What irriatates you about Mangini?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 23, 2008.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

What get's your temper going in regards to our HC? For me it's his dispassioned press confrences after a loss. Especially a loss like last Sunday. This team has destiny in it's hands and threw it away. All I get out of Mangini is his unemotional response of "The team practiced well,the coaches coached"
    He should have been ripping mad ala Denny Cook mad. You know "they were who we thought they were". Instead I'm hearing his nasal monotone voice. I could have sworn it was my old philospy professor. :grin: I got news for him if he talks like that in meetings he's already lost this team.:mad:

2. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

he's fat, and probably cannot see his own balls, oh wait, he has none.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

lack of balls

The latest sign of this malady was on the opening drive in Seattle. Mangini went the field goal route because he said he expected a tight game.

A tight game? WTF? Why would you expect a tight game against the injury-wrecked Seahawks?

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

umm thats denny green not cook.but anyway everytime i hear "gameplan specific"i want to kick him in his head

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He would be the way I coached on prozac... i'm not a quiet dude on the sidelines... i've been to a championship due to my endless fire and brimstone attitude and leadership. I lost the championship because the other team was that damn good. But we weren't a pussy team.

I've called this team a pussy all year.

6. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

lack of testicles, lack of gameplanning, lack of halftime adjustments, lack of testicles, lack of emotion, lack of killer instinct, lack of testicles..

7. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

Half time adjustments, or total lack thereof. If it isn't working, how about trying a different approach in the second half. Or if it is working, dont abandon it.

8. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

Mangini's so far behind on testicles, he owes 3 sets.

9. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

lack of talking to the players during the game. can i see a quick meeting of the minds between mangini,shotty and favre JUST ONCE!!!

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Playing down to the level of competition and losing to shit bag teams instead of putting the throttle full speed every week. Losing 3 of 4 after starting 8-3 enrages me.

11. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

gum chewing, never a second half adjustment, which is followed by more vigorous gum chewing

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I hate to call you out, but you have not been critical of this team all year. In fact, after the Denver game, when some of us saw what was coming and expressed our concern with the team's horrible performance, you criticized us for whining and said the Jets would be the 3 seed and that we should worry more about Pittsburgh than the Pats. In fact, you were downright nasty and condescending. Well, you can take your foot out of your mouth now. Those of us who have been rooting for this team for decades knew that you don't celebrate in November or ignore a game that should be a win against a lesser opponent.

You were wrong then and you are wrong now by claiming that you have been down on this team all year.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

go look at week 2 comments made by me, and if we could look at sig history, the "New York Pussy Jets" signature line was there right after that New England game. I took it down because the sacks were piling up.

I got a little happy after the Denver game thinking it was a fluke.

I was critical during weeks 2-9. Saying that Sutton still blew and the defense wasn't what I would like it to be, I got grilled for being critical after winning sundays. After the Pats and Tennessee wins, I got optimistic.

Yes, post-Denver I saw it as a bad game and for everyone to calm down. I was wrong, the Jets proved to mess up more following that game to the present day.

Have I been a total darksider or sunshiner?? No, I was hoping to change the mentality amongst Jet fans. That's a pipe dream.

I've called Sutton a pussy all year too. If the week after Denver is the only place where I was inconsistent, my bad. I thought that was a fluke game.

14. southjerseyjets

southjerseyjets New Member

I still think Eric can and and will be a good HC. If anything irritates me is his inability to adjust in the second half. Hrem was a great motivator but lacked the x' and o's.

Don't forget Belisuck was rotten in Cleveland and Coughlin was 75% out the door with the Giants. We went from trying to build a team to trying to buy a team. Taking a chance on an old QB like Brett was taking a big shot at the championship, and for what ?

A year it looks like, seems to me Brett id done. I liked Chad but agreed with the move after it was made. To be honest I think Favre and Jenkins are hurting. What I think is bullshit is that some of you rate him by his press conferences. Who gives a f*ck about that. Is he don't tell you what you want to hear, he chews gum..haha. Lets try a new DC first and give the guy another year. I still think we could get lucky and get that playoff spot, granted, the team has been miserable the last four weeks. But that only means we are do for a big game.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't know about that.

Bud Carson ruined the Browns in 1990. They went 3-13 that year (their first losing record since 1984).
    The Browns were mediocre from 1991-93. Belichick did turn around the team by year 4 and got them into the playoffs.
    The following year was the team's final year in Cleveland and the team had no shot to win with all the controversy swirling around it.
    I actually thought Belichick was good in Cleveland and that he showed he could be a fine head coach again.

16. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark. :wink:

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I hate the fact he could not get this team with talent to beat teams with no talent. Too many bad losses.

18. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Core Values

I'm fucking sick of his core value shit.

19. southjerseyjets

southjerseyjets New Member

But Mangini got us into the playoffs in his first year, and can still get us in this year. Why doesn't Mangini get the chance to get two more years then?
    He inherited an awful team as well..Herm went running away to KC.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I hate how encouraging year one was. I was a full believer in 'Mangenious'. Turns out he isn't an X's and O's coach at all.... He's a f***** moron.