Utube - Bills Jets 1975

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mrjet80, Oct 29, 2018.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

While trolling utube the other day I found a VHS recording of the actual NBC broadcast ( second half only ) of the Bills Jets game at Shea from 11/2/1975. The quality is poor for most of it . I’m sure some of you old timers may remember this game.

I’m posting this because of two reasons :

The outcome of the game was so typical Jets and was just about the final straw for the coach at the time - Charlie Winner . And I know after this latest Jets debacle many feel Bowles needs to be let go also..

Also, this is the first ever color broadcast ( even partial) I’ve seen of the Jets ( led by Namath) at Shea . Being that it’s NBC makes it even more rare as that station did not usually save their video tapes for long after airing usually shipping it out to local media stations to cut out for highlights. I would imagine this would especially be true for the Jets who were not good enough to be featured in many national broadcasts .

Anyway to sum up the game the Jets apparently dominated for most of it leading 23-7 in the third quarter . The Bills got it to within 23-17 but the Jets drove down to the Bills 20 yard line with under five minutes to play . Facing a fourth and one Winner decided to go for it with run up the middle- even after failing on a third and one with the same play . A 38 yard FG would have pretty much ended the game at that point . Anyway the Bills got the ball back and wham ! OJ Simpson takes a pass 70 yards for a touchdown and that was all she wrote .... LOL . 43 years ago - the players, league, even stadium have changed but not our Jets !!!!

If you get a chance check it out ....the commercials rock !

nycarl and twown like this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Why would I want to see the Jets lose again?

Sunday's game angered me enough.