We have won 3 of 4

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

So fucking relax. We were 4-6 in 09 with a rookie HC and QB and still went to the AFCCG. Yesterday was disappointing but we still have a good shot of making it to the playoffs with the way our schedule plays out. Every team has problems.

2. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

This is true, but winning the division would be nice, for once, I mean we could finish 7-0 and be 12-4, but that would mean beating the Giants, which at this point is doubtful, but we'll see soon enough.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

good thing we beat the 2-7 Dolphins and the Bills and Chargers who have a combined 6 game losing streak.

sure, let's ignore the fact that we got pummeled at home in what everyone was calling the biggest game of the season. sure, everything is rosy.

you have to ignore a whole lot of things to simply tout the 3 out of 4 as something to hang your hat on.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Actually we have won 5 out of 9 in a year in which 10 wins probably will not make the playoffs for us.

We're 4-4 in the conference and already have a loss to one of our main competitors for a wild card in Baltimore.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This is bad, and everyone should be pissed about this. There's no silver lining to this bullshit.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

We beat shitty teams. The Dolphins suck megaladon dick, the Chargers are frauds and they keep losing to everyone and the Bills are the Bills, They always suck. We had a real test in our hated rival and we got smashed at home. I like how people keep saying we have an easy road with Denver and KC coming up, There not that bad, i think we will struggle and if we lose thursday to the Broncos you can fuck the play offs goodbye.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously.

We lost a home game in what essentially amounted to a play-in game to see if we can get a home playoff game and possibly a bye week. Now, that's out the window.

We've also lost 4 of 7.

No reason to relax. This game was the biggest, most hyped up home game vs a quality opponent since the 2002-3 playoffs vs the Colts, and we laid an egg.

People who say our season over are being reactionary. But this was huge, huge loss. It's not the end of the season, but it's pretty much the end of reaching the goal this team had for the regular season. We failed in reaching our first goal, and we got swept by our hated rival.

Not sure what I should be relaxing about.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

That about sums up everything... There is no silver lining coming out of that game, plain and simple.

9. jetsfan2

jetsfan2 Banned

3-4 vs garbage teams on big losing streaks. Will probally get into the playoffs but get raped there. We will never win a superbowl with Sanchez at Qb.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

people who are attempting to convince others that there is no reason to be alarmed, angry or worried are being just as big of imbeciles as those people who are saying the season is over.

there are no positives from last night and the game is certainly grounds for concern about the ability to win the Super Bowl.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Ive seen your last 3 posts, and I'm pretty sure you've blamed everything on Sanchez.

Did you watch the game???

Please tell me that we lost the game because of him and not because of our special teams, shitty safety play, inability to make a play off of NE's mistakes, no pass rush at all, no pass protection, terrible game planning/coaching, RB's dropping multiple passes and finally inability of receivers getting separation from CB's found off the street .

Please tell me that those mean nothing and that Sanchez is the only problem.

The WHOLE team lost the game, not just Dirty

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm a sunshiner, and even I'm still pissed. The Patriots were reeling and we rolled over for them in our fucking house. We played like the same old Jets and no matter how much it gets sugar coated, this loss hurts like Hell. Yeah, we can rebound from it and I have no doubt in our team's character, but Jesus Fucking Christ, does it have to always be this goddamn hard?

Oh, and now we have to travel cross country for a Thursday Night game? Fuck the NFL.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Also true.

Hey, I've been more pessimistic about this team than usual. I thought we were turning a corner, but watching Buffalo and San Diego play other teams doesn't really back that up.

There is absolute reason for concern. The defense will be fine in most matchups, but we still can't cover tight ends. We've put so much money and resources into the cornerback position, so New England just crushes us with the tight ends.

14. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Sure 2009 was a magical year, we came to the threshold of the Superbowl and blew it, again.

But, we were extremely fortunate to get a wild card berth. There were about eight teams that had to lose for the Jets to make, they all lost.

We had our own destiny in our hands yesterday and we let it slip away. Sure we can make the play offs this season. But, now in addition to finishing strong we have to hope that the Bengals go into a tail spin.

One day the New York Jets will have their day in the sun, I just hope it's soon. I've been rooting for them since 1980 and feels like Ground Hogs Day every year.

15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

And it will be 7 out of 8 after we take care of the next 4 tomato cans on our schedule. I can't believe the crying on ths site after every loss. The sky is always falling with some people. Just look at the names of the posters and do a search to see how many of them were bailing out last year ... and in 09 ... and during the 3 game losing streak.

I don't care who we beat and who we're about to beat. If they suck, that's their problem.

If you people are so convinced that the season is over (again) every time we lose a fucking game, then just bail out enjoy the hockey season.

#15 truthbtold, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  16. Milliner is your Mommy

Im not ignoring it but Im sorry I wont slit my wrists over 1 game. I dont give a fuck how sloppy we look in the regular season as long as we make it to the playoffs and win there like we have in the past 2 seasons. You don't win ribbons for looking pretty in the regular season.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Exactly. Last night sucks but so did getting blown out by the Ravens and losing to the Packers and Pats last year. This happens. What matters is we still find a way to make it to the pllayoffs and find ways to win there. We have proven we can win big games. Not every team in fact almost every team does not look like a super bowl winner all season and then go on and win it.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Baltimore is not our competition for the Wildcard. let's already assume they're in one wildcard slot. That means its us against the Bengals, Titans and Bills for the last spot. Maybe you're betting on them. I'll take the Jets.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Exactly.

The Bengals are our primary competition. From now on, we root for Bengals losses every chance possible. Would be nice for Pittsburgh to start losing, too, though I doubt we can catch them.

We're looking at the #6 seed right now. I think we're better than the competition, but there's a lot of it.

#6 seed race

Bengals: 6-3
    Jets: 5-4
    Bills: 5-4
    Titans: 5-4
    San Diego: 4-5
    Denver: 4-5
    Kansas City: 4-5

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

if true, good news because the Bengals have a tough schedule to deal with.