draft, JD has done a lot of trading up and our quantity of picks is starting to feel unpleasantly familiar.. Whether it's at 13 and or elsewhere, I'd like to see more swings with draft picks. There are many positions that can use depth and young players to develop

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd be looking to trade down to the 15, 17 or 24, maybe all 3.

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The obvious choice is OT; Brown is getting old and Bekki was injured the last 2 seasons…. But if Bekki stays healthy and Brown has another season in him/or Mitchell is ready for prime time, that pick doesn’t help THIS year…..

The next option is to trade back, pick up some capital were bound to lose bc of Rodgers… but we want to win THIS year

There is always a chance the Rodgers deal falls thru (AR could change his mind tomorrow), JD would be a fool to not know this and he’s no fool.

People didn’t like when I started pushing for Breece in the 2nd last April, and they’re going to hate who I want the Jets to pick at 13 if he’s available. RB Bijan Robinson.

Breece made ZW look serviceable, BR would do at least the same; we don’t know when BH is going to be 100%. A backfield of BH AND BR would be sick.

IMO this pick subtly lets GB know we’re making other plans - plans that wouldn’t piss off AR.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think we swap picks with GB as part of the Rodgers deal. I think JD has his eye on 2-3 prospects that if they fall to 13 he will give GB a different package for ARod.

JSN and B.Jones I think are probably who he really likes. Bijan too could be the guy he loves.

Bottom line it will come down to draft day

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I wish the Jets could get Paris Johnson but he will be gone for sure. Broderick Jones will probably be the pic. But if he is gone I could see the Jets trading out of pick 13 for a later first and maybe a 3rd. If they can't sign Ben Jones then maybe they target John Michael Schmidt. Center is a pressing spot with McGovern gone

12. KingRoach

I can’t see a team “all in” trading down… if anything, I could see JD trading up a couple spots to get Johnson.

Re: Ben Jones, someone like him signs AFTER the draft. It’s a very very deep class at C.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I always like Br4d posts but in this case just cant look at any trade down with a crucial problem at protecting QBs

FYI everybody you cant run an Offense or score any points with your QB running for for his life sacked or your RB stuffed at LOS

Get that OT fast and get him straight up at 13!...Trade up and do whatever it takes yes

boozer32, JETFUEL1580 and KingRoach like this.
  14. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I have a feeling our guy at 13 will be Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

KingRoach likes this.
  15. KingRoach

I’d love it but am concerned about the hamstring. Hopefully taking off the whole year got him enough rehab.

Which developmental OT do you like on the 3rd/4th; Wanya Morris or Blake Freeland?

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  16. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Blake Freeland easily. But I doubt he makes it that far. I would take JSN at 13 and then take BPA Oline in Rd 2.

17. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I completely agree with this post.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. KingRoach

We could probably take our top IOL then trade back with the other pick to get Blake AND a LB/S.

What do you do at RB since traditionally an ACL takes a season to recover from? Hope for the best or make a splash with Fournette/Other?

19. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Include me on the “trade down”train.

in my opinion we can get a IOL, DT, LB, WR and RB within the first 3 rounds