What is Bill Belichicks deal with hating the Jets so much?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Again he didnt have to sign here.when he initially took the HC job he knew the conditions surrounding Parcells coming on board.That was right off the bat. Did almighty Bill not have any other job prospects? Im having a hard time understanding how this is the Jets fault.He.Did.not.have.to.come.here.

He was well compensated as a coordinator here & was promised the HC job when Tuna stepped down w a hefty signing bonus on top of it all.The jets were forthright,trusting,generous & true to their word EVEN through a change in ownership!!

So please explain to me how the jets exactly screwed him over.Dont sign on the dotted line & more over dont take the team’s dirty $ if they insulted you so much & you didnt wanna be here.

We can agree to disagree but this one hurts coming from you.You dont have to live here so you dont understand.This patriots disease that has been a dark cloud over football all together.Its bad enough hearing homers justify everything bellicheat has done..but to hear it from a fellow jet fan i respect? Yeah.Lets just agree to disagree.

Somewhere down the line jet fans lost their fight.Making excuses for a cheating bullly who has done nothing but shit all over our team every chance he gets..i just cant relate to that on any level.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that my response hurt you. That was not my intent. I DID live there and lived through that time, so I do understand. I could be wrong, but it sounds as if your response is similar to many other Jets fans that I have known and been friends with. That is that they're jealous because they believe that if BB had stayed here that we would have had all that success, not NE. So, they're responding like a jilted lover. Is that possible? If so, I can certainly understand that. I think that you're too close to the situation, too subjective, and thinking with your heart, not with your rational mind as you usually do so well.

Yeah, we probably would have been disgusted with his cheating, some of the other things that he has said and done, and may have even come to wish that he hadn't stayed or even here, but I think that many, if not most, Jets fans wouldn't have cared about what BB was like as a person or that he cheated as long as we won and the team was very successful. I do think that if BP had never become the Jets' HC or even if BP was not hired as GM, and complete control was given to BB, that he would have stayed and the team been very successful, and he would still be our HC. I think if BP was never hired as HC, that there's a very good chance that BB would have drafted Peyton Manning and the Jets would have won multiple SBs.

I urge you to re-read Jetophile's posts. She hates BB, but is factual and objective in her comments about how the situation unfolded.

3. I know damn well what went down into 1997 & beyond. It was covered to the point of nauseum locally bc the Patriots were in the process of screwing over the city of Hartford to stay in foxboro 2 years after we lost the whalers.You wanna make excuses for kraft & tell me im somehow jealous about that too?

Im not jealous about anything.If it smells like shit..its shit.Bellicheat had his reasons to leave..so be it.its a 2 way street just like anything else.But if he felt so wronged dont come here.If the jets were so dirty..dont keep their signing bonus after you leave them at the alter.

But for him to hold this silly grudge & cheat against us..yet somehow turning US into the villain..im sorry..i hate his guts.and every jet fan should feel the same. Im tired of this jerk being validated by the media for being an underhanded,crooked ego maniac that holds petty grudges. Why is that so hard to identify & stand behind? This guy is the scum of the earth. Someone like you who holds integrity & ethics in high regard..are you really willing to let the bottom
    Line & winning trump 20 years of bulllshit at the expense of the team you root for?

#23 KurtTheJetsFan, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I agree the Jets didn't screw BB over. I also don't think BB screwed the Jets over. He made a decision based on what was best for him professionally. The Jets got compensated with a draft pick.

The bonus Hess paid him in no way guaranteed that Woody wouldn't fire BB, extend him or let him dangle until his contract ran out. It's possible that the new owner might well try and get Parcells to stay on for another year or even move in a completely different direction.

BB made a professional decision for himself. He's wasn't the property of the NY Jets and the Jets settled rather than fight the battle.

Dan Snyder bought the Redskins and promised to retain Charley Casserly and let him go. Being promised the HC gig from Hess isn't the same as being promised the job by Hess when Hess doesn't own the Jets.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

He taught Mangini everything he knows, which is why he knew. Belicheat's arrogance told him that Mangini would never finger him because it was some kind of unwritten rule that you don't F people who helped you up the ladder. He was wrong. The funny part is - and I mentioned this before - Belicheat was warned by Goodell officially on NFL stationary that he was aware of the practice (other teams had complained, hence the letter), that it was against the rules, and told him to knock it off. Belicheat, recalcitrant egomaniac that he is, considered himself untouchable so he didn't knock it off. The rest is history, and Mangini turned tail years later and said he never should've alerted anyone. Yes, you sure the fck should have, you back-pedaling wimp. He's just trying to talk himself back into a relevant coaching job after being considered radioactive and somewhat of a pariah. I'm still glad he did it.

