Von Miller fined for hit on Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Johnny English, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

$25K for illegal hit.

Do you think this week we might see officials giving flags for it please? Fining the transgressor after the event is of fuck all use to those actually wronged by it.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It would be nice. Kyle Vanden Bosch yesterday was flagged for no good reason, but Miller got away with at least one illegal hit last Thursday.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

They should flag Wayne Hunter for piss poor blocking.

4. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

I'm almost feel like there should be a fine or reprimand of some kind for the officiating crew that misses some of these calls. Perhaps there is something closed door but you're essentially saying a penalty was definitely warranted but not called. Officials can't see everything obviously, but if I'm thinking of the hit in question, there was a replay of the official looking right at it.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'm pretty sure they do get graded and that the crews who do well during the regular season are rewarded by getting to work the playoff games.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yet aaron rodgers got a pathetic call yesterday for being touched.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Poor officiating or straight out officiating blunders that the league acknowledges should result in 'points' being awarded (not game points) that could be used by teams during the next draft or something.

All calls or non-calls that can't be challenged should be reviewed on a game by game basis and 'points' awarded to each team based on effectiveness of the in game officiating.

Draft order in round 7 of next season's draft would be based on 'officiating points' awarded to teams the previous season. haha this would give draft coverage a whole new bunch of material to show during the broadcast, bad call after bad call that led to draft order during round 7. A lot more ppl would keep watching the draft!

It'd be nice if the Jets picked up a decent player next year based on the late non-call hit on Sanchez. Beats a sharp stick in the eye.

8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Does the NFL fine the blind ref also for missing an obvious call? They should.

9. jets12

jets12 Active Member

If Miller put that hit on Brady he would have been flagged and kicked out of the game and every fan knows that.

Robert Kraft owns the refs and every true fan knows that.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

So this is the 2nd time this season that a player was fined for a hit on Sanchez and no flag was thrown. I wonder if this has happened to any other QB's on more then one occasion?

11. J_P_5

J_P_5 Member

That is bananas two illegal hits happened in that game and they would have extended those drives that official should be fired not fined.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

there is one of these threads on every teams message board in teh world. in every sport.

you get some calls you get fucked on some calls. quit yer bitchin

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think its been pretty bad tho. I'm never one of those guys who harps on missed calls cus like you said it happens to everybody but I think the Jets have gotten shafted on these. I mean twice in 1 season a guy got away with a late hit during the game and then got a 5 figure fine after the fact.

14. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

The problem is the refs can only be in one place, and see one angle. That's why for example in last night's game there were at least 3 blatant facemask penalties not called. The ref was behind the defender and couldn't see his hands. Same on QB hits, often the ref can't see if it was helmet or chest.

15. felker

felker Active Member

It's actually worse than that. The rule for this particular play involves lowering the head before making contact so that the crown of the helmet makes contact with the QB. That is pretty easy to miss during game play.

What is really needed is a rule change to make it easier for the refs to pick up the foul. Right now they are missing it a lot.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

oh it was definitely ugly, sanchez could have really gotten hurt on either of those. and these were both late and leading with the helmet. it also adds to his continued fall into scared puppy dogness.

i was definitely frustrated when it happened but i figured i could add some levity to the topic because we know that every team has something to complain about every week.

i do wonder if we got to tebone late at all... i dont remember us hitting him late or dirty in anyway.

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

LOL, Hunter should be forced to reimburse Miller, as he was contributorily negligent on the hit.

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i know more review is bad for the NFL, but with QB hits they need to look into this.

so many times we see bullshit calls, and missed calls.

19. Bombers

Bombers New Member

They had a lot of bad calls yesterday

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. It is easy to see a DL or LB nail the QB in the chest or back with his helmet, which has happened three times to Sanchez this season. It is a play that happens in the open, not in the middle of the line or a crowd of players. All three illegal hits on Sanchez were plain as day and there is no excuse for missing any of the three, let alone all three.