Which Game System Will Rule 3 Years Down?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by NYJalltheway, Jul 10, 2007.

?

Which Game System Will Be King in 3 Years?

1. X-Box 360

45.9%
  2. PS3

35.3%
  3. Wii

18.8%
  1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I think it will be pretty close with all 3 to be honest.

2. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

It will definately be close. But I give the nod to the PS3. I only base it on that it came out after the 360, so it's hardware/software (don't bash my respones - I know little about this shit) should be newer, and therefore last longer.

360 may be peaking with the Elite and Halo 3 coming out, whereas PS3 seems to have just taken off with the price drop.

Wii will fall out once everyone gets over the novelty of it and realizes that Nintendo is still aimed too much at children.

3. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Why's this in game threads? I think that if the xbox360 can get their overheating problems, it would be definitely 360. But, the PS3 seems to be letting them get away with it for now, since the price is still much too high for most consumers.

It'll be close

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Game Threads doesn't mean video game threads.

This is where you can start a game thread about any of your 20 favorite teams ATW. :up:

5. The Predator

Anyone watch the Live Microsoft Press Conference last night?

They really had some astonishing numbers and stats regarding their domination of the market.

btw I'm sendind a nasty email to G4 for their absolutely terrible trash coverage of the event, plus I stayed up for two hours pretty much just to see Halo 3 - and G4 cut to commercial in the middle of the trailer. Honestly - WTF?

6. rillo

rillo New Member

Wiiiiiiiiiiii

7. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

After seeing that new Halo 3 trailer theres no denying it that game will move a lotta systems

8. NYJalltheway

:lol: I was probably high or drunk, come on, gimmie a break man

9. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

I'll probably buy a PS3 for a few reasons(Burnout, Final Fantasy, & GTA IV) but I would have to upgrade my TV just to play the system properly.

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd guess the market will probably remain split, I'd doubt that the Wii will simply fall out because it is still much cheaper then the other games, and the way to play it is much more different than the other systems, the only way PS3 has a chance is to get a lot more games out for it because the 360 definitely has the advantage by being in the market a year longer

11. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

My guess:
    1. Wii - You cannot crush this juggernaut when they have the largest demographic to themselves(casual gamers & non-gamers)
    2. PS3 - The price drop helps them in the short run but they will eventually top the 360 without doing much thanks to the blu-ray and a better SKU.
    3. XBox 360 - They started out good but the system failures and bad SKUs will hurt them in the long run. Might as well call it the Halo 360 with how the system is perceived by most people.

Wii by far and PS3 and 360 will be close.

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

The Wii will sell more.

I know many a hardcore gamer thinking the Wii is the best console to have right now. Pfft, im one of them.

13. CuseMO57

CuseMO57 New Member

PS3 will win out once hte price drops. graphics and gameplay are better then the rest and bluray over dvd hd, though wii will still be strong ( i mean come on, have u played it, it's great!)

i think in 5 years sony, microsoft will learn from wii and make a kind of combined system, the graphics with some of hte wii's interactive capabilities, it would seem like hte next logical step

14. The Predator

It actually doesn't make sense to me being the next logical step.

If both Sont and Microsoft make systems similar to the Wii, there will be no diversity in the market, thus it would just even out and everyone would do similar sales.

If only one of them does then it will give the third company (the non-wii-like one) a major advantage as being the only other option.

I think they will stay the same - Nintendo with it's family/child oriented stuff, Playstation with waiting to put in better equipment, and Microsoft making an all around platform that is higher tech than the Nintendo yet outdone by Sony. The video game market is actually in pretty nice unison right now, with everybody getting their share.

**NOTE** That is just my opinion - I am not an economist, nor have any valuable insight into the industry, so don't take me too seriously :up:

15. NYJalltheway

Wow the Wii sure is being dominated so far :rolleyes:

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I didn;t believe it would be the Wii a few months ago but after what I keep hearing, I just don;t see it slowing down...

17. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

3 years from now?

They will have Wii 2 or whatever they decide to call it by then.

18. NYJalltheway

My best friends have 360 and PS3 so I know how they play. The 360 is a cool system but it's nothing special and shouldn't even compete with Wii or PS3. The PS3 is pretty fun and has surprised me. I am beginning to think I want to get one also. Motorstorm owns hardcore :) Wii is Wii. It's the champion thus far.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Am a PS3 fanatic, and I love the system, i own one. However I think the fact the the 360 has been out so long already, as prices start to come down, and it having so many solid games out there allready, (Madden, Gears of War, Halo 3) that now is the time to buy for the average guy, and with 360 being cheaper than PS3 and having a better game selection at the moment, i expect 360 to win out. I personally think the PS3 will be just as good if not better than the 360 in 3 years, but I think the headstart by Xbox gives them the edge, this generation. Hopefully Sony learns from this mistake, puts energy into creating the PS4, or whatever spinoff name they wish to create, out on time, and with a lower price tag. (not lower than the $600 because due to inflation alone, much less what those super computers will be worth then, but lower as compared to the competition.

20. Jets102812

Jets102812 Member

Well I own both I think once ps3 put out more games it will win in the long run. The only problem I have with the ps3 is that online runs like crap alot of lag. Xbox live seems to run alot better online. Well xbox 360 is 50 a year and ps3 online is free that has alot to do with it.