What's wrong with this country

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HomeoftheJets, Jun 25, 2020.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Does fitter count?

It's turd sandwich vs giant douche. But hands down Biden seems to be more fit IMO. Even if he had less mental capacity than Trump, which i disagree with, he's not the narcissist Trump is by a long shot. That to me is what makes trump dangerous.

HomeoftheJets and Acad23 like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Has there ever been such a shitty choice for President?

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Just wait til 2024

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Are we still gonna be a Federal Republic?

JackBower likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It was funnier when it was ISIS.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Do you want to bring Hillary back?

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is she out of jail?

9. HerndonFan

HerndonFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Winner take all system as @Same DarnOld Jets pointed out. With ranked choice voting, there's no way Trump wins the nomination. Third parties would have a fighting chance in certain parts of the country.

Same DarnOld Jets likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You’re not supposed to accept their nonsense and nobody is saying otherwise. Are they?

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The question is not about why crime is bad, the question is about why it's going up. Anybody who is capable of reading for content could understand that.

I suppose that's a consequence of jumping into the middle of someone else's conversation.

12. Ralebird

Is Times Square exempt from the protections of the Constitution?

13. Ralebird

I really don't know but have to believe that COVID inspired cabin fever may have something to do with it. In Texas and Arizona people are swarming the bars, in NY and other big cities they're making up for lost time in the streets.

Why the NYPD disbanded the Anti-Crime Task Force is a puzzle to me. Are they simply admitting they cannot keep the cops on that detail under control? It's a prime example of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm sure all the anti-police rhetoric of the past month along with chopping off the NYPD's balls by the governor and mayor had nothing to do with it.

You're really dense sometimes, RB.

15. Ralebird

You're always dense.

Rhetoric has never caused an incidence of jaywalking; even you can do better that that.

Precisely what did the mayor and governor do? Do you believe that the governor has any power over a city's police department?

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Rhetoric and protests in the streets are influencing policy and budget cuts as we speak. If you choose to ignore that, then that's your right.

The governor pushed and signed the current NYC bail reform program that puts people who get arrested right back on the street. Let's critically think here. If I can beat the shit out of someone and walk out of jail on the same day with a court date, I might not be that worried if I do it again.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/woman...ewish-women-arrested-again-day-after-release/

https://nypost.com/2020/06/17/brute...bronx-woman-has-been-arrested-over-100-times/

Do you think the disbandment of the anti-crime unit has anything to do with the current anti-police atmosphere or no?

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So these criminals adhered to stay-at-home orders but went bat shit crazy (w/guns) once the orders were lifted?

Ok... that's one way to look at it.
    Good thing bullets don't carry covid... :confused:

19. Ralebird

Talk is cheap, rhetoric is free - it has zero affect on budgeting. It also causes no crime. Budget cuts at this point are simply more rhetoric. Bail reform was long overdue; the legislation to put it in place has problems which are being corrected, many simply by people in the judicial system just doing their jobs properly. How many criminals focused on in these and earlier Post articles were let out just because they were charged wrong?

Regarding the Anti-Crime unit, I just don't know and I really don't care if you want to make it a binary question, things are not that simple no matter how convenient that would make it for you. It seemed to be awfully quick between the time it was closed and the time things went crazy. It may have been that and it may have just been an extension of the "anything goes" attitude that resulted in the riots. Maybe the punks were too busy shopping to take care of personal issues until now and maybe some of those issues developed over who had the right to do what when the shit hit the fan. It's probably a mixture of a lot of things, but it was certainly not the noise form talking heads.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Lol I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure all the gangs, mafia, drug cartels, etc. were social distancing and staying locked down. I think some crimes may have seen a downturn in the early onset because there were simply less people to assault and rob and what not but it's not like criminals were just being good obedient Americans too.