Watson might be moved this week....potential Miami deal

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by blackssmagic, Oct 20, 2021.

1. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Just read a report that the Phins are close to getting Watson, that he might be traded this week...While this isnt Jets news I wanted to post it here due to the Phins being in our division...

The Miami Dolphins are reportedly working on a trade for Deshaun Watson and could have a deal with the Houston Texans by this week, per John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

Mark Berman of Fox 26 also reported a deal could be completed this week, noting the two sides hope to work something out before the Nov. 2 trade deadline.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Giving up most likely top tier assets for a guy with 22 rape allegations and a grand jury indictment on the way is a bold strategy.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

man the fins fucked over the texans so hard in trades the last few years and they still aren't good.

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the Dolphins trade for him and are dumb enough to put him on the field (and Goodell is dumb enough to allow it), he's gonna have a bounty put on him every week.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I doubt that. The NFL is a brotherhood regardless as to what you allegedly did for the most part. It's not like Roethlisberger was targeted when he clearly raped that girl.

What I don't understand is why the Dolphins are in a rush to make this move. As soon as he's ready to take the field (say another three games?) and has learned the system enough to play, they could be effectively eliminated. Even if they get the Falcons and Texans games (possible to go either way in both) they'll be 3-6 when he plays and they still have to play the Titans, Panthers, Saints and Ravens along with us twice and some other cupcakes. They're shooting for a wild card at best and could have a top 7-8 pick at worst.

blackssmagic and abyzmul like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The problem isn't just what Watson is accused of, it's that the Dolphins will have traded for him, essentially breaking an unofficial agreement among teams not to trade for him despite the possibility of getting an elite QB for a bargain price. So the Dolphins will in effect be violating the brotherhood among teams, which could make them and him a target.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Social justice for masseuses with $20k tits.

There's an underrated B-movie in there somewhere.

bicketybam, stinkyB and FJF like this.
  8. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

In regards to the #Texans closing in on a deal that would send Deshaun Watson to the Miami #Dolphins, I am hearing that it could be a three team deal that would send Tua Tagovailoa to the Washington Football Team.....

Thats an interesting twist

9. Jonathan_Vilma

What sort of unofficial agreement is this? I've never heard of that sort of concept.

Ptflea2 likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A Watson trade under the existing circumstances will essentially make all long-term deals at the mercy of the player.

I doubt very much that any team in the NFL wants Watson to have managed to get out from under the 10 year deal he signed with the Texans. If he gets away with forcing his way out of town what does that say about the prospects for players not facing the kind of legal action he is being able to invalidate their contracts at the drop of a hat?

You can make whatever arguments you want about the unfair nature of NFL negotiations as they currently stand. The teams still want them to be exactly as unfair as they currently are and letting a bad actor force his way out of a long-term deal hits at the heart of that balance.

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Touching up 3000 woman is an extreme way to break a 10 year contract.

Fair play to him for finding a way out.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

bounty for what? the other players don't care and generally have each others backs

Ralebird likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

I imagine that's what HOTJ was getting at, but this is a different circumstance with a player who comes with a heavy risk.

It's not like players haven't forced their ways out of organizations in the modern day (Jamal Adams, Antonio Brown, etc.) even if it is more rare than say the NBA.

14. Br4d

There's a difference between forcing your way out with a pending contract negotiation and forcing your way out after signing a 10 year deal and playing only one year under that deal.

ouchy likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

He signed a four year extension. Where are you getting ten years from?

Br4d likes this.
  16. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

If the Dolphins can somehow steer Watson out of trouble and get him back on the field, it will be an excellent deal for them. Deshaun Watson is a top 5 QB.....

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If that happens and Watson isn't suspended or doesn't go to jail, there go two of our wins this year. If it happens, he is suspended and then goes to jail, I will laugh my ass off at the Dolphins.

18. Br4d

Well, it was a contract extension that he had not even played a year under before he demanded out.

19. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Seems like desperation on the part of the Dolphins.

mrjet80, ouchy, Br4d and 1 other person like this.
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I read the Eagles are also in the discussion, but it's probably bs that it's serious.