who are the big name players when free agency starts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Blitz4Life, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

hey everybody wats up its been a few years since i visited this message board. I was wondering who these players are that will be on the market. Now i know that we are one of the final 4 and I guess that means we're kinda screwed in that department...but can we still go after "restricted" free agents and who might they be?

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Where've you been Blitz? Wherever it was, welcome back.

There are quite a few threads going into great detail on who we can or can't sign. I don't think there will be any big splashes this year, but I also don't think we need them.

3. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

thanks ukjetsfan...i was just curious about who the jets may be targeting this offseason... I just read my espn magazine (the one with Shaun White on the cover) and it goes into great detail how horrible the 2010 season will be for everybody because of all the negatives that go with the uncapped year. However, the one good thing for the jets is that almost no players are gonna be bouncing around this offseason so pretty much every team will look the same barring any major injuries

#3 Blitz4Life, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I actually like the idea of limited player movement. I heard a comment that rosters have been turning over, on average, around 30% each year since free agency started. I haven't looked deeply into this, but if that is the case it's a shockingly high percentage.

In the modern game it seems like it takes half the season for a team to settle down and get used to playing with all the new players. We've seen what happens when, for instance, an offensive line gets the chance to play together for two complete seasons.

And the obvious downside of free agency is that when you have some success, like the Jets in 2002, your roster can get raided by all the crap teams with money to spend, as the Redskins did to us after that year.

I'd rather hold onto players and let them gel even more in their units, rather than plug in free agents all the time.

But then, I'm hopelessly old-fashioned when it comes to sports!

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Kellen Clemens.

6. jetman6402

jetman6402 New Member

we will have to improve this offseason through superior drafting as we only have picks in rounds 1,2,5,6 and 7. made need to trade down to get 3rd and 4th round picks and sign lower level fa's due to the final 8 rule. I have faith in Rex and Mike :jets:

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Um, no, we have our own picks in rounds 1,2,6 and 7. We also have Philly's 4th round pick.