What is wrong with the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Patriot, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Living in New England I have not been able to watch many Jet games this year. Maybe this is good since I would be totally depressed. I saw many red flags and I may be repeating some things you already have heard, but here goes.

1. The Patriot defense is notorious for letting teams march down to the red zone and not giving up big pass plays. Why on earth are the Jets throwing deep balls against this defense on 3rd down and short yardage?

2. The Jets defense is not designed for sacking the QB. Ok, why did it allow the Pats to run all over it? Your front 7 is definitely overrated. Why was there no pressure coming from the middle?

3. The management of the play clock on this game was so bad I don't even know where to start.

4. The Jets were giving McCown time to throw in the beginning of the game, yet you couldn't take advantage of a weak Patriot defense.

5. The Patriot's defense weakest point is slow Linebackers who can't cover anyone. Why was not this exploited?

6. When the Patriots finally started to blitz in the 2nd half, why could the Jets not pick this up over and over again? These were not exotic blitzes, just simple 5 man LB blitzes. Are you kidding me?

The real problem with the Jets is not talent, but stupidity! I am not saying they should have won the game, but the Patriots could have been beaten. Otherwise, a much closer game was possible. The coaching staff is not to smart, and when a football novice like me can see this, your opponents can see this. Having all the 1st round draft choices is not going to help if you have stupid people managing this team!

egelband, Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson

LarryAlRalph and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

1. Ownership

2. Ownership

3. Ownership

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Ownership and coaching.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

1 playmaker on the whole team.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

The tank is on baby!

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You don't need playmakers, it's clearly Owner and CS, who is our lone playmaker? I didn't think we had any, that show up week in and out.

8. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Jets fans have agreed for years that we generally suck. But until now, we've never actually wondered why. We've never discussed it. It never even occurred to us.

Can we talk about these problems? Are we even allowed to??

This awesome new thread says, YES.

FJF likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good Post Pat..and let me be tha first to say it..

Belichek is the Nuclear Engineer of football while Bowles is failing HS Algebra ...lmao

Tied at halftime ..but the "adjustments" by TB versus Lombardi BB is just not on the same page

Meanwhile the Jets Owner is cavorting at TG Dinner with ageless hottie Liz Hurley who hasn't had a movie gig in years and uses him (like a many others ) for $ and publicity...just great

Brook! and Patriot like this.
  10. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

The better question is what is right with the jets?

stinkyB, NYJetsO12 and Patriot like this.
  11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

It took the Jets until their final offensive series to go into the hurry up offense. They did not seem to be any urgency to their play once they got behind. Even if you attempted to be purposefully incompetent, it would be difficult to surpass the Jets at this point. A very sad excuse for an organization.

Patriot and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Good teams make the hurry-up look so easy. They have good players, good systems, good coaches, experience, chemistry, timing, etc, etc.

Our hurry-up is like a weak boxer suddenly switching to southpaw for the first time in his life against the heavyweight champ. Maybe this will surprise him! Uh-huh.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So our HC and his assistants suck... No headlines here. We all knew that years ago. Our GM was handpicked by his mentor and the Jets were stupid enough to go with that choice. What's wrong with the Jets? Just look at who's making the decisions on and off the field for your answer.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not to be snarky Patriot, but you're late to the dance on this. We've been hammering on this point for weeks (some of us for a few seasons). Bowles should've been fired at the end of last season. Instead he was extended! So the immediate problem is that Bowles sucks, but the bigger, systemic problem is that the ownership sucks even worse. As long as the Johnson Boys own this team the odds of catching lightning in a bottle is greater than them being able to hire the right people to turn the Jets into winners. It's a depressing a time to be a Jets fan as I can ever recall in 55+ years of following them.

tomdeb, NCJetsfan and egelband like this.
  15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I've been snark-shamed. :(

:D

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wait a second, @Patriot. Are you telling us the Jets Coaching staff sucks? Whoa!

Brook!, Cman68, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I still don't understand how a self-proclaimed Patriots fan gives two shits about the Jets and is a "fan of both teams". If the Patriots all got food poisoning from spoiled clam chowder, I'd stuff my face with Parker House rolls. Just sayin'.

AJW and K'OB like this.
  18. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Team quit on Toilet a long time ago.

19. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

McCarthy as coach? What do you guys think?

Patriot likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a definite upgrade...