What players are toxic to this team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xxedge72x, Oct 31, 2014.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

So a lot of us have been justifiably looking at the management of this team and possible solutions there... What I wanted to raise was what players do you consider to be toxic to this team and should be removed this upcoming off season in the spirit of addition by subtraction?

These players don't necessarily have to be bad players, though they could be... But they have to bring a negative intangible to the team that is hurting the team.

My votes:
    Willie Colon - Top of my list because he's a "leader" who is constantly hurting the team.
    Chris Johnson
    Geno Smith
    Michael Vick
    Calvin Pace
    Kyle Wilson

I also really want to say Muhammad Wilkerson... He's too good to just get rid of... But, if I were a GM I don't know if I'm shelling out JJ Watt type money to him. Mario Williams was allowed to walk from the Texans, so I think there is precedent there if the jets decided to use their cap room elsewhere.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Mo is a home grown talent and team leader. Don't let the idiocy of the recent threads we've had detract you. You don't get rid of humble, hardworking, homegrown, ELITE talent.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Obviously Percy.

Ima usin Tapatalkie.

TNJet likes this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

As far as bad locker room presence go?

Sounds like Chris Johnson is a bad apple. I cant think of anyone else who could be described as toxic to the lockerroom.

As far as toxic on the field? Thats a much longer list.

- Everyone but the DLine, Amaro, Decker, Mangold.

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

None of the above. Colon said only positive things about Geno which is smart. Pace too. You might have a case for Chris Johnson who is primarily into the "me only" kind of attitude when his team is 1-7. This isn't about play on the field it's mostly about off the field. If the stuff they say is true about Wilk then he's not exactly a shining example of what a team player is supposed to be all about. This is the team's downest time in years so you are obviously looking for some leadership. I'm not seeing much of anything coming from the head coach.

7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Mo wont sniff anything close to what JJ Watt got. And rightfully so.

I wouldn't even give him what the dude from Tampa just got.

As for the question CJ is obviously one. It starts and ends with Geno though. If he did his job a locker room could rally around a good QB. Even on tough days you know you have a guy under center that will give you a chance to win your next game.

And I've always though Sheldon is a little more of a baby compared to Mo Wilk. Just the way Sheldon talks to media about when he fucks up gives me a bad feeling about him. Maybe Im just nitpicking on that though.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Add David Harris to that list. He's not toxic in terms of his personality or anything, however his play is toxic. He's too slow and we need another dynamic playmaker at LB. I agree with your list for the most part. I would add Harris and Walls too. And a few more that I can't think of at the moment. The Jets should clean house this offseason from all the guys who can no longer really help them.

freemantoon and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

The toxicity of a series of events going back all the way to 1995 still haunts this team. I am of course referring to the player who in 12 games recorded only 1 assisted tackle. His contribution still can be felt throughout the organization. Of course I am referring to Chad Cascadden. How I wish we could fully remove his influence from the Jets.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Hell, he'd lead the team this year. Sign this beast.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The correct answer is "none".

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Geno's not a leader esp on the field. His problems off the field like missing a meeting the day before a game the team says are no big deal but you keep hearing rumors that it was. The other problems like the sexting (2 Jets Qbs) and the incident on the airplane show a lack of basic intelligence.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If one person did a halfway decent job instead of the shit show we get instead, the locker room would be just fine.

That person of course is Smith.

14. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

In terms of the locker room, no one. In terms of horseshit play on the field, too many to name

NYJetsO12, slimjasi and JetsNation06 like this.
  15. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I'm more worried about the toxic play of this team. I doubt Mo and Pace, two defensive leaders are a negative impact in the locker room. The trouble makers weed themselves out once their play no longer backs up their me first mentality.

16. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Can you explain to me how Calvin Pace is toxic to the team? I can at least see an argument for all of the others even if I disagree on some, but Calvin Pace? What?

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't think there are any "turds" at the moment within the locker room - they may lack talent but attitude isn't the problem this time around.

18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I agree. It Idzik. I'm no longer calling him a GM he hasn't done shit to earn that title.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Colon, Johnson, and Pace I agree on. All 3 are or have been relied on heavily and simply can't deliver. Colon should go to the bench and Pace should lose snaps like Johnson has.

Wilson and Geno stink but neither player is really relied upon all that much anymore. Wilson plays about 25 snaps a game and with what we have at corner he's fine in that role for the remainder of this year. And Geno is now a backup.

Vick is what he is but he's the best we have to offer right now at the position, doesn't appear to be a problem in the locker room, and is fine to finish the season with (assuming he can stay healthy which is unlikely).

I couldn't disagree more on Wilkerson, the guy is a beast. He's not JJ Watt but he is towards the top of that next tier of players who rank below him. I'd be outraged if the Jets let him walk.

I think David Harris is pretty toxic to this team as well simply because he isn't very good

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Brian Winters and his horrible blocking.

Maybe our starting RT as well.