What is the ultimate goal of a franchise?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by _Jet_, Oct 28, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

What is the ultimate goal of a NFL franchise?
    Certainly it's not about ticket sale, not about revenue, not about money, not about inspiration, not about fan support, not about winning games, not about make suckers like us happy. I think it's about having a passer who can give you best chance to win in practice, who has the perfect mechanics 4.25+ inches above waist, wave 25' behind shoulder, release at the highest point possible and also two feet on ground followup. If we can have that, nothing else matters. So far so good, we are blessed.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Making money, it as simple as that. That is because the NFL is an entertainment business. Even the Mara family wants to make money. Franchise are an investment.

3. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

How about making money PLUS winning a Superbowl? Sane reason people own racehorses - to make money and win the Triple Crown ... or at least the Derby.

And for the stud fees, of course :) Unless you're Cigar.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I know where you are going with this...

It's like back several years ago when the Tea Party took over politics. You had a small minority driving the political machine. Well, the NFL's version of the Tea Party is the Anti-Tebow crowd. People want to see Tebow start, but the Anti-Tebow crowd scares the shit out of GMs and owners. Do the Jags really have more faith in Gabbert than the Jets have in Tebow? No. It's just that Gabbert doesn't come with any pressure. If you switch to Tebow and lose... ZOMGBBQPIZZA.

5. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

ZOMGBBQPIZZA? LOL! But I think Tebow's fans are like the small Tea Party while the anti-Tebows occupy Wall Street Hahaha

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

"We are in the media business" - Woody Johnson

7. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Your posts are getting more hilarious, and more desperate, every week that Tebow continues to ride pine behind a pretty terrible Sanchez.

You and your cult will continue to blame the rest of the league for not giving Tebow a fair shake, and those that know Tebow sucks will continue to laugh at you, because lets be honest, that shit is funny.

The 'anti-Tebow' crowd, as you call us (I would prefer realist, personally) doesn't scare GMs, or owners, or coaches. What scares them is utter lack of quarterbacking talent that Tim Tebow would potentially bring to their team, and the idiotic overhaul that they would have to give their offense to cater to someone who is absent of very basic quarterbacking skills.

Edit:

:lol:

#7 phaytal, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  8. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Maybe the Jets could get Brady Quinn before the deadline. I think he might be available again.

9. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Maybe they're worried about Tebow fanatics chasing them with torches and pitchforks or slashing their tires if they don't start the 46% passer.

I would bet if anything, more GMs are more afraid of Tebow zealots than they are of the anti-Tebows. If he were HALF as good as you guys seem to think he is, they'd be starting him at QB, winning games, not caring WHAT people think.

Sorry to break it to you, but he just ain't that good.

Yeah, they won't play the three and out king and 46% passer because they care too much about what anti-Tebows think...

You guys are getting more and more hilarious each day. You can't make this stuff up!!! I LOVE these guys!!! :rofl:

#9 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 29, 2012
  10. Potzer

Potzer New Member

You typed this.

It is the most foolish thing I've ever read in respect to Tebow. That's saying a lot.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Obviously it was a figure of speech.

You're absolutely right. Tebow fanatics are actually level headed people who never call people names, never get nasty towards those that think he's not all that great, and never attack a franchise for not going all in and restructuring their offenses to fit his game.

you know, I was here 5 minutes and after explaining why he wasn't that great, someone suggested snuffing me out with a pillow.

12. Potzer

Potzer New Member

[​IMG]

I'm not them.

The closest I've gotten to what you've suggested is attacking the play-calling the Bronco's used last year.

Go talk to this guy on twitter. http://t.co/Vjlsb4V3

Leave us alone if you're not going to add anything besides venom.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This right here

14. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

This basically. Most of their money is from television broadcasting, which is split between the franchises, including the bad ones like Jacksonville. The NFL always hype certain teams or players to boost viewer interest, thereby boosting ratings. The higher the ratings, the more the NFL profits.

15. Concerned_Citizen

Most of my posts were mostly about what happens on the field, and some with the media... which is what most fans do on a message board.

Most of the "venom" is toward those who have attacked me for it. Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't make that wrong.

16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Nope Crennel just named him starter when/if healthy even after a 2/4 for 1 yard, 1 int, 1 fumble left with a concussion game in the 1st qtr game.....

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly there was a reason why Brady Quinn was passed over in Denver for Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn I don't think can play in the league.

18. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Careful, there is a veiled Tebow compliment in there ><

19. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

It is America and Americans love to be entertained. So, making $ is the true goal. There are many different ways to "entertain" audiences. You can be the Hero or the villain. That said, you usually need to win to be relevant. Unless you are the Jets; then you try to make headlines anyway you can. This was the true reason for the Tebow trade; if you can't see this then you should be reading brail!

#19 RochesterJet, Oct 29, 2012
  20. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

1) Make $$$$$ (Tickets, Merchandise, TV, etc.)

2) Win (Which increases everything mentioned above)