What position do you guys think is the most over- rated?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I think CB is. What do you guys think?

2. GreenMachine

3. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

:rofl:

Dude how is CB overrated? Your nuts. And by what means do you mean "Overrated"? By the way... your threads are terrible... well... most of them.

:Bunker:rable rable rable rable :Bunker:

4. parafly

parafly New Member

I agree, it's the worst one. Much better from behind or with her on top.

5. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

Gotta be RB

6. Martin is the man

Over rated i would say QB without a good o-line Payton would have gotton his sh*t rocked and he would have never done anything, People make it sound like if you have a good QB and thats all your team will be great, there is alot more than that, also who is he going to throw to. Underrated i would say FB and TE. These guys are asked to block most often to the play side and they are also asked to get the tough yards and make the tough catches.

7. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl2:

8. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

TE, you don't need a great one, or even a good one, but if you have you can change the game. All the other positions are necessary, TE can be phased in or out of an offense.

9. jetsaholic10

jetsaholic10 Member

Yup but if you got a girl that doesn't work it, missionary is the way to go lol

10. 1028

1028 Active Member

Tight end, fullback, and safety

11. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

Where I do agree with the TE, I cant say the same for the fullback or safety.

The fullbacks main job is to pick up blockers to prevent the pass rush as well as clearing the way for the running back. Without a fullback, your RB would get nothing from the backfield. Teams create mismatches to allow the fullback to shoot the running gap and pick up the open MLB or ILB. If the RB can get through the line, his only threat should be the OLB, which in most cases is trying to contain and is not near the middle of the field, or the CB and Saftey. Obviously this doesn't always happen, but in theory, it's supposed to. Also, if you have a good RB FB relationship, your RB will be able to anticipate his FB's move before he does it, allowing him to cut in the neccessary direction. Bottom line, a good FB is a neccessity to a productive RB.

As far as the S, you need someone back there to pick up the deep threat and add added protection when your CB gets burned.

TE, theres another story. Hmmm, he adds an optional reciever, but mainly acts as a blocker. Yeah, my vote would be the TE

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

QB because people act like if you dont have a pro-bowl QB your team will go 0-16 or something.....

imo you only need an avg qb to win it (hence big ben)

13. xBleedingGreen62x

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think you are crazy if you think that. In many cases they are the quickest and most agile players on the field. Tell me how they are overrated. In order to be overrated you need to be a player that is given alot of significance but truly does not contribute much to the outcome of the game on a regular basis. However, because every team has a somewhat different gameplan, one position could be overrated for one team and extremely important for another. In the case of the jets I am going to say TE, but that would be entirely different for a team like the Chargers.

If I had to pick one position that I think is overrated to speak for the whole NFL, I would have to go with FB.

15. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I know this is a cop out answer, but what positions are overrated depend on the system you run.

16. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I would have to RB. Have a good oline and it's virtually plug and play at the RB position a la Denver.

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

NT - all you need is a BIG FAT WIDE BODY to plug the middle and you have a good NT

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

haha so true.

flip her over an give her a good donkey punch! TERRY TATE STYLE! :up:

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the game is won in the trenches, Chris Hovan and La'Roi Glover can even play NT. (thats technique and tenacity over size) plus a Big Fat Wide Body doesnt mean youve got the strength or acceleration off the ball to take on two blockers.

a good NT is the reason LB's make highlight plays. also the reason the rest of the d-line can get favorable one on ones to create pressure in the passing game

i see your point but thats an argument that only flies with HS ball or maybe a really bad OL

20. Ramseyfan

Ramseyfan New Member

There are a couple of on-going studies on this question. I ran across one on a websearch which indicated that the glamor positions QB and WR are overpaid in the NFL (looking for a correlation to wins).

PKs and DTs were underpaid.