Where do the Jets go now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 9, 2008.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Let's not kid ourselves 140+ million was spent this year. Never mind we brought in an HOF as our QB. All was in place for the Jets to make a run and here we are at the brink.The Jets could go on a run ala Giants of 07' and win it all.They could also lose the next 3 and take this franchise to pre-Rich Kotite levels of despair.Let's just say as a darksider extrordinaire' we close out the season with 3 losses.Does Favre comeback? Do we even want him back? Looking at Favre's past season I would have to say he's not worth bringing back. This is where it get interesting.Why not clean house all together and bring in Bill Cowher. Woody's not that far away from opening up the new stadium. What better way to draw positive press for your under achieving team then hiring a proven winner of Cowher's ability. So you really want another 3 years of Tangini if the Jets do lose their last 3 games this year. This is one fan that says get out your broom Woody and clean house!

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How do you know the team is under achieving? Maybe they are playing at the top of there skills which means all we have is a bunch of average to below average players which is exactly the way the NYJs have operated for years & years & which is why we have won NOTHING for so many years

3. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

You are barking up the wrong tree with your comments about the current team. I agree with the past teams but this one has the talent. All the talent in the world cannot cover for silly mental mistakes such as penalties and missed assignments.

I saw a report that if you want to stop the short passing game you have to press up front and force the other team to run the ball. Maybe our coaching staff can relay this little tidbit to the players and we can force a team like the 49ers, without their top runningback, to run the ball. Figuring our run defense if pretty sound, this sounds logical.

You have to put the players in the best position to play well.

I believe management has brought in capable players this time around. Now it's up to the coaching staff to make the right calls and the players to eliminate the mental mistakes.

4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

The difference is the Giants didn't have to win 7 in a row to do it. The Giants lost 2 games in between W15-W17 then went on a 4 game win streak. A team from the AFC East will have to win 7 straight, 4 of them in the playoffs not against dogshit teams. Not even close to the same situation and the odds are heavily stacked against NYJ,NE,MIA from going all the way.

5. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Where do we go ? We keep the players we have ... We let Brett do what Brett will do ... IMHO Most likely retire ... We GET a TRUE #1 WR and some help for Rhodes and Revis ... I think we have the making of an above average team ... I still have no faith in the CS ... As someone who has been a Jets fan since 68 ... I've suffered through it all and I have to give the JETS at least kudos for winning in thier only trip to the Super Bowl .... I live in BILLS country and NOTHING shuts up a loud mouth BILLS fan like asking them how many Super Bowls they won ... I always ask .... Do the numbers 1-0 vs 0-4 mean anything to you ....

6. championjets69

If the players are not where they are supposed to be that is shows lack of FB talent. You can believe what ever U want but I would suggest U comb the NYJ roster & really see how much talent we have. For starters try

Barton
    Thomas
    Ellis
    K. Canyon
    Pace
    Brick
    Moore
    Fancea
    Woody
    Baker
    Rhodes
    Elam

I'm sure there are more that I missed but those are some of what I call average to below average players

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Brick, Faneca and Rhodes I'd put above average. The rest I cannot argue with. Add in others like Law, Lowery, Harris, Gholston, Coles and it is still accurate.

8. championjets69

OK no need to quibble about a player here or there

I left Lowry off since he is just starting out

I left VG out for the same reason as Lowry

I left Harris off since he is just returning from a injury & maybe rusty

I left Coles off cause he is a good possession WR

As for Brick he will NEVER be a dominating LT which them makes him average to below average

As for KR his play has dropped off so much U have to think other teams have caught onto him & he in turn has not adjusted to what the other teams are doing

Faneca is also NOT dominating which again drops him to average

#8 championjets69, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  9. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

We have the players, but it's attitude. As much as I hate saying this, when Parcells was here, you know if you didn't play up to his level, you would be sitting on the bench.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Dude, u just lost all ur credibility...Thomas, Pace, Brick, Faneca, Woody Rhodes...they are average at best??? Gimme a break man, Thomas is the leading AFC rusher. Pace, Brick and Rhodes are yet to reach their prime, getting there though. Faneca? Do u need any explanation? Woody? He's old and probably one of the better lineman in the league at the age he's playing at...You missed Coles and Cotch as avg. players. At the best, they'd be above avg., but not great.

Im just glad u didn't mention Jenkins, Revis and Harris in there.

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Thomas is Bryan Thomas, not Thomas Jones.

12. championjets69

B. Thomas one of our LBers

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Im not too keen of him actually. I had him in my bust list with one good yr.

14. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

They already went to NJ.

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Here... 2007 = 4-12 season. 2008 = 8-5 (possibly 9, 10, 11 wins) and possible playoff birth or even division champioinship. We are right there in it so before you leap to your death, slit your wrists, or start the car and close the garage door how about we wait and see how it all ends first, eh? :wink:

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And next season? Well, if we win the division, we will probably have the most difficult schedule in the entire league in 2009. I doubt Favre is coming back, so if this team is going to make some noise, it's got to be this year.

Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC North (1st place? Pitt)

Away: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC West (1st place? Denver)

#16 abyzmul, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Could be another 4-12 season. It would be nice if Favre plays one more year for us, but it is anyones guess what he will end up doing.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think if we make the playoffs and go fairly far, Favre will come back next year. I thnk if we get bounced out by losing in the next couple of weeks or losing to Miami for the title then Favre will bow out.

If we win the next 2 and so does Miami and we have to play Miami for the title and lose; it will be one of the most humiliating defeats in Jets history given the predictabity of how a defense should play Chad Pennington; load the box, stop the short pass and run and make Pennington beat you deep.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't fool yourselves, guys, I like Brett Favre, but I doubt he wants to go out looking like a chump, and that's probably how he'd end up looking against a tough schedule like that. If we don't win the SB this year, he's going to be looking at getting into football shape at 39 years old against some of the toughest defenses in the entire league in his upcoming schedule. I can't imagine he's coming back.

20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Maybe Chad will come back in the offseason if LC begs him to.