What will a 2-0 start mean for Jets this year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 12, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I know it is a tall task. I know both Bills and 49ers are great teams expected to win their divisions but I say we have a shot. We need a few things break our way for this to happen.

Greg Williams laid the foundation for a great defense last year and this year Joe D is adding some nice pieces to defensive backfield. Mosley will be back yada yada yada.

On offense Joe D has kept his promise and rebuilt the Offensive Line entirely, Darnold is for the first time starting a new year with the same coaches and he has 2 years of experience under his belt, And Joe D will probably add a few nice WR’s to the mix before season starts,

So folks I say 2-0 is a possibility. What do you think this will mean for Jets in 2020?

JetBlue, chandler and themorey like this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I don't see this happening but I would love it. It would mean a lot of different things.
    1. GW and the defense built off of what they did last year.
    2. Sam has put it together and his weapons stepped up. Most likely Periman finally put it together as well and Mims is what we hope he is. Herndon is also a big X Factor.
    3. Means our o line is truly improved and giving Sam the time he needs.
    4. It means either Gase learned how to coach or Sam is change the calls at the line.
    5. Mann is the real deal.

Brook! likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Since when are the Bills a great team?

The Dark Knight and FJF like this.
  4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

They aren't great, but outside the QB and SS positions they have a better more proven team than us. I think Allen is just Tebow 2.0 but the wr, oline, rb, dline, edge rush, corner, etc is more proven.

5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

With the Bills we always got a shot, its a division rival and we were so close week 1 last year.

For the Niners perhaps losing Buckner and Breida hurts them just enough in the early part of the season that they don't look quite as good as last year. Maybe they will be jetlagged and shitting bricks when they see the sea of 80,000 fans in green jerseys screaming at the top of their lungs for Quinnen to flatten Jimmy G...maybe then we got a shot or at least we can hope.

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Um, ain’t nobody gonna be screaming at the top of their lungs. In fact, no fans will be there.

7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I feel are biggest enemy is going to be lack of playing as a unit. OL needs to playing time together before they reach there potential as well as Sam & the WR's. One thing we do have going for us is the defense is in year 2 of GW system. 49rs & Bills have experience playing together more than the Jets not to mention they are better teams than we are. If we start 2 & 0 I will be ecstatic. Those two defenses will be a real test for our OL, & our offense in general. I would feel good if we start 2 & 2 this year. I do feel we can beat the Bills in our second match up with them. I expect us to be playing much better after a few games experience together.

#7 BudJet, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I expect the Jets to beat the Bills. The 49ers are a more difficult proposition.

2-0 would mean nearly a decade of losing is likely over. That would be huge.

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

0-2 and 1-1 are about equally likely. 2-0 would be very surprising.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  10. UK jet

UK jet Member

2-0 would be great because we then have a seriously good chance of 4-0 with colts and broncos in wk 3 and 4
    Then we'll be in dreamland
    But I think a start of 1-1 is more than good enough

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Superbowl bound

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  12. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I love the optimism @Brook! As others have mentioned there are several factors working against that particularly against beating the 49ers imo. But maybe, just maybe, they experience the post SB loss down year and we're able to sneak one out. I think we'll have to run the ball a lot to beat them so we keep the pressure off our inexperienced line against their pass rush. On D we'll need to stop their run and force Jimmy G-spot to beat us. All we need is a chance.

Brook! likes this.
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. The Bills are a better team. The game is in OP and unlike last year they won't be playing their backups (who the Jets barely beat BTW) and will actually try to win the game. It was a glorified preseason game for them. A big advantage for them is the majority of their team is returning in year 4 of McDermott. Their players know the systems and schemes they run. The Jets have a revamped OL that wont have practice time as their is no OTA's, rookie camp, mini-camp. Who knows about training camp. With so little practice time it will be hard for the Jets OL to get a rhythm. Hoping for 2-0, 1-1 would be nice, but 0-2 is most likely.

14. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

There not but its opening day, in their place, fans and the Bills amped up, loud, will be a tough game. Good part is the game hopefully is played in nice weather taking away a bit of a home field advantage.

Same should help us a week later for our home opener. MetLife will be rocking, fans pumped, especially if we come in 1-0. Will be interesting to see if the 49rs come into 2020 hell bent on erasing blowing the SB or do they come in hung over from the loss, especially early in the season

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Bills QB is a very athletic player with poor mental acuity under stress. I will never expect a Jet's team with a decent QB to lose to him.

Brook! likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the only thing I think it represents is a pipe dream. The Jets might beat the Bills, but I see no way short of half the Niners team being sidelined with Covid-19 that the Jets could beat them. We aren't even in the same galaxy talent-wise or coaching wise.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don't take my dreams away from me NC. :)

That said, I didn't say we will start 2-0. I asked what it would mean if we were to start 2-0. @Br4d laid it out perfectly.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is it a trick question?

They'll go into game three with two wins on the board and a 2-0 record ;)

stinkyB, Brook! and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If they are 2-0, they are 2-0 I don't think it'll do much more other then that.

WarriorRB28 likes this.
  20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . Jets go 2-0 and I'll get you that "Love in a Goat World" DVD you said you wanted.
    . .. .
    "And @Brooke! makes three...!"
    [​IMG]

#20 joe, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Brook! likes this.