What worries me

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stagman, May 15, 2019.

1. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

Are the rumors that are surfacing about Gase not being happy about the price tags for Bell and Mosley. How do you expect these players to buy in on your project?

twown likes this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Bell already said in Twitter, and I’m paraphrasing here, “Fuck the bullshit, I’m here to win football games.”

They’re getting paid what they’re getting paid, what Gase thinks about it doesn’t matter anymore.

NYJetsO12, FJF, NYJFan10 and 3 others like this.
  3. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Its a business and this stuff happens all the time he never said he didn’t want the players he thought Mac paid to much and he did. These guys got paid and he’s going to use them to their best ability and they get paid. The bottom line is this if we sign the guys from the eagles and nfl draft we will finally have all the guys from the top down to the bottom are all on the same page when was the last time that happened her? Parcels? Rex-idzick was a disaster and Bowles-Mac hardly talked so let’s see what happens

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

At this point... as a fan... what doesn’t bother you? If we listed the shit wrong with this franchise we’d run out of ink before we ran out of things that are wrong.

Been watching this team since Richard Todd was QB. Fucking A...is running a franchise really THAT hard?

We’re walking into a giant shit show & we haven’t even hiked a football yet.

God help us.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I disagree

It matters because guaranteed money plus animosity from the organization is a recipe for fucking disaster

You think Bell gonna play beast mode for Gase if his hammy is sore? You think these players are robots?

No, they are human. They are affected whether positive or negative by this.

I think negative since they got the big BAG..

6. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

What shit show? We will have a NEW Gm by OTAS. And new player personnel guy who all believe in gaces vision. And obviously the johnsons believe in gace too.

7. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

What animosity this is all unknown sources he said she said stuff he didn’t. Want to over pay for guys the guys got what they wanted so yeah they won’t play now

8. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

If we started the season 1-7, 2-6 and then fired him, I would of been ok with it.

9. Faux machine

I agree with you to a certain degree. However if Bell phones it in and doesn’t go beast mode, every single one of his critics is gonna point the I Told You So Finger at him. For better or worse, I don’t think his ego will let that happen.

Maybe I’m wrong and it becomes fuck Gase, let’s try and get him fired. I don’t think that’s realistic though.

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This is amazing to see, at the end of the day, he just left an organization based on the primary reasoning of feeling unwanted and the worth of his services wasn't ideal for him by an organization he gave a lot towards.

I applaud him for taking the high road but I can't imagine that shit feels good, I would speculate that this could be a potential issue in the future as well. That doesn't bode well for one of your primary pickups in FA and it speaks volumes on the character of the man who is supposed to be the leader of this team. It's disgusting in all actuality.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

There’s a big difference between “thinks we paid too much” and “didn’t want at all”. As long as Gase thinks Bell and Moseley are good players then we’re fine.

And we did pay too much for Moseley.

12. Longsuffering88

I
    I prat you’re right

But he got paid

He “could” mail it in and that’s that

He truly does have life changing money in hand

13. Faux machine

So much of this is based on rumors, if Gase was arguing get a damn center before you get a RB, we need that money elsewhere, ect.... I can understand him not wanting the price tag. It does help that this is all a money discussion not a personal thing. Business is business.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Seems like a HC complaining about how much his GM is spending is like a GM complaining about what plays his HC is running.

15. IIMeanDeanII

It still doesn't change the perception of a guy who is known for these types of "leaks". A true leader, man, and mature human being, wouldn't allow his emotions and feelings to be thrown around willy nilly in such a way that could potentially hurt the players and organization. This is careless, and moronic when you really think on the level of what his stature is in relation to this organization and team. It's unprofessional in every sense.

If this was the first circulated rumor that has come at the expense of Gase, I would have a little more room for speculation, but a trend usually leads to a source, and that trend has been out in the open since his time in Miami at the very least. It's a bad look all the way around and to me, is an indication on things to come from this clown.

The guy hasn't even seen one snap yet and we are already looking at this type of shit show. It's absurd. You would think a guy, given a second chance, would learn a thing or two. It doesn't appear that is the case.

It's even more alarming to me because this fucking guy wasted zero time to send off Lee for peanuts. Which is a strong indicator that he made a power play and he is wasting no time in taking advantage of that.

It's bad. I could keep going, it's looking real bad.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  16. Faux machine

I’m not a fan of Gase, like I said in the FO options thread, I don’t think we hire a GM. I think Gase has enough rope to hang himself and if he doesn’t go .500, he’s fired and we reset. I could be wrong but if Johnson did a “deep dive” into the organization and fired Mac, he knows that Gase is a problem too.

17. IIMeanDeanII

I just maintain at this point.

The real problem is the Johnson Bro's. Until they sell the team, this team will never win a SB.

18. Faux machine

I dunno if we’ll win a SB while they own the team. I can agree it won’t be because of them, but in spite of them.

19. Longsuffering88

This is fine to “us”

But these players are not “us”

For better or worse I think they need to feel wanted and motivated

Not saying it’s right

But perception becomes reality

Bell is now going to have to answer 1,000,000 questions about this

Can’t be good especially if he has a slow start or nagging injury

20. Longsuffering88

Well said