Turnover stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsUK, Dec 24, 2016.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

In case you hadn't seen them as yet (clearly a couple more games to play this afternoon but as it stands):

- Jets have the worst turnover differential in the NFL

- Jets have thrown the most interceptions in the NFL (4 more than the next worst team)

- Jets are 26th in terms of most fumbles per game

- Jets are ranked 31st in terms of intercepting their opponents (only Jax have fewer ints)

- only Chi, Cinn & Cleveland have forced fewer fumbles than the Jets.

- Fitzpatrick has the lowest QB rating of any qualifying QB - Petty's rating is even lower.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I get it.

We suck.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

WE DOTH SUKKETH

4. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

An aside - we actually had a QB on our roster who didn't throw picks and his name was .... Tim Tebow

All jokes aside, Tebow's success was based around a decent run game and his freakishly low interception date. Tebow threw 9 INTs in his three year career over 361 pass attempts. Shows you how powerful turnovers really are, and makes you wonder why Jets coaches don't work better to control them...

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The Jets defense has been a mess all year, miscommunication has been the theme the whole year. Their best game was arguably the 1st Patriot game...they really seemed to get after it. Otherwise, they have been mistakes abound. Again, that shouts that it's coaching and maybe something else. I believe the talent is there...it's just these guys aren't on the same page.

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to look this up, but in the 29 games we've played against Brady, our TO differential has to be -60.
    In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if it was -75.

7. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

On the offense the interception stats are being compounded with the fact that Fitzpatrick is known to make risky throws and hasty decisions when down by huge deficits.

I said before I think with the offensive line playing as poorly as they are it really won't make much difference who is under center. You might have traded these for sacks or fumbles or still had ints from batted balls with a QB that stays more in the pocket.

That's not to defend Fitz's dumb throws and bad play but there are so many issues that contribute to this on the offense it's really not something that is rectified too easily, which is why Petty didn't fare much better.

You still have to address the dropped ball issue which causes juggles leading to interceptions as well. This was a problem already last year but it didn't cost them a lot of turnovers or games, however Fitzpatrick probably could have put another 10TDs on the board last year. Without Decker as a second threat Marshall was largely useless (and has a propensity to drop balls).

On defense the secondary was terrible so you got few interceptions, the run stoppage was terrible so you didn't get many stripped fumbles. They're at a sack deficit to their opponents due to lack of penetration, so you're getting less hits and pressure on opposing QBs so there are fewer inaccurate throws and fumbles caused by sacks.

All this add up to a poor turnover ratio.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And good news indeed.

1 more of this shitshow and this season is over.