Was it just me. Or did Elam seem to get burned all game long.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Baumeister, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

It seemed like every big play the broncos had Elam was getting burned in one way or another. Marshalls TD he blows a tackle by trying to knock the ball loose. Then totally blew coverage on stokley to seal the deal for the broncos. I know he is not the only one playing defense but come on.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The whole secondary got toasted yesterday. ZERO passrush didn't help. And our LBs bit on nearly every PA pass.... Just a brutal game all around by everyone on D not just Elam.

3. bull_trout_jet

bull_trout_jet New Member

Ty Law sucked too, dont forget about that old bum

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Elam blew the coverage on the Stokley play, as much as everyone wants to blame the coaching staff

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

blew that and the awful neck tackle on Royal for the other TD.

his fuck ups and the turnovers are a big part of the loss.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

and missed that tackle on Royal.

7. Kenny

Kenny New Member

revis christ did not get burned

8. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Revis was good as always, Marshall didn't really light us up. Lowery was ok.

Law, Elam, and Barrett got killed all game. We need to address our 2nd Safety position in next years draft. Kenny Phillips would've been a nice pick this year.

Keys for next years draft: FS, Playmaking Reciever (Our biggest problem), 3rd or 4th round CB.

9. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Taylor Mays of USC would give us a huge lift at safety if he declares

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ah yes....I blocked that play out of my memory for a while. The combo of the mistackle by Elam, and Ty Law running at the speed of a Special Olympic hurdler to try and catch Royal, I couldnt bear the thought of it...

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

PEOPLE chill we had a bad game... it not like Denver is a bad team... the bottom line is we are still all alone in 1st in AFC East.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

it's not just you . . .

13. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

The TD Elam gave away to and uncovered Stokely was the back breaker that put the game out of reach. He also had trouble tacking Hillis.

14. Phear

Phear New Member

elam is better than our other options, so we're going to have to hope it was just the weather.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So, there's no point in analyzing why the team lost this game? Being alone in first means the Jets are going to stay there, and in effect don't need to play any better?

As for the OP, there were several other bad players for the Jets out there, but Elam was consistently the worst. Being out of position in the secondary is something that might be the fault of the CS, but his weak arm tackling was just embarrassing. You can get by with cb's who are not great tacklers, but a safety has to be able to make tackles. He can't.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Poor safety play, terrible coverage(Revis included), and just a complete inability to get the Broncos off of the field save for a few stalled drives and Lowery's first career INT (Congratulations, sir!). It was as if the defense was replaced by a giant ass out there on the field.

The worst part of all had to have been the coverage in the middle of the field. Half of the time the TEs were wide open without anyone around them, the other half of the snaps was Barton giving good coverage for a few yards and then showing a complete missunderstanding on his part or Elam/Rhodes' part as to where the saftey help should have been. Scheffler and Watson were catching the ball with ease and then jogging for an extra five or ten before someone got near them.

And then there was Ty Law...
    Old, slow, why the hell the CS actualy lets him give a cushion to any WR in this league with two working legs is beyond me. He can't cover in space anymore so whatever cushion he gives is guaranteed yardage. He should be jamming every receiver he comes up against, I don't care if it's 4th and 24! Hell, seeing as though Schotty has all but forgotten who Stuckey is we might as well let him play some more DB and see if he can win the starting spot. At least we know he has the potential to cover in space.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Everybody had trouble tackling Hillis, the guy is 250lbs. and has quick feet. That doesn't exactly equate to the easiest guy to bring down.

#17 CatoTheElder, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  18. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Anybody would get burned if the Qb had 30 seconds to throw. The other option is Eric Smith and I think we have all seen enough of him for a lifetime.

19. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

did I watch the same game as everyone- Law had deep help on the royal catch and cutler dropped it in perfect- elam missed the tackle.
    I did not see law getting toasted all over the field?

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He had a shit poor game. He'll be back.