Welcome to Buffalo Sammy Watkins!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, May 9, 2014.

1. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Aka Calvin Johnson and Jerry Rice wrapped into one. Thoughts on our front office making the bold move to give up next years 1rst and 4th to get this generational player? We just instantly became a top 10 offense with Watkins, Mike Williams, Stevie, Woods, Spiller, Jackson. Ready or not, Buffalo is doing big things this year. Watch out!!

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Love Watkins but I don't think any WR is worth two top 10 picks. Buffalo management don't care about future though cause there will be new management once new owner takes over.

Axel3419 likes this.
  3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haha..Johnson and Rice wrapped into one....as Larry Holmes would have said Watkins couldn't carry Johnson's or Rice's jockstrap. Oh and "Stevie" will be dumped faster than you can blink your eyes.

jetsons likes this.
  4. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Nice try but I'm afraid you took a jab and missed. We are not going to be a bottom 10 team this year and you know it. As long at EJ manages and plays atleast average we will be anywhere from deep into the playoffs to superbowl contenders. Our defense is still very good.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Goodbye Rd 1 2015

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, the current management team probably signed their death warrant by giving up a #1 in 2015 to get a receiver. No new owner is going to like that.

7. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Wouldn't make sense for us to dump him this year for cap reasons. He will just primarily play in the slot now where he will wreck havoc and likely have a probowl season. I doubt he'll be traded. Your jealously of our WR'S is probably through the roof. I mean we have 4 of them that are better then Decker!

8. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Next years first will be a 20 or higher pick, I'm not concerned at all about losing that to get this beast.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

haha, Watkins wasn't even my first rated receiver in this year's draft. Good job buying into the media hype, buffalo. That was a terrible , terrible trade, just to move up five spots. I was laughing out loud , only thing worse was Jacksonville wasting a third overall on Bortles. p.s. have fun running those crossing routes on us and getting your heads knocked off.

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Super Bowl Contenders? Lol

UtahGetMe2 likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Shouldn't you be welcoming him to Toronto?

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The kid hasn't play ONE single down in the league and you've already putting him in the same category as Jerry Rice, arguably the greatest offensive player in the history of the league? Got it. And you wonder why the majority here at TGG are convinced your football IQ's on a par with the average temperature in Buffalo…… in celsius no less.

"Thoughts" about your first impulse which was to go rushing onto a Jets message board?

What do you 'think'?

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

"When/If the Bills draft Geno Smith, will you be scared?"

Yisman, Axel3419, 74 and 1 other person like this.
  14. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Blame the media for the hype. I'm just making my valid prediction. He's a shoe in for rookie of the year.

15. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I think it wasnt a very good move it can backfire, i think you should have stayed in your pick and get odell or ebron because of the risk of the next years draft pick can be still a high pick.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

He's a hell of a player--what's not to like about the kid?--and props to the Bills for getting their fan base amped over this move. Whether sacrificing future picks costs them down the road we'll have to see. Again great prospect, but he's not even stepped on an NFL field yet so let's not put him up there with not only a HOF'er but the greatest WR in history let alone Megatron. Remember the "media hype" about Jerry Rice when he came out of Miss. Valley State?….that he only posessed 4.7 in the 40 speed? As for rookie of the year, a WR would have a better chance at ROTY if he were paired up with a proven QB. EJ Manuel has not yet established himself as a sure thing QB.

About the Bills' 1st round draft pick: against the Jets, will Sammy Watkins be capable of running a fly pattern and snaring a TD pass? Yes.

About the Jets' 1st round draft pick: against the Jets, will Sammy Watkins be capable of running a post and getting his ass knocked out? Yes.

About the Bills' 2015 1st round draft pick: this space for rent

…..anyone remember the Bills' trade to get J.P. Losman?

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No he's not but he's a GREAT GREAT player. He is a fast explosive violent pass catching phenom and he'll be better than
    Andre Reed in the end.

You got an incredible player but the Johnson/Rice wrapped into one thing doesn't make any sense. He's not tall and he's not as supremely gifted as Rice.

Think Steve Smith and Anquon Boldin wrapped into one. That's a better comparison.

_

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Why the fuck is this even on here? "welcome to the Bills Sammy Watkins"? On a Jets message board?

Jesus. I thought some of these Jet fans had no life. This just took the icing on the cake.

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Well, it is the NFL forum. While some of them can be trolling, it's nice to get the perspective of fans from other teams as to how things played out. Some of them can be quite informative. Especially a division rival.

_

20. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Hey I would settle for that lol or just a bigger Percy Harvin. This kid was also a fan of the Bills growing up. Andre Reed may reach out to him.