What a Pathetic QB and Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 27, 2020.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Allow a a team that has almost no offensive starters come back from a 20 point deficit--

The QB (Darnold) does nothing to win games except hand the ball off and throw the ball behind wide open receivers. He isn't able to win games PERIOD.

The head coach is socially awkward with no people skills, who's obsessed with fulfilling odd goals like letting the one players who likes him reach a career milestone.

This is the most embarrassed I've been to be a fan of this team...if you want to call them that

They didn't deserve to win this game. This isn't a winning football team.

If they keep Gase or Darnold at this point--probably going to step away from this terrible franchise. They aren't worth it.

2. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better! Im as bipolar as most Jets fans. I wanted Sewell at 2 but now realize Darnold just isn't going to cut it. Fields or Wilson at 2.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

And people actually want to run Darnold out there again next year.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think majority of us will stay if they try to bolster up the roster and keep Darnold + a vet or late QB (seattles 1?) But if they keep Gase, i would be shocked if majority don't walk away.

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

It makes no sense. Sams ceiling is a game manager type QB. This team needs someone at the helm who will make players around him better and have the ability to take over a game. I’m just sick of the mediocre QBs this team has had over the years and a lot of the fans seem to be okay with it.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Were the Jets ever "worth it"...?

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

16-32 with 175 yards isn’t even game manager. That’s not efficient football, it’s just bad. They won in spite of him.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"Mediocre" is being kind... :confused:

9. FrontOfficeFanatic

I'll be the first to admit I was one of those that was trying to see what the team could look like if we built around Sam--I was wrong. I'll admit it no problem.

The kid can't play QB--he's an athlete that plays back yard football and can fall into a few wins a year when his team is elite or the other team plays down to him.

At this point, I'm all in for Zach Wilson and I'll assume the risk with him. Nobody will give us more than what was given for Rosen for Sam--

It's a shame that this wasn't handled the right way.....

You should have traded Sam before the trade deadline and went 100% in on the tank to get TL.

10. FrontOfficeFanatic

I would say I can't wait to hear the boos if he comes back next year, but I would hope nobody would give away their hard earned money on tickets....

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would rather have Sam than a Rookie QB not named Trevor Lawrence.
    This team is not ready to win next year, so there is no urgency to sign a FA or make a trade.
    If the right opportunity presents itself, I would not be opposed to going for it but I don’t think they need to reach or overpay to make a change for next season.
    They may be in a position to draft one after next season with 2 first rounders.

12. NYJFOREVER

So sign a veteran QB.

I’m fine with trading down with Cincinnati, who picks 6 as of right now. They can pick up multiple 2s or a 1 from that trade. Use the 6th pick to take Chase and sign Godwin in FA.

There is no way the Jets can trot Darnold out there next season.

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Then why not groom the next QB here like a Wilson or Fields and be ready in 2 years? Even with TL, this team isn’t ready to win next year. The sooner this team moves on from him, the better. I believe if they retain him, he’s owed somewhere between 10-15 mill next year for a game manager type Qb.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Honest question:

Who do you see as a better fit at QB?

I hate Darnold. I was the first to say I loved his potential and then watched him crash and burn. We are hopeless with him. But without Lawrence who do you see as a replacement?

Section 336 likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Would fans be ok with acquiring someone who can hold the fort until the next FQB is acquired? I would for two reasons. One, I don't want to draft a QB just because we need one. Two, the next FQB prospect could walk into an established offense in 2022, 2023, or 2024.

apjbfc and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Someone who can complete a pass for more than 10 yards

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Neither Wilson nor Fields is worthy of using the number 2 pick on.
    If you can trade down, still grab either maybe give it a shot. The Jets cannot afford to blow another top 5 pick on a QB that fails.

Jets79 and Red Menace like this.
  18. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

I am going to get crucified for this but I would offer Dallas a trade for Prescott. He is way better than Darnold. I know he would eat up a lot of cap space but he would be a huge upgrade over Darnold. I dont see many other options besides drafting an unproven QB at 2. We can maybe swap first rounders as part of the trade or offer one or both of our Seattle picks

19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Man... I think you guys are sliding off the reservation a little.

I can get being disappointed in mentally painting Trevor Lawrence as a savior (which who knows it that'll actually be the case) and then losing him. But if your going to go full on hate on Darnold I'm going to say right now isn't the best timing for it. He just pulled off wins against a 9 win and 10 win playoff teams, threw no ints, made some nice throws, made some nice runs. I'm not saying he's been incredible but he's been solid and steady. Did enough to win these last two games after finally getting a little help. Almost makes me wonder what might happen if he kept getting a little MORE help. Aka impact offensive player or two in the next draft, new and improved coaching staff etc.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There's no urgency in terms of trying to get to the playoffs, but how about in terms of having a respectable offense on the field not only for the rookie to sit behind and learn, but for the fans, and for establishing a winning culture? I'd much rather have a vet QB starting next season than Sam.

Bellys Lies and matt robinson 17 like this.