We need 2 back sets, tight formations, and turn Bell loose

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

There were a few plays last night where Myles came in with no block whatsoever. It was so incomprehensible I don't know where to begin.

then there were other times where both Beachum and Shell were simply bulldozed into the QB

some serious disarray at the moment. Yet for some irrational reason i think the CS will get that sorted out (blind optimism runs in my family)

jilozzo and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Its not that simple. You have a front 5 that didnt play a snap together all preseason & a center making the calls who’s only been in the offense for a month & a half. AND its a new system for everyone thats widely considered complicated.

Cohesion is paramount for OL both pre snap & post snap.You cant simulate these things in practice no matter how hard you try.

I know it seems like im making excuses for the offensive coaching staff but im not. These are legit issues w no solution except more exposure to the offense & playing together.

What can you blame the CS for? Not waiting to start Kalil till he was ready mentally & physically.I thought it wouldve made sense in preseason game 4 to give the starting 5 at least one drive if they were all healthy to get on the same page.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

To be honest I think the o-line worked out most of their kinks after the quarter and played the last 3 quarters a lot better. But the results weren't much better. Our wideouts weren't getting open very often. Same as the Buffalo game. This is why we are dinking and dunking. Its not just the line - its the wideouts failing to separate on too many plays.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.