Welcome to the Jets, Marcus Maye!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xxedge72x, Apr 28, 2017.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

One day the Jets will invest in some top of the line athletes on offense.

Today is not that day.

boozer32 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

The kid might be a good pickup. He might play his hearts out but I can't understand this pick for the life of me. Until when are we going to keep ignoring offense in draft? Same thing year after year after year. Tired of this shit to be honest.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ummm...No, they won't.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and people wonder why I'm not fanatical about this team anymore. I just watch what they do and am rarely surprised by the results. Comes with the territory of being a Jet fan.

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Marcus Maye can ball yo!

Welcome to the NYJ

Catfish Billy and NYJETS4life24 like this.
  7. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Every analyst loves this pick. We need good players

Calm down. Minus Cook, I couldn't think of any other worthy offensive player

8. BLottZ

BLottZ Member

This is a great pick, they stuck to their board and got a great player. Who cares if we just drafted a safety, this is how you build a team.

9. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Clearly the Jets are building for the future, not this year. They have cleared something like $75 million in cap space for next year. If the Jets have any brains they are going to play Hack and Petty all year and figure out if we want to take a QB with our high #1 next year, or (if by some miracle either one of them work out) then we can draft a stud offensive player. Offensive players, especially RBs, have less of a window before they are used up. Best not to draft one this year when we aren't doing anything.

10. Jedi mind tricks

The "dark admin" indeed

wampa, NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Look. Offense doesn't consist of running backs and defense doesn't consist of safeties. Pick a corner, pick a linebacker pick an offensive lineman. Address another position on the team with the best available talent on the board. Don't reach for another safety. Not saying anything bad about Maye. He can surprise us and play like a first rounder but what is the point of picking another safety when you can pick another position player.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm sort of baffled by the pick... but... we play in the same division as the Patriots. If we can't stop the Patriots passing attack, then we're essentially a worthless team. Jets are at least trying to put the prerequisite in place to even compete with them.

13. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I agree this is why I didn't understand giving Josh McKown 6 mil or was it 7 mil. Waste of money. Petty should start the season and hack come in half way through the season of petty is showing nothing.

I like the idea of not wanting teams to throw deep balls on us all game every game. It was so frustrating watching that shit. Gave the dline zero time to get to the qb. If we can build the defense to an elite level this year and spend that 60+ million on offense next year plus the draft picks next year on offense then we are set.

This season was a rebuild season. Grow the young guys. We have some young talented receivers that can grow this season and see if they are in the future.

NCJetsfan and rohirrim665 like this.
  14. Jedi mind tricks

Still want an edge rusher tho. Enough of the "our pass rush will help our secondary" then "our secondary will help our pass rush" cycle we're stuck in depending on if we're currently drafting a DB or DL

#14 Jedi mind tricks, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    TwoHeadedMonster and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

6 million is a ridiculous amount for Mccown, I still don't get it. And as far as the Maye pick, it would be interesting to have a powerhouse secondary with two great safteys in the back, just have to hope it pans out.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  16. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Seahawks have thrived with the idea. There guys panned out hopefully these guys will too. Need a corner though.

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

This bothers me more than anything. Some day maybe. I just hope they're not drafting to TB's system and Maye was best player in their estimation.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  18. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

How many games did the Jets lose last year because they made every opposing QB look like Brett Favre? Matt freakin Moore lit them up.

If these guys can stop that from happening, sign me up. But now lets get some offense. Jake Butt, Chris Godwin, Antonio Garcia...

Jets69 and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. Jedi mind tricks

Didn't we draft LBs back to back last year? Mac is systematically trying to fix whole positions one draft at a time

20. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

The Jets might have just drafted an elite safety duo for the next decade. I love both picks.

Why reach for a pedestrian edge rusher or running back if the value isn't there?

JohnnyP123456 and NCJetsfan like this.