Who do the Jets have at QB......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuffaloBills06, Oct 14, 2008.

1. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

When Favre hangs it up? I doubt he plays past the 2009 season and then after that who do you guys have? If the Jets dont make it to the Super Bowl this season or next season then the Favre trade was a waste of a pick IMO. Go ahead and bash the Bills fan, but this is a serious question for you guys.

As of right now the Bills have Trent Edwards, Pats have Tom Brady, and the Dolphins have Chad Henne(maybe).....but who are the Jets developing since Clemens will be gone by the time Favre retires?

Important question.....the future competitiveness of your team depends on it since you guys know as well as I do from experience that a very talented team can look not so talented when you have to develop an inexperienced young QB!

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

On one hand you say Favre is almost surely retiring after this year, but on the other you say Clemens will be gone by the time Favre retires. Which is it?

To answer your question we have Clemens, Ratliff, and Ainge as developmental QB's. A lot of us feel that Ratliff has already surpassed Clemens based on training camp and preseason but Clemens is still the #2 on paper.

How is Henne any further along in development than Clemens or Ratliff btw?

I hope you can rest well now that you have this information.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

whoever he is, he won't be starting home games in Canada.

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The organization has 3 excellent candidates already on their roster--last I checked, a team can only play one QB at a time. QB is one area where the jets are in great shape.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not really concerned about it right now. I'm just gonna have fun watching Favre crush your overrated team.

6. Gator

Gator Active Member

Didn't Edwards fall on his head last game?

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This is the thread you want to troll... I mean roll with?? Jets are in nearly the same exact situation they were before they moved Pennington for Favre, only now we get a better QB for a year, maybe two. How do we know what is going to happen in a year or two? Who would have thought that in 2008 we'd have Favre on the roster. One season at a time.

8. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

:rofl: Silly Canadian football fans

9. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

I would take Clemens over Henne any day, but Ratliff is going to be our future QB IMO. Eitherway all will benefit from having Favre here including the fans, as he dominates the "Mighty" Bills. All I know is im glad I dont have to watch another season of CP behind center. I love the guy, but his noodle arm passes... my god.

I have been to every Jets @ Bills game since 02 when Chad Morten returned those two kickoffs to beat you guys in OT and let me tell you, Chad couldnt throw the ball for shit in that wind in Buffalo. He would always throw short out patterns to the sideline which before you knew it were being intercepted by the bills because of his fledgling arm and predictability. Guess what is going to happen when Favre is in town? It sure aint gonna be floating passes just sitting up in the air waiting to be picked.

10. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

The important answer.....right now our QB situation is fantastic which is exactly opposite of the bills current situation.

We have an owner and gm who will have vast money streams and an uncapped yr in the near future with which they can aquire whatever they need while still drafting for the future and manipulating the cap to absorb future hits. The bills have to draft perfectly just to compete and from that standpoint i feel bad for their fans because they will fall by the wayside as the jets build a dynasty with all the cash ownership will be swimming in.

Enjoy this yr, its about as good a chance as your team will have because the owner is cheap and they cant compete financially. :shit:

11. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Ratliff looks good. I would start him over Clemens.

12. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Edwards has been injured and missed games every single season since he started in college. You should be more worried about that.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I feel like this thread was created out of pure fear... anyone else?

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It seems that way. He also just posted and ran - apparently he didn't want the answer.

15. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Now that AFCE fans realize Favre isn't going to fail here, they want to pick on the guys behind him. I guess we all need a hobby.

16. BuffaloBills06

Who has Favre crushed this year? You guys barely beat the Carp and Fitzpatrick led Bungles! You beat the Cards...yes we know, but how many times did they move the ball up and down on you guys in the 1st half only to have butter fingers...I mean Kurt Warner give you the ball back!

Our wins aren't impressive, but our only loss came about because we had....let me think.......Our starting QB(Edwards) getting knocked out of the game due to an illegal hit, our starting CB(McGee) out, our starting FS(Simpson) having to leave the game midway thru the 2nd Q and not returning due to an injury, losing our starting SS(Whitner) for most of the second half due to an injury, and oh yeah....also not having Roscoe Parrish active due to thumb surgery.

Lets see you guys win a game without Favre, Rhodes, Washington, Revis and the bum you guys have starting at SS....that would pretty much equal out to exactly what we lost in the Cards game.....oh yeah we also had to play them in the desert unlike you guys!

Dont worry....you guys "should" get a very healthy Bills team when we meet.....dont worry!

17. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Your guys always get injured because Jauron runs the easiest camp in football. Injuries are a part of the game. I guess it doesn't matter that Boldin didn't play in the game. The Bills probably would have shut him down right? On a side note, I guarantee that the Bills lose to the Cards even with a healthy team. I can't wait to see the ass beating they are going to take this week against SD.

18. BuffaloBills06

You really dont know much about uncapped years right? You do know if you make the playoffs in an uncapped year, you only get to sign like 1 FA.....if you make it to the Super Bowl you dont get to sign any FA's!

19. BuffaloBills06

Kinda like the one you took from the Pats and Chargers right?:eek:hmy:

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ah, I see, you get to make a ton of excuses for your team's play but the Jets have to rest on the end result regardless of what their injury situations were. Let's forget that during most of the other teams' scoring sprees against the Jets, Kris Jenkins was not on the field. Let's forget that Warner was heavily pressured almost every time he 'gave' the Jets the ball back. You are pathetic. Just make sure you're still here to talk some shit in 3 weeks when you've come down to Earth a bit.

Then again, you're already making the injury excuse with that '"should" get a very healthy Bills team' nonsense.