What defensive player...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by bucknasty, Feb 24, 2014.

1. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Would have to be available that would make you feel good about going defense in the first round. Personally If some how Mack slipped or if Pryor was there I couldn't complain about those picks.

WR is deep there will be talent in rounds 2 and 3

2. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

Probably Clinton-Dix or one of the top LBs. I don't think we have a large need for any other position on defense unless they want to get Cromartie's replacement in the higher rounds. I'd be pretty disgruntled with another CB. I'm completely disregarding the possibility of drafting another DE, unless Clowney falls down to the Jets because he smacked his grandma around or something of the sort.

3. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Another CB sure but a free safety is different. When was the last time the Jets addressed that position and put it to rest (same could be said about WR). I think Pyror would help this defense tremendously. Big physical safety that can play the run and the pass.

4. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

You're right, I completely forgot about the safety position. Hopefully they get someone for FS so they can put Allen at SS for good and not have him out of position.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Clowney or Mack

6. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

IF we address WR in free agency, and in the 2nd round then I would be happy with Kony Ealy or Dee Ford

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If it ain't Clowney or Mack - I want nothing to do with them on the 18

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Mack or Ford.

9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Dee Ford Piano Man, CJ Mosley, Anthony Barr

Only thing that gets to me about Calvin Pryor is he looks like he'll be flagged for a lot of penalties for hits..it's his style but he is fierce and would probably be worth taking

10. Ealy, Barr, Mack or Pryor.

-Mosley was rumored to be a high injury risk due to a prior knee injury
    -Ford has a herniated disc issue
    - Clinton Dix is extremely overrated & isnt the coverage safety this team needs

11. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

I agree but I think He's a Rex guy and he could get the most out of his aggressiveness. Also if you ever get a chance to watch his tape he always seems to be around the ball when it's thrown. I think they'll cut down the big plays over the top with him at 18

12. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Mack, Clowney, Barr, Ealy and Ford. In that order.
    For anyone who said Ha-ha Clinton Dix ---- you're out of your mind (for the reason that KurtTheJetsFan specified).

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm a huge Kony Ealy fan. As much as I like him, I doubt the Jets would draft another Front 7 defensive player.

Mack & Barr are my 2 favorite defensive players in this draft, they're going to be long gone at #18.

#13 WW85, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  14. Yeah at this stage its safe to assume the jets pick at 18 is anyones guess.

I have a funny feeling they may go OL.It was clear as day that geno performed much better when he had a clean windshield.I also think both Rex & Idzik believe in winning up front.Depending on who is available its a philosophy thatd make some sense.

As for Ealy...edge rusher has been a long time need.We'd easily have the biggest & longest edge defenders in the nfl

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Just because this is a deep draft for WRs doesn't automatically mean the Jets will get a chance to draft that talent in the 2nd or 3rd round. With the way the WRs are performing at the Combine and with projections I'm seeing, 5-6 WRs could go in the top 20 or so picks. If you read the scouting reports on some of those lower-rated WRs, they don't sound so great. I'd sure hate for the Jets to miss out on adding a top WR talent in this draft because they thought, well we can always get one later there are so many in the draft. I'd be perfectly happy if their first two draft picks were WRs.

For me to be happy with the Jets drafting a defensive player at #18 it would have to be one of Barr, Mack, Ford or Mosley. For me to be ok with it and not gripe, if not one of the four just mentioned, it would have to be Ealy, Gilbert or Pryor. I don't think there's another single defensive player that I wouldn't wind up being really pissed about at #18. If none of their top WRs, TEs, OTs, or the D players I mentioned aren't there, then I hope they can trade down.

16. 2 more guys Id add: Justin Gilbert & Darqueze Dennard

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Clowney, Mack and then Barr (no chance at any).