Mangini just wanted to win, and beat Belicheat at his own game even though the Jets didn't win. Basically when Mangini alerted security - according to him - he just thought security would take the camera away and that it would die on the vine, that it really wasn't a big deal and had no idea it would escalate to the level it did. Surprise, Bill! Anyway, Mangini says he's full of regret. I'm not. The best part about it - the funniest part, actually - is that the Cheats fan base vilified Mangini for snitching but completely glossed over the cheating. I heard through the grapevine that they are still glossing it over to this day . . .

6. Ive never held bellicheat leaving against him except for the manner he did it w the napkin & the whole bit.

Even keeping the bonus i can look past except that he continues to hold a grudge & throw around insults to this day.If he hated this organization so much even after the change in ownership Dont be tacky & keep the bonus for a job you never wanted.

No Fly Zone likes this.
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

FYP ;)

8. That whole “rats” game was such an insult..and the national media refused to acknowledge how much of an insult & how backwards the whole thing was.

Patriot fans go to great lengths to try & rationalize it.And to their credit.it works.I & others used to argue w them around here all the time.Whats the point anymore?they play stupid.Make excuses.Deflect.Insult your intelligence.Make death threats(you read right). In their eyes winning trumps all..and unfortunately it does.The bad guys have been winning since 2002.

9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Same here. What I don't get is the continued hatred for an organization that has been bottom of the barrel for most of his tenure with the Cheatriots. If the jets were a contender year in and year out I can understand but not this bottom feeding team, it's awful HC and clueless owner. The best thing he can do is just ignore the Jets and save his hatred for the Steelers, Colts, Chiefs, Chargers etc.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. jetophile

For @Biggs:

https://hesstoytruck.com/

Yep, I was correct, the entire retail gas station part of Hess Oil has been completely bought out, but they're still in business big time. Fun read in the Hess Story tab. A friend of mine calls Leon Hess Jiminy Cricket. The most fitting nick-name ever based on appearance, haha. I can't see Leon Hess' face without making the association. Damn it.

11. jetophile

Death threats over the Cheats cheating? LMFAO. I believe you, though. That's like that show 'My Weird Obsession' or something like that (whatever it's called). The show where people eat weird shit like memory foam, white out, magic markers, rocks, sniff mothballs uncontrollably, and fall in love with inanimate objects.

12. I dont normally tell stories from this timeframe but this is how crazy they are.

The Macolm Butler Super Bowl happens. Very next morning im due for a med supply delivery at 8 am. Dude shows up 6 AM(a no no given the circumstances of the overnight treatment the very supplies were for).

So i open the garage door and he screams as loud as he can “How bout them Patriots?!” Waking up some of my neighbors in the process. He was a loudmouth patriot fan who delivered to me a few times before..I give him some crap about deflategate & being cheaters sign his tab & hes on his way.Cept my wife was pissed & called supplier to complain..

Very next day i get an eerie direct tweet to my twitter account “patriots cheat huh? Im gonna rip all your f’ng tubes out & drop your cyclervonto your chest”

13. jetophile

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. I would've called the police on him. What a sicko.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

BB never was the Jets Head Coach other than as a tool for stealing Bill Parcells from the Pats.

The Jets didn't allow BB leave. That's not what happened. BB resigned and the Jets forced the league to prevent him from negotiating a contract with any NFL team. The Pats were forced to start to look elsewhere for a head coach and actually did. The Jets, BB and the Pats reached a deal. The Jets were compensated with a first round pick a settlement was reached between both sides.

If I had a contract with an owner to be head coach and never actually was the head coach I would not be all that happy with having that contract roll over to a new owner I didn't know. If the new owner tried to block me from working in my profession I would hold a grudge. Who the hell is Woody Johnson to prevent BB from working in the NFL as a head coach? Owners fire head coaches under contract all the time.

The Jets screwed Kraft in the deal to get Parcells. BB was tooled by Hess and Parcells. Kraft got even and BB got out from under Parcells. I get why BB hates the Jets. They tried to prevent him from working as a head coach in the NFL unless it was for the NY Jets.

Woody Johnson lawyered up and lost. He bought a football team and never talked to the football guy.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It was worth paying an extra .10 a gallon if you had to go, to go to a Hess Station.

https://foursquare.com/v/hess-gas-station/4bd0e6fb046076b04e017171

#35 Biggs, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

1. Jetophile your story is missing an important part that you seemed to overlook like many Jet Patriot haters. The Patriots were interested in Belichick and sent a fax requesting permission to speak to him. Immediately after that fax, Parcells resigned as head coach to block the Patriots from hiring Belichick. That is what pissed off Belichick the most.

2. Just like the Jets who tampered with Parcells, the Pats already had a deal with Belichick giving him complete reign. Something he was never going to have with the Jets.

3. Had the Jets not pursued Parcells, and stuck with Belichick I bet we would be hearing from you how great a coach he is and what cheating?

4. When Parcells and Belichick were last interviewed and seemed to have made peace, neither man wanted anything to do with the Jets, why?

17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Well its easy to see why we've been irrelevant for decades. This organization never learns.

18. jetophile

Somewhere in the middle lies the truth. I love puns.