What happens to Rosen?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jedi mind tricks, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

With WSH and the Giants drafting QBs I'm legit scared this kid ends up in NE.
    hoping Denver snatches him. Miami might be content to tank... Just don't see where he goes

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

He is going to end up with the Chargers to take over for Rivers.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think the Cardinals GM completely screwed up. I think he ends up on Miami for either a 2nd or a 3rd. The Cardinals GM told everyone Rosen wasn't for sale up until the draft last night. They had the first pick, they should have known they were taking KM for at least a month and made Rosen available. I think the Giants, Washington and Miami called them in the last few weeks and the Cardinals said they weren't trading him. They made other plans, that simple

I think they were trying to get a bundle for the 1st pick and it didn't happen. They overplayed their hand badly. Say what you want about Mac but at least he shopped the pick and took BPA. If he mishandled the first pick this badly it would have been a riot around here.

Murray may end up being a great pick but the draft capital that was blown last year and this year is unforgivable.

Freddy Mondo, JetBlue, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Murray is the next Mayfield, nobody will even remember that the Cardinals didn't get good value for Rosen.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Miami.... preventative measures for Fitzpatrick doing just enough to spoil their Tank for Tua

Sam Hammer likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Mayfield had one mediocre year on a stacked team. Mayfield on the Cardinals last year would be in rehab.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

The Browns are stacked this year but they weren't last year. And for a rookie Mayfield was really good. Anyway if you don't like Mayfield then read my post as "If Murray is a franchise QB..."

Noam likes this.
  8. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

we gonna give one of our 3rds for rosen and have a qb competition camp.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Mayfield was good. He was also wildly inconsistent. He had a stacked team last year compared to ever other rookie with the exception of Jackson. Rosen was supposed to sit last year behind Bradford. Rosen for as crappy as a year as he had, was actually better than Bradford. The Cardinals were a dumpster fire last year. They fired the starting QB, didn't bench him cut him during the season, fired the OC early in the season, moved an inexperienced QB coach and made him OC, in the season, had the worst OL and most injured line in the NFL last season. Had a rookie receiver starting to develop with Rosen break his foot during the season. Larry Fitz was hobbled early and hung around but he was getting zero separation. There TE situation was another dumpster fire. Even David Johnson, who is a terrific back had a horrible year behind that line.

Murray has a lot of great physical capability. There is no question the ball explodes out of him and he's quick as a cat. He's also really small, has only 1 good year in college. He's not Baker he might be closer to Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson came out of college a 4 year starter with a degree. I believe he even has a masters degree. He ran a pro-set at a big 10 school where teams actually played D. He's one of the smartest men in the entire league and he's the kind of person who looks comfortable being in the spotlight. He came onto a team that was loaded and was asked to do very little.

I think Murray is going into a tough spot.

Murray has great potential to be a great player. He also has very high bust potential in the NFL or worse injury potential.

The big knock on Rosen was attitude and injury history. Rosen took an absolute beating last year and stood up to it. He's the first guy in the building and last one out. I have no clue based on last year if he could be a franchise QB. I do know he went to the absolute worst situation in the league.

Kingsbury is the key. If the Cardinals organization doesn't turn it around very fast Murray is going to be in a terrible situation.

The best thing that happened to Baker is he didn't start and the Browns upgraded the coaching around him in a hurry when they were forced to go to him and they had a very good group of talented players around him.

10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I don't get what Arizona was doing either. The excuse that they were trying to drum up interest for someone to trade up to 1 makes no sense. If they wanted to drum up interest, say, we are open to trading the pick. Not saying we are taking Murray.

Now they have lost all leverage with Rosen. He will likely not report to camp to force a trade and that drives his price down even further. Totally crazy move by Cardinals.

Sam Hammer and stinkyB like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

Rosen unfollowed the Cards on Twitter (and Instagram too).

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

oooooh..... social media drama. what's next "status no longer "in a relationship"?! SMH

NY Jets68, FJF and Red Menace like this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I keep hearing that Arizona is discussing trading him with Miami. I don't understand what the Cardinals are doing. If the goal was to draft Murray, they should have traded Rosen before the draft. Now nobody has any firsts left this year and most of their potential trading partners have their QBs. They won't get anything good for him and lose tons of value. Murray isn't any better than Rosen as a prospect.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

What happened to Rosen is that he is not a legit NFL QB, and never will be.
    He's a complete statue in the pocket, cannot extend plays, and has a shit attitude to boot.
    That doesn't cut it in the NFL.

I'm on record since before last year's draft that he's less agile than Eli, less likeable than Cutler, and that he wouldn't be one of the top 3 QB's taken.
    The Cards no longer want him, and apparently other teams are not very interested either.

I don't know why this board in particular seems to keep holding a candle for him.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  15. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Looks like he is going to the Dolphins. Three sophomore qbs vs. Brady in the AFC East. Good move for them. No money so if he doesn't prove to be the guy they cut him and can draft someone next year. He proves he is the guy the AFC East will have three young qbs for awhile. Would be fun.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They don't know what they're doing either. Apparently Miami wants a late pick and Rosen for the 2. Deal sounds like it's close. I can see the Cardinals screwing it up by trying to get more out of the Bengals.

17. HomeoftheJets

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He's on a rookie contract and the Cardinals have picked up a good chunk of his pro-rated bonus. If he pans out is an amazing deal from a cap point of view.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah, Miami is getting a steal here. Rosen was in a horrible situation last year.

CotcheryFan and stinkyB like this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Please let that be true!

lol the guys that want increased sack numbers will be pleased.