Where is the love for Ellis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by red75bronco, Nov 19, 2007.

1. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this talked about, but the Ellis strip, recovery, and run back was the single greatest play yesterday in my opinion. It gave us a chance to win. Great Play!

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Love for the play- not the player.

The guy played his first good game in about 3 years.

How about we see some consistently good play instead of consistently sucky play, over a stretch more than one game, before we try and give this guy free lapdances?

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

It was really nice that he could join the team in time for the Pittsburgh game. He looks to have a bright future.

4. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

give him a break, he has been needing to learn playing in 2 types of defenses since then, this team in actuality is a much better 4-3, than a 3-4, and he is adjusting maybe he has finally got it. if he has a good game next game then its all good, but if he as an average game then its bad huh?

for some reason some players on this team need a lil bit more motivation, curtis martin honored and stuff, maybe it should be curtis martin year next year, and we play like this and win the superbowl for curtis.... imagine that.

5. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Bullshit- he is a veteran player and should be able to adapt. We threw this guy VERY GOOD money in his last contract negotiation and he has not even come close to his prior level of play. Don't chalk it up to the 3-4 because as we've seen, players can adapt and actually show us consistently good play in this scheme, players like Coleman, Harris and Revis come to mind. Ellis hasn't even been getting off the bus when it pulls up to the stadium.

Motivation? Motivation alone should be that you are a starter on an NFL team and that you are grossly overpaid given your present level of play.

Years ago I was one of his staunchest supporters- now, I see him as a lazy vet who's "comfy" in his present position and not really showing much in the way of consistent gameplay.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If Ellis brings that type of play every week I'll be more than happy.

Like Koz said, the hard thing is watching that game and being thrilled, only to not see him show up for another 3 or 4.

7. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I'm with Koz on this........it's about time the guy did something

8. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

we should email this to him, maybe he would wake up, you have a point there, but my thinking is that if he sees us playing well as a unit maybe he will work harder in that game something like what kerry is doing, meaning rhodes plays alot better when the team is playing well, his morale for the season being 2-8 has been shot as well as ellis's i guess.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ellis played OLB for most of the game. At least that's what the announcers were saying. Maybe that's his natural position although he seems a tad slow for that. In any evern he did have a good game and maybe that's why.

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

They did some really interesting things with him yesterday. They actually had him standing up as a quasi linebacker/end. I actually saw him drop into coverage a few times.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's a shame it takes the Jets coaching staff two weeks to come up with a good game plan. The same thing happened last year when we beat NE after our bye week. Maybe if we always played every other week we would go undefeated.

12. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Maybe I should of put Ellis play. I just thought it was a great play.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

A few things:

1.) Koz is correct. With the exception of a game or two or spurts in a game or two Ellis has not been very good.

2.) Ellis started as a 3-4 lineman when he was drafted so he should be intimately familiar with its inner workings not even taking into account this is his second year in Mangini's system.

Lets see how good he is this Thursday.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hey give credit where credit is due. Ellis played a great game yesterday and was a main factor in upsetting the Steelers. It doesn't excuse the fact that he has been a non factor for about 3 years now but he did play a great game yesterday that resulted in a W.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Ellis played like he should yesterday. About time too , now light that same for under cactus' ass. Was he even on the field?