Where is Ware...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jetcane, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

New York Giants' Ware proves special in running role
    by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger Tuesday August 19, 2008, 12:31 AM

Danny Ware said he knows he has to make the Giants roster as a special teams player and that "running back will come later."

Then again, maybe it'll come simultaneously.

Ware had 97 yards on 10 carries in Monday night's 37-34 preseason victory over the Cleveland Browns. But more important -- at least in Ware's mind -- he averaged 39 yards on three kick returns, including a 59-yarder early in the third quarter.

"They kicked the ball to the far left and I saw everybody (on defense) was over toward the side of the field they kicked the ball to," Ware said. "I saw my line had it blocked up and decided to take it where nobody was and got a good little run on it."

Until Browns rookie linebacker Alex Hall came across the field to make the stop.

"Wooooooo," Ware exclaimed when asked about the 6-5 Hall's tackle. "I tried to stiff-arm the dude, but he's so long, he broke it down real quick."

Coach Tom Coughlin was just as quick in his assessment of Ware's performance after the game.

"I've been impressed with Danny Ware, right along, right through camp," Coughlin said. "We'll wait to look at film but I know he had some really fine runs."

[​IMG]

2. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I would say given those starts.

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Gawd, first Ward now this. :/

4. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I liked Ware glad to see he's doing well to bad its not for us though.