Waiver Wire Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by jets_fan_in_fishtown, Sep 20, 2011.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

since we have a sit/em start/em thread...i think it'll be helpful to everyone if we have a waiver wire thread.

Guys i'm looking at

-Danario Alexander (Bradford targeted him a ton and without amendola he seems to have a bigger role)

-Erik Decker ( had a decent week 1 and a great week 2. with their injury problems at WR should get some looks)

-Denarius Moore..although i wouldn't play him this week, considering the ineptitude and health of the raiders WRs he could be a factor moving forward

-Isaac Redman..... he's going to get more carries and possibly more goal line work because mendenhall has been struggling

2. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Decker has a real role in Denver who throw a ton so he would be my pick. Moore is a great talent, but their top 4 pass catchers were out this week and they threw way more than usual because of the game situation. He is going to have big games and nothing games, like devery henderson in the past. St louis has like 10 WR so you can't count on Alexander. Redman in a handcuff only to me, he gets so few carries.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Decker is a guy I had remaining on one of my pieces of paper that I took to a live draft. The other remaining WRs were Simpson, D. Moore, Roberts, and Douglas. For my final WR pick I took Douglas like an asshole.

Through two weeks, Douglas has been the least valuable of those five guys. Of those five, I actually ranked Decker as the best one, but had already drafted Lloyd. I normally avoid drafting players from the same team at the same position unless it is a RB handcuff thing.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I was able to claim Decker off waivers for Douglas. I also acquired Simpson and dropped Mason.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Dexter McCluster - RB/WR Chiefs
    Deji Karim - RB Jaguars
    Antonio Brown - WR Steelers
    Anthony Armstrong - WR Redskins
    Roy Helu - RB Redskins

and dare I say (if you have a deep bench and can afford to hold on to him)
    Joe McKnight.. with Greene not being too productive and LT up there in age McKnight may break out