Which team is worse, the 2012 Jets or the 2010 Broncos?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Both teams were/are terrible, and they had some really crippling injuries. Both team had blowout defeats many times. Both teams Tebow has been on, so to all Tebots, which one is worse?

2. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

2012 Jets is worse. 2010 Broncos had less games being massacred. 2012 Jets is totally hopeless despite they have an elite QB in Sanchez.

3. TSC

TSC New Member

Did you just call Sanchez "elite?"

4. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Broncos blowouts:

Ravens, 17-31 (worse than the score made it look)
    Raiders, 14-59
    Chargers, 14-35
    Cardinals, 13-43

The Jets are a completely different kind of dysfunctional than the Broncos were. The Jets seem like a selfish, loser mentality, finger pointing mess. The Broncos were a giant ball of apathetic sludge. You could feel the apathy oozing from them, while they were playing. Nobody cared to try any more. Defense was just going through the motions. Offense was padding its stats in garbage time. It was truly awful.

It's one thing to get blown out by the Patriots. At least they're a good team, right? We got bitch-smacked by the m'fin Raiders at home. The friggin Raiders. And if that wasn't bad enough, we had our asses handed to us by the Cardinals that same year.

Our defense sucked. Both against the pass and the run. Our special teams were "special". And our offense sucked balls, until it was time to pad stats during garbage time, of course. No run game whatsoever. No heart at all. Ugh...

So yeah... the 2010 Broncos is some of the worst football I've ever watched. This years Jets are bad, even comically so, but they still look better than the Broncos did.

Kinda funny... Sanchez yesterday looked just like Orton panicking with no pressure on him. Orton would only run into his lineman and fall down, though. I don't think he ever did an ass action fumble :)

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I remembered that 2010 Broncos team, the only time the D showed up and played was the Jets game, after that the whole team lacked it in. McDaniels was a terrible and arrogant coach.

6. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Good old McHoodie the Imploder. Some of his greatest hits in Denver:

Thought Matt Cassell was an upgrade over Cutler and tried to swing a deal.

Blew up in his face and was forced to deal Cutler for Orton and a bunch of picks... which were squandered.

Ended up trading 3 picks (two seconds and a third) to get back into the first round to draft Tim Tebust. ...a guy they could have probably had with that third round pick they traded up with.

Traded the first rounder to his second season during his first draft to pick up Alphonso Smith... a smallish corner he dealt away a year later.

Traded Hillis and some picks to Cleveland to trade for Brady Quinn to challenge Orton to a spot... (prior to drafting Tebow a month later.)

Was well on his way to parting company with Champ Bailey until he got fired and was able to reach a deal with Fox and Elway.

Brought in a bunch of Patriot cast offs who didn't pan out.

Let a longsnapper go because he wanted Lonnie Paxton, who was at the same skill level, but more expensive.

Spent the 12th overall pick after passing on Brian Orakpo to get Knowshawn Moreno, who so far looks like a bust. This after it was obvious the defense (ranked dead last the year before) needed overhauled, the offense was #7 in the league the prior year.

Was fired midway through his second season with spygate 2 being the justification for it. (Though let's be honest, he was gone because he sucked ass as a coach.)

Glad he wasn't here to squander the second overall pick on an injured receiver or something.

Overall though, I don't know which is worse. Having sat through the 2010 season the Broncos, I'd find it hard to believe the Jets fans are THAT miserable already with 4 wins and 5 games to go. Expect the Jets to win at least 2 more.

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Say what you want about Tebow, but that Peyton Hillis deal, even though he was a one year wonder, had to be his worst move yet. It can rival the Alphanso Smith deal, trading a next years first for this years second, who does that?

I believe in my heart that Tebow was done a disservice by McDaniels by selecting him in the first round, he should have been a 2nd/3rd round pick, though you have to give props to his agent for creating the NE smokescreen.

All in all, McDaniels lost control of his team, and they packed it in mid season. It will be awhile until he gets another head coaching job. That 59-14 loss to a mediocre Raider team at home was MUCH worse than the Jets blowout to NE. Only difference is that the entire nation saw it.

8. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Yeah. The Hillis trade just pissed me off.

Teams do trade a future first for a high second from time to time. I don't think that was the biggest problem. The problem was that he traded for a high second in a draft for which he was poorly prepared. I could see wheeling and dealing if you're prepared for the draft, but coming in just a few weeks earlier and then throwing picks around like you know what's what is just dumb.

Also... I don't think I've seen a team pack it in so suddenly and decisively as the Broncos did that year. They went from pretty damn good to holy shit bad in the span of two weeks.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

you can't be serious :breakdance:

but I will say the Broncos had far superior receivers, faster LBs and better running backs.... so......

#9 stinkyB, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

The 2010 Broncos were dead last in every defensive category.