Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 15, 2024 at 1:32 AM.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Admittedly, this thread is a little premature, but I'm trying to think through how the next couple years will look and there are very few good outcomes.

Rodgers comes back next year? Cool.

Who's the coach?

I could see Woody allowing JD to hire another one, which would of course be a mistake. Unfortunately this is probably both the most likely and worst outcome for our long-term future.

Does Woody fire JD and everyone else after this season and start fresh? This is the ideal outcome, but also the least likely given Woody's recent comments about how talented the roster is. Woody is, of course, too dumb to realize that the "talent" on this roster is mostly old, expensive, and in steep decline. We're once again stuck in this weird place where we have a GM and coach mismatch. Our owner is somehow clueless to the fact that the GM hires the coach and thus deserves major blame for poor coaching. And again, we're not nearly as talented a roster as Woody believes.

I just don't see how we have anything approaching a solid, sustainable rebuild within the next 2-3 years. It feels like we're watching a car crash in slow motion and are powerless to stop it. We just have to wait it out, endure the predictable incompetence and carnage, and then hope for the best after.

The nightmare scenario, and the one I think is pretty realistic, is this:

JD stays and hires another coach. We play just well enough next year so no changes are made. Rodgers retires after the season and JD keeps botching drafts before we blow it all up 2-3 years after that. That means we have another 3-4 years of incompetence ahead of us. I hate to say it, but the best thing that could happen to us for the rest of this season might be to perform as badly as possible. It's the only way we might avoid this nightmare scenario.

Can anyone talk me out of this? What's a semi-realistic, optimistic scenario for how the next couple years play out?

#1 REVISion, Oct 15, 2024 at 1:32 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 1:52 AM
  2. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

No where to go dude, long as woodys own this team whatever can go wrong will go wrong. The only thing they did right was not mortgage the future and guarantee a groper 230 million dollars to suck, but that’s probably because Cleveland beat them to it

#2 letsgojets2819, Oct 15, 2024 at 1:37 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 1:55 AM
    REVISion likes this.
  3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bring back Tanny, Rex, Schotty, Petine and bring back the glory days of the New York Jets.

4. The Rexecutioner

Jets are probably the worst organization in football woody Johnson is the stupidest piece of shit ever. We’re fucked.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The correct thing to do is let the season play out and then fire everyone at the end of it. Of course Woody won't do this because he has an IQ of 69.

6. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

what do you expect from a trust fund baby?

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

New GM, new coach = new QB

if they try to saddle a new regime with a 41 year old QB.... I mean no way they would do that. right? come on

this is it for Rodgers, make it work or lets blow this thing up

JetsNation06 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

At what point do we start going full rebuild. I dare to say it, do we trade Quinnen for a couple of firsts if we can?

the good news for the jets is a lot of salary will come free next year if they want. Rogers, Lazard, Mosley? Etc.

The bad news is we won’t be in the running for a top 5 pick, let’s be real, we will some games here.

tough spot. Think our best bet is to try and find another QB teams are moving on from, like how Goff got to Detroit

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If Woody brings JD back - I stopped reading right there. Nothing will change in that scenario. The entire things has to be blown up this offseason. It’s the only chance for the Jets, ever.

I’ve said it here so many times, the only way this franchise turns into anything other than a used blowup doll is if they bring in a proven, winning HC or GM or both.

The other outside shot is to bring in a super successful coordinator/asst coach from another franchise. There’s not as much of a chance in this scenario as in the paragraph above though.

Pete Carroll type would turn this entire franchise around in 2 years. Book it.

The real question is, “Does Woody Jockstrap have the balls to do this?”

10. JetsNation06

This is the only correct answer.

11. JetsNation06

it needs to be blown up. There’s no other way.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Where will we go? Where the Jets always go - round and round in circles making the same mistakes over and over again.

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Olu needs to take over at left tackle.

This may fix many of out offensive problems.

We might want to make some trades now that the coaching change has given us a slightly better idea of which players aren't pulling their weight.

Close game yesterday but we need to stop the losing streak fast if we want any shot of catching the Bills.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The season is over and a total teardown and rebuild is needed. Woody should fire Douglas and then have a fire sale between now and the trade deadline. Get as many draft picks as possible, bottom out the rest of the way this year. There is no foundation here to win with and the longer they keep trying to make it work with this roster, the further down the road they will push the possibility of actually pulling out of this playoff drought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Either the a general manager comes in and looks at it as a roster with some good assets to use on a chess board or a coach has some good pieces to work with.

I can’t remember a talented NFL roster like this that me also so talentless. It’s bizarre.

Our offensive and defense lines are just straight up bad.

16. JetsNation06

The season is completely over. This division is only getting one team in the playoffs and that's the Bills. They will make a quick exit once there as this division is bottom 3 in the NFL this year. Even in a weak ass division the Jets can't finish any better than 2nd when they were supposed to have all the cards lined up once again.

Don't make the same mistakes that Woody Johnson and Joe Douglas have been making for years.

Do not mortgage anymore chance at a future rebuild with dumb, reactive moves.

There is more than enough of a resume on Joe Douglas. His ass should've been canned after last night's embarrassing loss. But Woody needs someone in his camp to stroke his fragile ego. Rodgers should pack it in after this season because he sure as hell ain't winning here.

This thread is not premature at all. In fact, it needs to be discussed now so the Jets can start doing things right for once and get a head start on finding their next HC/GM.

First move, identify the future leader of this franchise to rebuild under. Everything else falls in place from there.

Do the Jets make a big splash or do they keep swimming with bottom feeders? The time is now. They should be looking at every proven commodity out there.

Next time Woody goes to the West Coast it should be to bring Pete Carroll back to NJ on his private jet.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I just don’t think the roster is all that talented at the end of the day. Bottom half in the league at QB, WR2, TE, both lines and safeties.

REVISion and jets_fan like this.
  18. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Agree. Been saying that for awhile. Just haven’t drafted well. Nobody plays besides that sauce class.

19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I can't imagine JD keeping his job. The way to re-build (or I would say re-tool, because I think the jets have plenty of talent) is to fire everyone barring some crazy turnaround this season. In order to attract a quality GM and subsequent HC, you'd need to give them the freedom to move on from Arod and be prepared for a new QB next season. New GM, new coaching staff, and 1st round QB. I'm not sure what the jets cap situation is next year, but they have good young talent and maybe they can add to it with some smart off-season decisions. It'll be an up and down season with a rookie QB but at least they're on the right track.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  20. JetsNation06

A fellow voice of reason. This model has worked throughout the history of the NFL for many decades for different franchises. The Jets need to follow suit.