Very Good Read

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FlaJet, Mar 23, 2014.

1. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He's making the assumption that the Jets never had any intention to keep Sanchez. I don't know how he can be so sure of that. Vick could have easily been signed by another team looking for a starting QB.

The Jets need to consider their own interests before those of players. That's how it works in the NFL.

3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So the guy acknowledges but dismisses the gross overpaying, lack of performance and mKing Mark the love of the 6th page. His beef is boiling down to Jets keeping Sanchez until Friday instead of releasing a couple of weeks earlier.

Such a load of crap.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I hate the writer,,,,,,the only guy I like nowadays is Costello ,,,that said I agree with what he wrote . The jets should have cut him loose,,,,,unless they were trying to somehow restructure and trade him, or if something else we are unaware of comes out,,, ,but I think the Jets did not handle this well.
    Ps I hated the way they treated Chad,,,,he said and did all the right things as well and we all knew they were perusing Favre,,,,,but I stray,,, I wish Mark well ,,i rooted for him but agree it was time for him to move on,,,i just don't agree on how the jets handled it .

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Double post ugh

6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The Jets deserved better from Sanchez. It works both ways.

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

"very good read"

What are "things we won't be hearing much about Jet Quarterbacks next season" for 400, Alex.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It is a great article. Jets fans make themselves look like idiots for disagreeing. It is easy to see. I liked the article, but thought it was common sense to see how terrible the Jets treated and handled Sanchez. Pretty much in every way besides money, they screwed him over. Hopefully he can get a fresh start now.

azhar80 and soxxx like this.
  9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

it's not hard to spot the Sanchez fans.

10. The Dark Knight

I am just a Jets fan, who understands the game of football. Mark Sanchez was my QB from 2009 to 2013.

azhar80 likes this.
  11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This is the kind of article and mentality that pervades some of this fanbase and it's so fuckin annoying. Here's my rant on Sanchez and this article which is so hypocritical it makes me wanna puke.

Oh spare me. For all the reasons that Canizzaro listed in his few paragraphs there is zero reason to feel bad for Sanchez. He fleeced this team for millions, his contract had this team in cap hell for a few years and the list goes on. If any team felt that strongly for Sanchez they could've just traded for him. Are the Jets supposed to show their hand just to make sure that Mark Sanchez can find a job somewhere next year?

I don't think ever seen more sycophantic, ass kissing treatment of a player than what Sanchez has received over the years from a portion of this fanbase. It's bizarre and doesn't add up. Especially when you consider how awful he was on the field. It's almost like there's a portion of this fanbase who dooesn't judge players by their ability on the field yet rather how they deal with the media and all the other dumb, off the field, social BS. Well you people shouldn't be football fans then, go hang out with all the fruitcake socialite crowd like Woody Johnson.

If you want to talk about someone who got screwed by the Jets, then call it the Tim Tebow story. The Jets actually brought him in with the promise of all these grand plans and then relegated him to the bench and didn't even let him see the field except for some lame trick plays that and made him a guinea pig. Sanchez never received any such treatment. He made millions and millions off this team. The Jets then didn't even release Tebow and it completely killed his chances of getting signed by any other team. Add to that the months of media speculation and any chance Tebow had of making an NFL team were dead and buried. That's a guy you should feel bad for. One who the Jets prevented from making his livelihood. If I was Tebow I'd be fuming pissed at this dysfunctional loser organization.

Mark Sanchez is lucky we don't ask for some for some of his millions back that he did not deserve. He's a pretty boy, phony, Cali, soft, lame B rate actor and nothing more.

Mark Sanchez is a fuckin scrub QB. All the other fanboys can b**t off to his poster if they feel that bad for him. How pathetic and weak is this article. This type of jouirnalism is disgraceful.

This is the last time I ever wanna talk about Mark Sanchez unless he turns into an acclaimed soap opera star or some other BS which suits him. Goodbye and good riddance Sanchez.

Diabolical_Jet_Fan and TNJet like this.
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

so what you're implying is that anyone who doesn't make the assumption that the Jets were going to cut Sanchez regardless of what happened simply doesn't understand football like you, a Sanchez fan, does? pardon me while I call you on your bullshit.

13. The Dark Knight

No, I mean the way he was released was terrible, but I am talking about how he was set up to fail by the Jets. 2009-2010 Sanchez had everything. Great O-line, great weapons, and a top D. 2011 he started to lose some of those pieces, still had 32 TD's but the team was starting to fall apart. 2012 they bring in Tebowmania circus and the worst OC I have ever watched in Sparano, plus no weapons. 2013 they bring in Geno, Sanchez beats him out, then gets thrown to the wolves in Giants game. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say to you.

hwismer likes this.
  14. JetsNation06

If he's so good then why hasn't he been signed yet? Surely out of 32 teams there's one team that needs a QB as capable as the one you described. If not, that tells you all you need to know about Sanchez's ability, or lack thereof. The Jets couln't even get a 7th rounder or some cash for a QB of his caliber?

RuJFan likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

Definitely could not be traded due to his contract and coming off a serious shoulder injury. Now I am sure teams are evaluating how Sanchez can be used on their team. Someone will pick him up at a discounted rate.

16. JetsNation06

Teams don't need to evaluate top QB's in their prime. They make every effort to sign those guys before they get into a bidding war. Clearly he doesn't fall in these categories and that's why his market is soft.

17. The Dark Knight

He is not a Top QB in his prime. I never said he was. He is an average QB coming off a serious shoulder injury. Still, he should be healthy now and ready to go in 2014. Put a good team around him and he can win you games. That is the problem with Sanchez haters, they act like the people who support him think he is some kind of great QB. I have never said that. I just have felt he is not as bad as the media and some Jets fans think, and has been put in terrible situations to succeed. I have wanted to upgrade from him for years. The problem is the Jets still haven't brought a QB in who is better. (Tebow, Geno, Vick) Just how I feel.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Not to turn this into another Sanchez thread, but "put a good team around and he can win you games" applies to most of the QBs in the NFL. It's not something Sanchez specific.

19. The Dark Knight

Don't worry, as it is a Sanchez thread. I agree though, but some of those type of QB's are making big money right now. Sanchez is just as capable as them. Just has been put in a terrible spot. I guess I also get upset that he gets so much of the blame for the Jets failures in 2012. It is ridiculous. Tannenbaum got fired, Sparano got fired, (rightfully so on both), but yet somehow most fans felt Sanchez was the main reason for the team's (6-10) record. Thinking like that drives me nuts.

20. Sixto

Sixto Member

Loved Sanchez the first couple of years, then the downward trend, then he was way overpaid with that extension, now he's let go. It all evened out. He got the much better of the contract, he did great money wise and now he's released. Fair.

And as soon as some team has an injury, which will happen, he'll get his chance and he'll be fine.

VaBchJet likes this.