Week 8: New York Jets vs Oakland Raiders thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by talisaynon, Oct 25, 2015.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Injuries are going to be a big factor. I think we can win this one but it's no slam dunk by any means, they are a pretty good team.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Anyone gripping over the Raider game should turn in their TGG badge and go home

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This might be the most important game of 2015. Its gonna show what kind of team these Jets are. Since we didn't ride the emotional rollercoaster in NE, there shouldn't be any hangover this Sunday in Oaktown. Yesterday didn't make or break this team. We can prove that and put to bed once and for all the SOJ stereotype this team has lived with for decades.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

meh. we'll see how Carr looks Sunday against this Jets D. I'm not ready to anoint the kid. He put up some numbers against some bad defenses

I suggest you two get off your knees. The only games he faced tough defenses this year (CIN, DEN) he looked more like David Carr than Derek Carr. Jets stop the run (no problems with that yet this year) and blitz the hell out of the kid and he'll fall apart.

I'm more worried about our offense in this game against Mack & that Raider D than stopping anything the Raiders have to offer

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

After a loss, every other team looks amazing.

6. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

This is a game where Revis is incredibly valuable. Cooper is turning into a stud number 1 wr and is a major focal point of their offense. Our d-line is fantastic at stopping the run and turning teams into a one dimensional game. The pats didn't even bother running the ball because they knew they had no chance. Carr is nowhere close to Brady in talent and will struggle to put up points. If Fitz continues his competence of play we will walk out of the black hole 5-2.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So is this a MUST WIN or a TRAP GAME?

I'm having trouble keeping track of those lately.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Second year player with his needle pointing straight up.

At the most important position in organized sports.

Yeah, I wish we had drafted Derek Carr.

_

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah no kiddin... Its always either one or the other.

10. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I don't know if the Jets are emotionally deflated now. But I'm hoping we're beyond the Rex Ryan ways of needing to beat New England at all costs, and then that style not being sustainable the rest of the year. With that said, I like that New England has to go to a hot Miami team, coming off an absolute laugher against the Texans. Should New England lose on Thursday, I think the Jets might win by 30 points in Oakland.

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Emotions don't run as high as they did with Rex and I think the Jets are on to the next one. We lost by one score to New England in Foxboro, I'd imagine they will be laser-focused for next week as going 6-2 through the 1st half of the season will show everyone we are for real.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This might be one of the more better games on the schedule. It won't be an easy game for sure. Carr really stepping up, Amari Cooper is already an elite receiver in the eyes of some. Khalil Mack can't be stopped as he's prob the best edge rusher in the game today besides Von Miller and Justin Houston.

Revis will have his hands full with Cooper, Cooper abused Joe Haden a few weeks earlier.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Cooper is the real deal.

_

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I disagree with everyone saying this is a trap game. If we beat New England I would say this is a typical letdown game for us with Rex but like Bowles has said. One game isn't going to define us or our season.

Oakland on the other is set up for a prime letdown game. Big win vs a divisional rival on the road now to come home vs a good team who just lost to a divisional rival.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This game could go either way, I think we win a close game with a late Folk FG, but the Raiders are a year away imo.

16. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

IT'S A MUST WIN TRAP GAME.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

My only concern is did the loss to NEP kill our players confidence in themselves or the coaching staff. The Raiders are obviously on an upswing and playing at home. So will the team be flat after a tough loss to Brady. I actually almost went to this game.

18. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Ryan Matthews says Hi

19. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I am REALLY worried about this one.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Even I they lose this one, they're still in fine shape with Jacksonville heading to town. Boer tales won't have a shot, the will be an ugly game for them. I think we can easily be 6-2 after the halfway point, but don't freak out of they lose to a good Oakland team on the road. You all will though.