We're going to regret not taking a WR

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by southparkfanciz, May 10, 2014.

1. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I hope we like seeing chris johnson and chris ivory run the ball 3 times a down series. Because that's about all we're going to be able to do. I will state this, I love the Jace Amaro pick, but people on here are delusional if they think he can line up as a WR (which I have seen a multiple of comments saying that) and I feel like once again the Jets dropped the ball. I am tired of seeing a one dimensional offense and that's what we're going to get again. This was the deepest WR class in years and didn't pick even one of the top 10. Everyone who isn't mentally insane has agreed that Decker is not a #1. I know someone else on here has to feel similarly.

2. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

So if we took a WR we're going to throw 45 times a game?

Jets69 likes this.
  3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Only 9 picks left too...

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  4. southparkfanciz

Name 10 quality #2, not even #1, WR's that were drafted in the 4th round or later that turned out to be worth....and don't say kerely. Love G-swag but hes a #3 at best

5. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Every offense doesn't need a true #1 receiver. If McDougle can stay healthy than they get an A from me so far. I love that they grabbed a safety and TE with a mean streak.

6. southparkfanciz

I agree. But considering our history there is no reason to believe we can duplicate what other good defensive teams have done in order to win. Plus as of now Kerley is our #2....that can't stand going into the season

7. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, for a rookie QB without much to work with Geno still threw for over 3,000 yards.

8. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Marcus Colston was the 3rd from last pick in his draft and look how he turned out a beast.....you can still find good players late in the draft

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Does anyone realize that the Seahawks, the team that Idzik is trying to replicate doesn't have a Calvin Johnson or AJ Green? They have guys like Baldwin, Rice, Tate, Harvin, etc...

If we are being honest, Decker is better than any WR that Seattle has had over the last few years (inclusive of Harvin, who I doubt ever stays healthy). The Jets will be fine at WR with Decker, Kerley, and whoever they draft today.

Harry Banus likes this.
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I promise you the Jets won't regret not taking a WR yet.

JETS1116 likes this.
  11. southparkfanciz

That's an outlier my friend. A victor Cruz. In other words statistically the chances of finding another Colston (a product of drew brees btw) are very slim. I don't like the philosophy of doing that with offense

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^It's also a much deeper draft.

Amaro pretty much is a WR. Don't forget we have 3 4th round picks still, one right near the beginning from tampa bay. We could draft 3 WRs, although I see it far more likely they go WR, OLB, OL.

I mean right now the Jets have Cumberland, Amaro, Johnson, Decker, Nelson, Kerly and Hill to catch the ball and that ain't bad at all. These late rounds are going to be all about finding those gems and we have a lot of chances to do it and therefor a higher percentage than getting lucky with Colston.

13. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

Brandon Marshall
    Stevie Johnson (round 7!)
    Brian Hartline
    Jermaine Kearse (undrafted)
    Amendola (undrafted)
    Julian Edelman (round 7)
    Jerrico Cotchery (round 4)
    Riley Cooper (round 5)
    Victor Cruz (undrafted)
    Pierre Garcon (round 6)

I could keep going if you want. Relax. There's talent left - we just have to hope we find it.

14. Don

Gates was undrafted, Chrebet was undrafted, the whole NFL is outliers.

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

And Amaro's probably gonna be better than any TE they had too lol, at least offensively.

16. southparkfanciz

The thing is...why are we to believe that Geno is gonna help turn these "gems" actually into something. If we had a reliable QB, OK I agree with you. But we don't have that. IMO I think this is more the jets not giving up on Stephen hill yet which is a mistake

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

You could be right too...honestly I don't even count Hill in terms of next year's team, but he's still here along with Jacoby Ford (who's like a special teamer at best) so maybe they do overrate the quality of guys we have. Then again it's still a better core than they began last year with.

18. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Dude, we signed Decker, Drafted Amaro, and still Have Kerley. That is a huge improvement. It's guys like you that crack me up.

hornblower likes this.
  19. Don

They may be grabbing one of those today too. There are still a few big time arms out there in Savage, Thomas and Mettenberger.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. southparkfanciz

Very true, I would love if they drafted Mettenberger. Kid's retarded for trying to dilute an NFL drug test, but regardless he's still got potential, defenetly worth having on the roster over Simms. And excuse me cbman13, if I'm pessimistic about those 3 players taking our offense out of the top 25 in offense range. Kerley is a #3, Decker is a #2, and Amaro (although I love the pick) doesn't have big player ability like a WR. Hopefully I'll be wrong about Amaro, but I'm tired of seeing the Jets offense look on the same level as the Jaguars sometimes.